Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Clothing Survey Fur Traps

geonsocal
geonsocal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I have a couple of Clothing Survey maps for Orsinium - I was just wondering if the fur traps were "live" yet for the PS4.

I'm running low on Rubedo leather and want to make sure the traps are in play before I go harvest.

I don't think I can take spending another couple of hours farming that stuff in the kennels...
PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I think I found the lower limit, 8. So, the range is 8 to 16 with a chance to double. I found a couple of clothing surveys I had not done yet.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get up to 16 per container, with the Harvest Champ Passive giving a chance to double that. I have seen two traps per Survey location, so figure your going to get 30 to 45 raws per Survey. I am not sure what the lower limit is of the range, 15 is the lowest I have seen, but I have only harvested 4 of these.

As for if it's live on the PS4, check the patch notes for that platform. Unless a PS4 player chimes in.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Nestor...I really appreciate you being out there helping us all out...lord knows there's enough details and nuances in this game to keep us all in learning mode for a long time to come...

A while back when I needed to craft some CP160 medium armor I went to the kennels and was able to farm around 100 or so scraps per hour...but, the idea of harvesting those scraps from writ traps sounds way better...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You rock sir/ma'am :) I'm gonna hold on to the surveys until next week...I need to stop picking up writs in belkarth though and just get used to the layout of orsinium...those fur traps are big - it's not too easy to come by Rubedo leather...i'm not really expecting much of a profit from the writs, they're fairly easy with a decent chance (well, at least a plausible chance) of returning a gold improvement item - I was just hoping they wouldn't cost too much...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor...went harvesting yesterday with my surveys, had two wrothgar clothing surveys - as you mentioned two furrier boxes per survey...received 12, 14, 14 and 16 scraps in the boxes...definitely helps the cause..

on a side note, when I refined my weekly raw mats I had about 600 plus raw clothing mats and actually got 7 dreugh wax from the process - just sat staring at the screen and thanking the rng gods for a few minutes...

thanks again for your help...
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fur trap ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fur trap ?

@xilfxlegion

Clothing Surveys now have Furrier Boxes to the survey location. They look like wooden boxes and give up Hides leveled to the Survey. So, now we finally get Hides from our clothing surveys.

EDIT Yay!!!! 10,000th Post!!!!
    Edited by Nestor on August 18, 2016 6:55PM

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    fur trap ?

@xilfxlegion

Clothing Surveys have a chance to add Furrier Boxes to the survey location. They look like wooden boxes and give up Hides leveled to the Survey. So, now we finally get Hides from our clothing surveys.

thats awesome. guess my laziness will pay off this time as i have quite a few surveys saved up
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fur trap ?

@xilfxlegion

Clothing Surveys have a chance to add Furrier Boxes to the survey location. They look like wooden boxes and give up Hides leveled to the Survey. So, now we finally get Hides from our clothing surveys.

thats awesome. guess my laziness will pay off this time as i have quite a few surveys saved up

Is it just a chance? I thought the traps were added and harvested with every survey. I know there was an issue on PC with the traps not always appearing or other players being able to harvest your trap nodes, but I thought they had fixed it. I did a few clothing surveys after launch on XB and there were always 2 traps.

On a side note...10,000 posts?! Wow and congrats!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Is it just a chance? I thought the traps were added and harvested with every survey. I know there was an issue on PC with the traps not always appearing or other players being able to harvest your trap nodes, but I thought they had fixed it. I did a few clothing surveys after launch on XB and there were always 2 traps.

@Jayne_Doe

Soon after the update dropped I know I went to a survey location for clothing that did not have the furrier box, but that could have been a glitch. I thought the patch note said a chance to see the furrier box, but your right, the surveys are going to have the boxes. I think it is going to give you two at each survey location as when they showed up, that is how many I had. Every other clothing survey (6 total done since update) have had the furrier box.

Edited by Nestor on August 18, 2016 6:59PM

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

@Jayne_Doe

Soon after the update dropped I know I went to a survey location for clothing that did not have the furrier box, but that could have been a glitch. I thought the patch note said a chance to see the furrier box, but your right, the surveys are going to have the boxes. I think it is going to give you two at each survey location as when they showed up, that is how many I had. Every other clothing survey (6 total done since update) have had the furrier box.

@Nestor

Yeah...my hubby ran into the same issue just after launch. He knew it was a glitch because he went to a clothing survey location and saw the two traps, but started harvesting the cloth nodes first. Someone else came up and harvested the fur traps, and they disappeared for my hubby. I believe a recent PC patch fixed it, and I'm glad they fixed it before it hit console. But, just in case, I harvested the traps first.