Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making a Magicka Sorc

Bandit1215
Bandit1215
✭✭✭
I have been mainly a stamsorc for a long time, never really dabbling in the affairs of other classes, especially Magicka. However, I have recently developed an itch to try something new, the magicka sorc. I know, I know what you're saying "but Mag sorc was JUST nerfed with their sheild duration". I don't know why but I just now wanted to try them. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you veteran mag sorcs had any tips on skill/gear setups and how effective mag sorcs REALLY are this patch.
CP 561
  • vSO HM - Completed
  • vAA - Completed
  • vHRC - Completed

Best Answer

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP or PVE?

PVP: stick to the no-CP campaigns, you'll enjoy it more. The class is gimped.
    PVE: is perfectly fine, but your Stam sorc can do more damage.

Answer ✓
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    I have been mainly a stamsorc for a long time, never really dabbling in the affairs of other classes, especially Magicka. However, I have recently developed an itch to try something new, the magicka sorc. I know, I know what you're saying "but Mag sorc was JUST nerfed with their sheild duration". I don't know why but I just now wanted to try them. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you veteran mag sorcs had any tips on skill/gear setups and how effective mag sorcs REALLY are this patch.

In the right hands a mag sorc is deadly. I have been playing mag sorc since console release and I usually outlive everyone in my group, those who say it has been nerfed out of existence just don't know how to play it. With that said Stam sorc actually feels stronger (leveling a stam sorc right now).

On my magic sorc I get 42k frag crits, my setup is like this:

Staff bar (lightning staff btw)
    Bound Aegis, hardened ward, encase, boundless storm, streak, overload.

Dual wield bar
    Bound aegis, hardened ward, dark exchange (the one that uses stam) entropy, frags and overload

Overload bar
    Bound aegis, hardened ward, surge, endless fury, liquid lightning.

I run Clever alc, torugs, will power and kena. Swords enchanted with increase spell dam and the other with decrease target resist. Staff with lightning enchant.

So I put on boundless storm switch to dual wield bar go in hit my target twice with my swords start spamming entropy when a frag procs pop a potion and if possible give the target 2 light hits and toss that frag.

Works for me may not be your style but I love it. My max SD is 5700 and max mag is a little over 40k health is 20k
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »

I've a Magicka Sorcerer since the very beginning. The shield which is downgraded is a loss, but you can counter it with changing attributes, skills...

I don't think that a specific type of equipment/potions/food will make you a Superman. Depends on how you play, and against who.

I always like the elemental parts, so I like Torug's Pact set + Spell resistance is a PLUS.
    Set of Willpower is good for the Spell Damage.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU