Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest way to level vampire?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
What's the fastest way to level this? If I already have a level 50 character is it easier to make a new character and buy a bite and level it? Or is it about the same? (I am only trying to get the white dye for maxing vampire)

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to one of the Wrothgar public dungeons. Slot all vamp skills as you open them. Use a psijic ambrosia. Kills as fast as possible.

I think I got to vamp 10 in 3 fifty minute runs. Might have been during cake XP boost event...can't remember. But it was fastest.

In meantime, slotted skills and their lines level when you turn in quests. So if you run undaunted or turn in pvp quests or do any questing, make sure your vamp skills are slotted.
    Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The skill is leveled by XP. Get as much as possible, use XP pots or scrolls. I first thought it was leveled by feeding, but if you hover over the skill bar, you will see all XP levels it.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try and get the skill early on as you can and level it while you play, should get to 10 before you hit 50 ( if playing a new alt )
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need to put a vampire skill on your skill bar to gain xp for the skill line, or just need to unloack and it will get a % of all xp earned?
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhazmuz wrote: »
    Do you need to put a vampire skill on your skill bar to gain xp for the skill line, or just need to unloack and it will get a % of all xp earned?

It's been a while since I did this, but I assume you need to have a skill slotted. That's how most skills work. However, it might be like Undaunted, which levels based on dungeon achievements, not slotted skills. Easy way to test is check your progress in Vampirism before and after getting some XP with no skill slotted.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gain XP - there is no skill-slot requirement to level the skill line. Bear in mind that the XP for vampire is balanced around ~lvl 35+, so at low levels it will take a long time to increase; higher levels less so.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do it at a higher level. It's 1.5m xp from 1-10 so takes aaaaaaaaaages on a low level.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Omnisoul
    Omnisoul
    I picked it up the first time while I was playing through the game at 44 in bankorai. I didn't slot any skills and hit 10 on it after doing all of cold habor and the beginning of Cadwell's Silver.