The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Orsinium won't be fixed till at least August 16th!

Zeddakis
Zeddakis
✭✭✭
Below is the email I just got back from ZOS...."We expect this issue to be resolved with an additional fix that will be part of Update 11. We strongly recommend Xbox One players avoid entering Orsinium until the fix is deployed. Update 11 will launch on Xbox One on August 16, 2016."

So there we have it we cannot play DLC we have paid for till August 16th and that is if they really are able to fix it this time. Yet they will continue to sell it in the store even though it does not work and they are telling customers who have purchased it not to play it.
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Sounds about right.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And when they launch the the new content, PVP will more broken than ever and there will be more lag because they refuse to upgrade their servers! Come on. Wow has servers that hold thousands of people! Cyrodiil could too!
  • xSILVER_SHAMANx
    xSILVER_SHAMANx
    ✭✭✭
    There's only one way we will get them to fix things, and that is to follow these three steps...

• EVERYONE who subs needs to unsub.

• When they roll out new content NOBODY purchase.

• NOBODY purchase crowns.

Only then, when they can no longer make money off new content, will they devote large amounts of man-hours to fixing what content they already have instead of working on new ways to take our money.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only one way we will get them to fix things, and that is to follow these three steps...

• EVERYONE who subs needs to unsub.

• When they roll out new content NOBODY purchase.

• NOBODY purchase crowns.

Only then, when they can no longer make money off new content, will they devote large amounts of man-hours to fixing what content they already have instead of working on new ways to take our money.

See, the problem is that the XBox users on the forums probably account for 0.5% of the total XBox playerbase, and many people will continue to pay for everything. Also, strangely enough, not everyone has these problems. For instance, me.

I only get loading screens when I ask for them normally, and maybe the very occasional extra loading screen in Cyrodiil.

I very rarely dashboard, but I do make a habit of avoiding wrothgar.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    If everyone unsubs and stops purchasing things they wont make any money. This will cause them pull the plug and turn off the lights versus fixing things. They will not keep ESO alive for free, makes no economical sense. Who is to say that everyone that stops paying will start paying again after they devote all this manpower you suggest.

I also don't have these issues, Orsinum has been working for me with no issues before DB and after the 07/06 update. I very rarely get kicked to dashboard and turn in writs on two characters daily. I only had issues on one of two characters since DB. I fixed the lag and loading screen issues by deleting all quests I had in my journal before DB launch.
  • bmatson
    bmatson
    ✭✭
    Hah. I will belive it when I see it. They havnt fixed wrothgar issues since they released wrothgar. Why would we think they actually have fixed them this time. See their release notes for the last patch that said they fixed the issues with wrothgar. Nope
  • YoshShmenge96
    YoshShmenge96
    ✭✭
    I'm currently stuck in the forge. 30+ dashboards and counting. 90 minutes wasted. My fault for getting cocky and thinking I could get to do a writ. :(
  • xSILVER_SHAMANx
    xSILVER_SHAMANx
    ✭✭✭
    Well. I can definitely say that over 90% of the people I play with are experiencing issues. The only ones that aren't are the casual players with only a few low level characters and without craft bags with 1000's of items.

There has already been a mass exodus of players due to these issues and it continues, I am finding less and less people playing every week.

I stand firm in what I said that if people didn't make purchases and gave the clear indication that they would return to subbing and purchasing crowns only when the issues with the current content were resolved you would see a HUGE shift in priorities of what should be worked on. I know this from personal experience working in software development roles. They would NOT just shut up shop. People have made it very clear that they WANT to play this game, it is just REALLY difficult to do so, I think it speaks volumes that people are still playing despite all the issues, and the only thing that I can put it down to is the fact that it is The Elder Scrolls. If it were any other game universe there would only be a handful of people left, namely the ones who aren't experiencing issues.

I really do WANT to play this game. It is the only thing I play of the 80+ games I own on my XB1. I would even offer my services unpaid to wade through the code and help refactor and optimize.

I made a new toon the night before last, and so far I am not having ANY problems. But on my other 5, things are just unbearable, though I do still try :smiley:
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    I really think that they ought to give us some kind of a reward for having to avoid Orsinium for all this time. It is one of the longest running major bugs I can ever recall having to put up with in a game.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect performance will continue downwards all the way up until they take the servers down for SoH. Essentially knowing they have a DLC about to come out the reward for maintenance is not worth the work. After SoH drops it will take 3 weeks or so for new maintenance to stabilize and get some semblance of general game performance.

I've noticed last couple nights what appears to be a memory leak, which I believe is related to the audio bugs. After playing for a few minutes my audio will invariably bug out, then return but performance will slowly grow worse and worse until either I crash or am left in a debilitating state, such as not being able to revive(options grayed out), and have to force quit the client.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect performance will continue downwards all the way up until they take the servers down for SoH. Essentially knowing they have a DLC about to come out the reward for maintenance is not worth the work. After SoH drops it will take 3 weeks or so for new maintenance to stabilize and get some semblance of general game performance.

I've noticed last couple nights what appears to be a memory leak, which I believe is related to the audio bugs. After playing for a few minutes my audio will invariably bug out, then return but performance will slowly grow worse and worse until either I crash or am left in a debilitating state, such as not being able to revive(options grayed out), and have to force quit the client.

I have also had those issues! Will the memory leak be fixed tomorrow?