Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle Leveling Question

Draqone
Draqone
✭✭✭✭
So, if I understand it correctly gear is always scaled to it's 160 CP levels in battle leveling zones.

That actually makes me wonder:

Does it make a difference if I use 10 CP gear or 160 CP gear when in a dungeon or other batlle level zone?

And if it doesn't, why do people always aim to have CP160 gear?

Also, how will gear work once One Tamriel comes around? because if I understand it correctly ALL gear will be scaled up to theoretically we would never outlevel the gear we get.... ?
ESO Balance:
“All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    It doesn't scale gear. If it did, I would see no increase in stats on my cp160+ characters going from cp140 gear to cp160 gear while in wrothgar. I believe it scales everything based on your character level. If your character doesn't need scaling, then nothing gets scaled.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kraynic wrote: »
    It doesn't scale gear. If it did, I would see no increase in stats on my cp160+ characters going from cp140 gear to cp160 gear while in wrothgar. I believe it scales everything based on your character level. If your character doesn't need scaling, then nothing gets scaled.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Sounds simple enough. I guess I should have figured it out but to my defence it was 2 am after a LONG gaming session.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it gear quality and level IS taken into account by the Battle Levelling system. You will get a bigger boost by wearing gear that is close to your level. Also for the same level gear, blue will get a better boost than green, purple better than blue etc.

I also believe that set bonuses are also scaled, once again the boost being dependent on quality and level difference between you and the gear.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    As I understand it gear quality and level IS taken into account by the Battle Levelling system. You will get a bigger boost by wearing gear that is close to your level. Also for the same level gear, blue will get a better boost than green, purple better than blue etc.

I also believe that set bonuses are also scaled, once again the boost being dependent on quality and level difference between you and the gear.

This is correct. I was actually in a dungeon before VR was removed around v5, scaled up to v16, and when I gained a level during the dungeon my stats actually went down because all of a sudden my gear was lower-level than I was.

You should notice a marked difference between cp10 gear and cp160 gear when battle-leveled.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion