Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Upgarding gear and the effect of enchants

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi. If you are going to put enchants into gear, does it have to be the same 'colour'? For example, can I put yellow (kuta) enchants into purple cp160 and get the yellow benefits or will the enchants act as purple enchants until the gear is upgraded to yellow? Hope that makes sense? Reason I ask is one of my characters is about to hit lvl 50 but I casn only afford to make purple gear and yellow enchants. Christ, even I'm confused now, sorry. :(
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not have to be the same "color".

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, generally speaking, you will get a higher enchantment value from a gold enchant vs a purple enchant regardless of the gear quality.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely, I've started enchanting some of my blue levelling equipment with purple glyphs since I have quite a few spare rekutas, and it's worth the extra points.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind. If you improve a dropped item that already has an enchant applied, it will usually improve the enchant also. If you apply an enchant to an item (dropped or crafted), then improve it, then enchant does not improve.

So, if you like the enchant on the item, and want to improve the item, improve it first, then see if the enchant goes up in value or not before you redo the glyph.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"