Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Recipes for provisioning writs

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
I want to complete provisioning writs but I can because they ask for me to make things for which I don't have the recipes for. Where do I get them?
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buy them from Guild Stores is the easiest way.

Also can be found in Barrels and Crates.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only two places that I can think of -- guild stores or friends (or guildmates)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check the NPC Chef vendors. They should have recipes for the level you need. Or Guild Traders, but that will require some searching (but might be cheaper).
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also npc brewers if its for a drink recipe
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As every one says the old route is find them or buy from traders. New way is buy from chef / brewer. DONE
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    Buy the writ recipes from chefs and brewers. Guild traders might offer a better deal, but they also might try to gauge you, so proceed with caution.
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    I want to complete provisioning writs but I can because they ask for me to make things for which I don't have the recipes for. Where do I get them?

Are you on PC? If so, shoot me a mail including the provisioning writ level you need. I can probably wallpaper your entire house in recipes.

Rayya Blackheart or @Phyrie1
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    As every one says the old route is find them or buy from traders. New way is buy from chef / brewer. DONE

^^^ As he said the writ recipes are all supposed to be available to buy from chef and brewer vendors, both are found in Inns/Taverns. This change happened back in March when TG dropped but still people advise to buy from guild traders.

That being said I am not exactly sure how it works with chef and brewer vendor, if they sell based on your level, your cooking level, or based on your proficiency in provisioning. I know they don't sell based on location because they all want to sell me the same 6 writ recipes.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

^^^ As he said the writ recipes are all supposed to be available to buy from chef and brewer vendors, both are found in Inns/Taverns. This change happened back in March when TG dropped but still people advise to buy from guild traders.

That being said I am not exactly sure how it works with chef and brewer vendor, if they sell based on your level, your cooking level, or based on your proficiency in provisioning. I know they don't sell based on location because they all want to sell me the same 6 writ recipes.

Chefs and brewers overcharge a lot.
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Runs wrote: »

Chefs and brewers overcharge a lot.

True, but not nearly as bad as some sellers through guild stalls. I saw the recipes for Chicken Breasts and Baked Apples being sold for 17k last week.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good thing about provisioning writs is you do not actually have to make the provisions yourself. If you can't find the recipe you can have someone make the food for you.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."