Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about CP cap.

Shad0wfire99
Shad0wfire99
✭✭✭✭✭
Been watching some of the more well known players of the community on Youtube the last few days. I've noticed some of them who post build vids use much more CP than the 160 cap. Is there something I'm not understanding about the cap?

XBox NA
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The gear cap is 160, you cannot get gear higher level than this.

The level cap is 531 (501 for console at the moment), you can spend up to 531 cp on your character.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was afraid of that. Now I have to grind CP. Lame.

XBox NA
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭

If Grinding is your goal, there are a few easy ways to actually level quickly. Use a full set of training gear, get married to a friend and grind with them, xp scrolls/psijic ambrosia, etc. Throw those together then run to Orsinium to one of the public dungeons and there are some routes in there that are simple and adds respawn by the time to make a complete loop.

Otherwise, playing out the story is always a fun, but long way of leveling up. Not to mention once you reach champion point levels you gain enlightenment every day, which is 4x bonus to xp gain for a total of 400k xp.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If Grinding is your goal, there are a few easy ways to actually level quickly. Use a full set of training gear, get married to a friend and grind with them, xp scrolls/psijic ambrosia, etc. Throw those together then run to Orsinium to one of the public dungeons and there are some routes in there that are simple and adds respawn by the time to make a complete loop.

Otherwise, playing out the story is always a fun, but long way of leveling up. Not to mention once you reach champion point levels you gain enlightenment every day, which is 4x bonus to xp gain for a total of 400k xp.

Never been a big fan of grinding, though I do have 11 XP scrolls. I'll probably just run Silver and/or Gold on my alts. I just came back to the game after a year away. I can do the training gear, but none of my friends still play ESO (for now; I'm working on it.) Orsinium is is a surefire way for me to make my XBox explode, right now, but I'll for sure check those grinding areas out if/when it ever gets fixed.

XBox NA
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand most of the problems in wrothgar are when people are in orsinium city, you should be fine to travel to the wayshrines near the public dungeons if you want to grind on them.

Another good thing for experience is to do the daily random normal dungeon. Pick up the normal pledge first as quite often the random dungeon gives you the pledge dungeon then you get exp for the random dungeon and exp for doing the pledge.

If you're going to use psijic ambrosia etc do a bunch of daily quests first but don't hand them in, just before the last boss on random normal dungeon use it then you'll get the exp boost for doing the random normal dungeon and can then go hand in all the quests to get the boost on them too before doing whatever else it is you want to do for exp before the boost runs out
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No you don't.

There is really nothing of value at the level cap. You don't get a cookie, trophy, or even a pat on the back and a fine " Good job buddy!" from anyone.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you don't.

There is really nothing of value at the level cap. You don't get a cookie, trophy, or even a pat on the back and a fine " Good job buddy!" from anyone.

No, but you get to use 500+ CP. I have 200. So, yes. I do have to grind.

XBox NA
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you feel you do, I guess you do.... Welcome to your own personal hell.