The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Master of Scion's story

Xinz'r
Xinz'r
✭✭✭
ogHpleO.jpg
Name & nicknames: Known as Xinz'r and One-Who-Wieves-Web, his true name remains a mystery,as he doesn't want to reveal it to anyone. If you ask him why, he will probably either stay quiet, not giving an answer, or say something about old "friends", still not giving direct answer.

Race: Argonian

Birth Sign: The Ritual

'At first glimpse...': Fact that he is someone important is visible from the first sight. His nonchalant posture, courteous manners and always emotionless red eyes leave most people having mixed first impressions of Xinz'r. At all times he displays complete calmness, like he has everything in control, some may even call him arrogant because of that. Usually completely silent, reserved and with ocassional deciding comments in discussions. He behaves same around his friends, with only difference being that he will offer more personnal opinion about the topic.

Background: Not much is known about Xinz'r's past, as he doesn't want to discuss it with everyone, but some details from relatively recent history are known. It is known that from his early age he was raised as a priest of Sithis, unlike many Argonian priests, who are raised as Hist priests and tree-minders. He is devoted priest of Sithis his whole life and doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything else. It is known that once during his Echo of Silence business he went to Mournhold. While there, Dunmeri Great House of Dres found out that one of the leading members of Echo of Silence, their old enemy, is in grasp of their hand, they decided to locate and hunt him down. Xinz'r was aware of how hard it is to leave or enter Mournhold without Ordinators to know it. Because of danger that some Ordinators might be supporters of House Dres, or even hired by them, he looked for a way out. Luckily for him, he bumped into Hlaren Redoran, one of the leading members of Dunmeri Great House of Redoran, who accepted to help smuggle him out of Mournhold. He refused to join The House, but counts himself as its ally, and asks the same from them. On his way back to Black Marsh, he encountered an Orc called Oghur Hatemachine, who told him about legend of The Nephilim and group of adventurers he leads, and Xinz'r was intrigued by his story, and said that he will help them in their search for it however he can. Today he leads Echo of Silence as Master of Scion, and is hidden somewhere most of the time, going in public only when he deems something important enough.

Personality, beliefs & perceptions: Xinz'r is distrustful of other people, but once he decides in his mind that someone is a friend, he becomes completely loyal and open. He has respect for every culture in Tamriel and beyond, but he is known to be fascinated by Maormer, legend of The Nephilim, and dissapearance of the Dwemer. He doesn't have prejudice about any race, and likes to make friends of all races. On the other hand, on mere mention of Dres or Telvanni, you can see spark of pure hatred in his eyes, making you stop talking about them immediatelly. Also, as devoted priest of Sithis, he despises all other religions, with the Tribunal being his least favourite.

He never runs away from conflicts, as he considers them one of fundamental ways to progress in life, as you have to adapt to new circumstances in order to win. It is known that he once said that in few periods of his life, only thing that has driven him was pure desire to show superiority over certain enemy. His nickname, One-Who-Wieves-Web, was given to him by some of his enemies because of his way of winning in these situations - by making a complex plan of how to capture and crush his enemies once they do something that will trigger unstoppable chain of events of his plan, just like a spider and his prey. Because he was never defeated in his life, eventually he became somewhat arrogant, behaving like a leader wherever he comes.

It is known that he is devoted worshipper of Sithis.

Strengths: His calmness has saved him and his friends many times in history, as he succeeds in being calmed and rational in all situations, never giving himself to panick. He is Master Alchemist, and good with two daggers he wields always. He also practices what he calls "Void magic", most of which is known to others as "Illusion school of magic". His past victories and more that average inteligence are what eventually made him arrogant.

Weaknesses: His arrogance and uncompromisingness made him lose his friends in history, and are reasons why he sometimes repeats same mistakes over and over.

Appearance and physique: Pale black/grey scales, dark red eyes and average Argonian height. Always in his black/red priest robes and with mask on. His face is always completely hidden, and only visible detail of it are his red eyes looking at you from inside the mask.

Rising questions: Since Xinz'r leaves an impression of very powerfull person, question that comes up to many people who know him is: "Who does he really hide from? What could be so big and dangerous that it makes him spend most of his time hiding?"

Inventory: Two daggers and a sword (one dagger on his left hip, sword on his right and one dagger in left boot,since he is left-handed), bow and arrows on his back. Food, water in his backpack, and strange silver amulet he always carries arround for an unknown reason. Apparently it depicts stylized Argonian head.

Once all Tamriel worshipped Sithis. Echo of Silence will make it happen once again. Tamriel will be united once more under His name.

- Xinz'r, Master of Scion
Argonian-symbol.png
Edited by Xinz'r on August 13, 2016 10:05PM
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    iq54L4Y.jpg

Entry 1: "An unlikely alliance"

Praying in front of an ancient Saxhleel shrine in Hatchling Pools, I think of an old place... place which is long since dissapeared...when I suddenly hear a voice from The Hist
    -"... A Nameless is in trouble...Travel to City of The Three...Find him....Rescue him."-

Xinz'r, wanting to finish his prayer, prays for a few more moments.
    "Hail Sithis. Forever and ever."

An Emissary from Echo of Silence comes, visibly shaken and disturbed:
    "Master, the new Nameless has been captured during his task in Mournhold. What should we do?" - "I know, sinha. We are going to go there immediatelly." - "But...Why are you going there yourself? You should stay here and hide, you know that he is waiting for you to expose yourself somewhere, and he is gathering more and more allies. We can never know who they are." - "Xhu, but I said...We are going to Mournhold."

The two priests went by foot to Stormhold, where they hired a ship and went off to Mournhold.

When they arrived, their ship lead them to small docks behind Mournhold Mages Guild guildhall.
    "We are lucky to arrive at night. Let's use it and do whatever we can until sun rises. We will hide during the day." - "Xhu, Paskeech."
    PufBkiH.jpg

The two headed off to The Flaming Nix. When they arrived, they got a few strange looks, but since all of them were drunk, they were in focus of attention for merely a few moments. Xinz'r knew who he was looking for - Dunmer called Servayn Edrrano, his personnal friend and Echo of Silence's ally. Xinz'r simply gave him a nod and asked
    "You know why I'm here." - "I do, but why did you come here yourself? That's not like you. Who captured him?" - "Irrelevant. A Nameless has been captured, that's all you need to know." - "Whatever you say, Xinz'r. I don't know where he is, but I know a man who does. She's in The Hideout. I've arranged you and your friend place to sleep. No one should notice you two there." - "Thank you, my friend. We'll be go there now."

Heading to Mournhold Outlaws Refuge, the Emissary asked Xinz'r why he isn't worried about him being captured and if he knows who captured the missing Nameless.
    "Of course I'm not worried. Even if he is here, he didn't have enough time to plan anything yet. And you know that it's hard to hide in Mournhold. Easiest way for us to hide is to do exactly the opposite - do the things he would think are too obvious or stupid for me to do... things he will easily overlook. He will know that we're here, be sure of that, but this way we'll buy more time than we would by hiding and bumping into his allies. And about the Nameless, he's probably been captured by Dres. I'm aware that Dres are among his allies.

We're here. Let's go in."

Inside, Xinz'r discreetly greeted another one of his allies, Ilanadzeh , who tilted her head, signaling him to go with her.
    "You're here because one of yours has been captured, yes?" - "Xhu, do you know where he is and who captured him?" - "This one knows, but needs something to help her remember..." rubs her fingers against one another, showing him she wants gold - "Of course, nothing without gold." - "This one needs to live somehow." - "Xhu." gives her some gold "Where is he? Who captured him?" - "Quiet, Xinz'r. This one knows, but doesn't want to be too loud. You don't want for everyone to know who is here, yes? Your man has been captured by some Dres bandits accidentally because he looked at them the wrong way, so they lead him to their house and beat him there, but when Venthin Dres saw him, he knew immediatelly who that was, I mean, with who he was. He is probably still in their house." - "Thank you, Ilanadzeh."

Two Argonians went to beds given to them by Edrran.
    "Master, we still have two hours before sunrise. I should go there and try to see if he is there." - "Xhu. You have one hour. If you don't come back I'll assume you're dead." - "I know, Master."

Xinz'r went to his bed and took his mask off, meditating and praying beside his bed. After some time, Xinz'r heard Hist voice again:
    "Run."

Since he didn't know what was going on, he put his mask back on and started to go towards the sewer exit. On his way out, he bumped into Edrrano, who was very scared and exhausted, as he was running
    "Your friend... captured by Dres...." takes a long breath to continue "I learned that both are now dead. Your friend snuck in the Dres house to find your associate dead, and on his way out he was seen by some Dres bandits, who took him back inside, where he was tormented. I saw them capturing him, so I went to eavesdrop below the window. Inside he was left alone with someone who looked like a necromancer according to his robes. Dres sent everyone they have to search for you. I don't know all their allies, so I don't know who to trust. And I can't help you get out of Mournhold, as I don't have anyone except my drunk friends in The Nix. Also, I know that you guys have certain powers, and if you ask yourself why they didn't use them... rumour has it that your Enemy himself is there. When I saw that Argonian in robes I thought that that might be your Enemy. If you want and think that you are ready, you know where he is. You can end this war of yours." - "I can't kill him now. He's surrounded by his allies, and I'm alone. In order to kill him I need to be one on one against him." - "I see your logic. Guess your only option is to escape Mournhold." - "I assume that I can't use the Refuge backdoor." - "Of course not, it's right beside Dres farm. You would get a chance to run, but you'll be spotted immediatelly." - "Xhu... I know. Thank you, Edrrano. Go and hide yourself, I'll get myself out of here somehow."

Without any idea what to do, Xinz'r left the Refuge and wanted to go back to the small docks, hoping that his ally and the ship are still there. It was already sunrise, so it was harder to hide, especially for a man in black robes and mask on his face. When he arrived at the docks, the ship was gone and he didn't know what to do. His first idea was to somehow sneak to The Nix and try to find Edrrano and think of some way to leave Mourhold.

Mourn18_zps47b35f94.png

He thought that it was easier to hide along the longer route than to go directly to The Nix by passing through the market district, since he knew that it was probably filled with various spies. He was nervous, since he knew that he can't trust anyone, because anyone could be spy of his Great Enemy. As he passed by Mournhold City Centre building, he saw one Dunmer looking at him. According to his appearance, he was a noble, so Xinz'r's first thought was that it was Dres, and he just continued to walk towards The Nix. When he successfully entered the tavern, he went off to the basement, but he noticed the noble coming in after him a few moments after. Xinz'r, sure that he is an enemy, continued to basement. When he came downstairs, he went right and waited for the noble if he would follow him downstairs, which would be proof that he is a certain enemy. The Dunmer indeed followed him there, and Xinz'r ambushed him, puting a knife under his throat and asking him who he is. He was confused by lack of fear in the Dunmer.
    "I'm Hlaren Redoran, and you have rude way of introducing yourself." - "Redoran? I was sure that you are with Dres." removes the knife "Why did you follow me?" - "You don't see often a man in black robes and masked face walking around Mournhold, and even less you see one walking obviously in a hurry... running from someone?" - "Xhu... yes. Dres sent all their hirelings and associates after me. They killed two of my associates." - "I see, those ignorant Dres... always make trouble. But, you still didn't answer - who are you?" - "I'm Xinz'r." - "And what is your organization, why are Dres chasing you?" - "How do I know I can trust you?" - "I'm politician of Great House Redoran, high ranked one, and I'm not really fond of the Dres, you know that yourself." - "Ever heard of Echo of Silence?" - "Yes, and I know that you're Master of Scion of it. I see in your eyes that you are puzzled by me knowing it. I read books, you know. I know about your organization's history, and I was always intrigued by it... secret organization of priests hiding an ancient artifact. True, you worship Sithis and not the Tribunal, but I think, unlike other Dunmer, that the Rose isn't only meant to guard Black Marsh, but whole Tamriel if needed, and it just so happens, that Molag Bal attacked Tamriel. We have a common enemy, and you are in possession of a strong artifact, which could help all mortal races of Tamriel. Only someone stupid would dare to kill all of you and lose The Rose forever. I don't know much about you, nor I worship Sithis, but I know better than to claim that you are my enemies. If you want, I will help to smuggle you out of Mournhold." - "I'm still sceptical about this." - "Would I come here alone to face Master of Scion if I meant any harm? You know the answer yourself." - "Fair enough. What is your plan?" - "Redoran have regular routes of supplies from Mournhold to Redoran training camp in Tal'Deic Fortress. There is one leaving in less than an hour. Come with me, I'll lead you to it."

The two went outside, and not far from the tavern, there was indeed a cart full of food and water for the Redoran soldiers at the fortress.
    "Get in there. Trust me.", said the Dunmer. After Xinz'r went to the cart and lyed down, he just added

"I'll meet you outside."

Xinz'r just nodded.As the cart slowly started, Xinz'r was more and more nervous, anxious about Ordinator's possible search of the cart, which was covered with some cloth, to keep the food and water away from the sun. When the cart got near the wall, it stopped.
    "What's inside?",

asked the Ordinator, -
    "Regular Redoran supplies for Tal'Deic Fortress. Food and water for the soldiers there." - "All right, then. you can go.",

Ordinator put his hand in the cart, inches from Xinz'r and searches for some food. Since the food was on the other side, Xinz'r grabbed a tomato and held it in his hands on a place where Ordinator would grab it. Luckily, the trick worked. Ordinator got the tomato, started eating it and mumbled something that made the cart driver move on.

After few minutes of travel, cart stopped again, and Hlaren removed the cloth and looked at Xinz'r.
    "You're free to go, Argonian.", Xinz'r gets out of the cart, nods at the driver and looks back to Hlaren "You probably saved my life by this. I will never forget it, Redoran." - "Neither will I. I will ask this of curiosity, since we could use someone like you. Do you want to join House Redoran?" - "No offense, Hlaren, but no. Echo of Silence is where I belong and I will never join anything else. But I will be your ally if you ever need me, and I hope you'll be there for me as well." - "Of course, Xinz'r, of course." - "Farewell, friend." - "Farewell."
    Edited by Xinz'r on November 7, 2015 2:24AM
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    *Echo of Silence used to be lead by a small council instead of one single Master of Scion. Members of the council called each other Inqu’eksith.

Entry 2: "Birth of a dead child"

It was 2E 559. As I was walking alongside the xanmeer, thinking about what the place has become, an Inqu’eksith comes and tells me:

"That man with... the egg has arrived. Let's meet him." – „The one with the dead egg?“ - "Xhu." – „Finally something interesting... let's go.“ – „Xhu, inqu'eksith.“

The two priests went down the xanmeer to greet the Argonian holding an egg in his arms. He was crying and obviously desperatelly in need of help.

„Inqu'eksith! I know that you don't accept to see just anyone who asks, and I'm very grateful for your generosity! Look at my child, his egg. You see the dark spots and cracks? Tree-minders say that the egg is dead, but it can't be! My child can't be dead, it wasn't even born yet! HELP ME, PLEASE!“

Xinz'r, without any emotional expressions nor empathy for the man, says:

„You're welcome, egg-brother. Let's go to our shrine and we'll see what can be done. But... you are aware of the price of such thing, xhu?“ – „Xhu, I am, Master. I am....“

Three Argonians walked silently across the xanmeer and walked to the shrine mentioned. When they arrived, two Inqu'eksith went closer to the shrine and turned towards the man with a child. Their legs were in water up to their ankles, but no one seemed to be bothered by it. Between them was something that looked like a big ritual bowl, which was big enough to stay above water. Behind the man were four xanmmers with steps leading down between them. They stood in middle of an seemingly ancient sacred place, filled with small shrines, and one which was bigger than all others, and stood higher than the xanmeers did. That was obviously the place which held big power in itself and meant something to the two masked Argonians in front of him. By the way they stood by and behaved with each other, it was easy to see that they are good friends and have full trust in one another. Xinz'r asked the desperate Argonian:

„Can you tell us how did this happen?“ – „Xhu, Master... I... It was just a normal egg, like all others. We held it in Hatchling pools, as many Argonians did. It was all normal, until one morning a tree-minder came worried to our house, saying that something is wrong with the egg. When we came there to see, we saw this – one crack and these black spots on it. He says that eggs usually look like that only when they are rotten, and that it couldn't be the case here, since it was all right the night before. I didn't know what to do... our only child, and this happens. I didn't know who else to contact except Echo of Silence. You know yourselves that Argonians are divided concerning you people, and most of my village is among those who don't support you, but my family were always supporters of Echo of Silence and its ideology.“ - „I see. Xho'huth sinha sith'ik thist. Your child is dead, the egg has no energy in it. We can still save it, but since this is very dark magic, it will leave permanent damage on the child. He will be very suscepticle to magic, since his body won't function the same way as others. He will be kept alive by magic, and therefore will be very sensitive to it. Do you understand this?“ – „Xhu, Master. Whatever needs to be done to make my child live.“ – „ And you are willing to pay the price?“ – „Xhu.“ – „If so....“

Xinz'r and his companion make a step forward, standing above the ritual bowl between the three men.

„Kiin. Put the child in the bowl.“

The man nods nervously, puts the child in the bowl as instructed, and makes a step back.

Xinz'r looks at his companion, and they both take their masks and gloves off, put them on the shrine behind them, and come back to the bowl like nothing is happening, like it didn't just happen that two Inqu'eksith took their masks off in front of an outsider. Xinz'r gives questioning look again at his companion, who gave him a nod, signaling that he is ready. The other companion moves to the other side of the bowl, standing opposite of Xinz'r, which made the third Argonian move a bit and look from the side to the priests' ritual. They both raised their arms, turned their heads up towards the sky with their eyes closed. Suddenly small vortex of indigo energy started to form in center of the bowl, below and around the egg, and it grew slowly, rising the egg and making it levitate above the bowl. When it filled the whole bowl and was visible to the father of the egg, he was so shaken that he fell on his knees out of the shock of what he was witnessing. The two priests continued to summon the energy, and suddenly, at the same moment, started to repeat the mantra:

„Inqu'eksith Sith!! Pakseech Si'thlikass'uth!! Ne'golt'siik sith'ik sinha hest'histess! Kis'sqon-Sith'likass'uth ne'siik Xho chaz!!! Kiin, Ne'golt'siik sith'ik sinha hest'histess!! (Jel for „Immortal Sithis! Master of The Void! Hear us and heal this child!! Echo of Silence summons you here!! Heal this child!!!). the two priests continue their mantra on ancient Jel „Hear us, Almighty Sithis! This egg is dead, and we need Your breath of life to be bestowed upon him! The Price will be paid, the father will serve us and the child will become one of our own eventually! Please accept our prayer!!“

The priests continued to hold the energy around the egg, silently, until a few moment later, the egg slowly went back to the bowl and lyed there as it did before the ritual, and in the moment it touched the bowl, the energy flew in the air above the three men and shaped a cloud in form of a skull that looked upon them from above, and suddenly a loud, horrifying voice was heard from it speaking on ancient Jel:

„The Void answers, my children. Your prayer has been accepted... the child will live.“ The cloud dispersed and disappeared.

The two priests fell down on their knees in honor of the voice they just heard. The third man, who was most horrified by what he just witnessed, shocked, asked:

„Was that...“ – „Xhu.“, said Xinz'r

The man runs to the bowl, looking at the egg, as did the two priests. Crack on the egg became bigger, and suddenly, the egg, opened and baby Argonian raised his arms towards the father. The man grabbed the baby, and baby held it gaze focused on the shining water around him for a few moments, and then it suddenly started crying. Father hugged him for a few moments of pure emotion, both him and the baby crying. He looked at the baby, which looked same as any other Argonian baby does. Meanwhile, the two priests came to the shrine, and put back on their gloves and masks, and when they came back to the bowl, Xinz'r said:

„You witnessed the power of Masters of Scion. Don't ever forget it, but also, never speak of this place. You were never here.“ – „Xhu, I know how important secrecy is to you, and now understand why.“ – „And about the price?“ – „Xhu, I know. I have to serve Echo of Silence for seven years and you will talk to my child's mind now and then to guide him to Echo of Silence one day, when you deem him old enough to join You. Sithis demands sacrifice for the egg.“ – „You know that your servitude to us will involve murder?“ – „Xhu... only life can repay life, lives have to be taken in order for others to be given.“ – „Xhu. Hail Sithis, forever and ever.“ – „Forever and ever.“

After this Xinz'r went to the shrine and grabbed a small chalice, came to the father and said:

„Suur.“ (Jel for „Hist sap“) and gave the child to drink it. After that the child has been officially born. Four men slowly walked to the cart which the man came with, and the father went his way with the child. The two priests, both in black robes and masks, returned to their sanctuary, talking as best friends, willing to put their lives in other one's arms. As Xinz'r walked with the other High Priest, he thought of all the things the two lived through together, not even dreaming that the person walking beside him will be his greatest enemy... person which will make him spend most of his time hiding and seeking revenge.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬