The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm Done with Maelsteom

thelastNoble
It is an absolute waste of time. Disconnect/crash all the time with great internet. The end is bugged to where all the platforms light up so you have no idea which one to take the clanfear to. Constant lag and choppy frame rate even though the event is solo causing deaths impossible to counter. Worst part is the drops at the end are worthless 99% of the time and going for flawless is impossible with all the crashing. I've gotten nothing but hunt jewelry which is an absolite worthless set and even the other day got a reinforced curaiss of glory. I understand that they want to keep this as difficult as possible to ensure players feel a sense of accomplishment and the titles stormproof and flawless conqueror remain for those capable of such a feat but get real. The only way to get the best weapons is in a solo event, yet the game is designed to be an MMO with team composition and strategy. I don't play this to be solo. The entire area of Wrothgar is just in shambles all together. Please address this. I know I'm not even close to being the only one to report this time and time again. I'm willing to bet there's even a similar post to this one claiming the same issues. Please stop leaving the players in the dark about these issues. At least a "we know and we're sorry but we are working on it" is better than us sitting on our thumbs wondering whats wrong. Help us help you cause we as players want only what is best for the game and are willing to help test and report these things to the developers, yet nobody is willing to give any feedback.

Update: Its been quite some time since I made this post and still no response, not surprised. Only have gotten infused Ice Staffs FOUR TIMES which I'll never use and have gotten Flawless SIX TIMES with no credibility since it wont register as flawless if you crash stage 6 into 7 which happens EVERY TIME on Xbox One at least. Only way to fix that is if you dont pick up the quest which can bug out your drops at the very end. My good friend who has the number one score literally crashes every attempt on stream and he does it ten times a day. Honestly I'm just all around done with ESO. The game is a complete waste of time, people are getting skins from Vet Maw just by paying for them, the top 100 scores of Maelstrom are all people who get paid to do runs for people, the core gameplay is broken, nothing is getting fixed. The game is designed to be a money pit forcing people to flow with metas and spend money to have those characters. Watch once they go through the meta of each character type the game is gonna just reset in some way like Destiny. Zenimax
... you're the absolute worst company. Your customer service is worse than Time Warner Cable. Im sorry but you guys really suck and don't even care you do.
Edited by thelastNoble on August 12, 2016 7:42PM
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff?
    nerf mdk
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    It is an absolute waste of time. Disconnect/crash all the time with great internet. The end is bugged to where all the platforms light up so you have no idea which one to take the clanfear to. Constant lag and choppy frame rate even though the event is solo causing deaths impossible to counter. Worst part is the drops at the end are worthless 99% of the time and going for flawless is impossible with all the crashing. I've gotten nothing but hunt jewelry which is an absolite worthless set and even the other day got a reinforced curaiss of glory. I understand that they want to keep this as difficult as possible to ensure players feel a sense of accomplishment and the titles stormproof and flawless conqueror remain for those capable of such a feat but get real. The only way to get the best weapons is in a solo event, yet the game is designed to be an MMO with team composition and strategy. I don't play this to be solo. The entire area of Wrothgar is just in shambles all together. Please address this. I know I'm not even close to being the only one to report this time and time again. I'm willing to bet there's even a similar post to this one claiming the same issues. Please stop leaving the players in the dark about these issues. At least a "we know and we're sorry but we are working on it" is better than us sitting on our thumbs wondering whats wrong. Help us help you cause we as players want only what is best for the game and are willing to help test and report these things to the developers, yet nobody is willing to give any feedback.

They've proven beyond a measure of a doubt that they don't care yo. Only thing that will help at this point is sacking all the devs and hiring someone who: a. listens to the community and USES ideas produced by the community, and b. knows how to actually code something better than a 3rd grader could.
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
  • thelastNoble
    Lol I'm not done with ESO, just Maelstrom
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    The Maelstrom Arena is reserved for those who do not experience these issues. For everyone else (Including myself), we are just gimped to struggle with a more frustratingly difficult arena and have to deal with not holding BIS gear.

I’ve looked up guides on beating the arena, even watched Flawless Conqueror runs. I just end up getting mad, watching them do basically the same thing as me, only they are dancing around an around at a steady framerate with no issues.

I mean, it’s not too hard if you have the right CP, gear and knowledge of the arena…

…It’s borderline impossible when you experience:
    • Mobs teleporting around.
    • Frame rate drops to almost a slide show.
    • Game freezing every time an enemy dies.
    • Game bugging out so the special event of the level doesn’t show - Ice platforms not showing they are broken, webs not showing on the stones - "all the platforms light up so you have no idea which one to take the Clanfear to".
    • Constant 1-2 second delay on all skills, bar swapping and blocking.
    • Game logging you out mid fight, for no reason.
    • Enemies failing to show any animation, and just walking after you like a bad horror movie.
    • Can't animation cancel, as the game cannot keep up and just ignores input.

Sometimes if I die, and choose not to use a Soul Gem, when running back to the portal, half the building is missing, and the textures are all low-rez, with about 10 pfs... Oh and the portal is gone.

I respect all those people who put the work in and have completed Maelstrom Arena, hell the Flawless Conqueror title is one of the best things sport while drinking skooma with your fellow Khajiit buddies. But the arena experience defiantly varies with each player.

To top it off, after going through pure hell, I may get a ring of Succession? NO. This is not acceptable.

Can Zenimax just give us XBOX users some graphic settings, so I can tune down everything into cubes and increase my framerate above 15fps?

/rant over. :)
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ this nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Maelstrom Arena is reserved for those who do not experience these issues. For everyone else (Including myself), we are just gimped to struggle with a more frustratingly difficult arena and have to deal with not holding BIS gear.

I’ve looked up guides on beating the arena, even watched Flawless Conqueror runs. I just end up getting mad, watching them do basically the same thing as me, only they are dancing around an around at a steady framerate with no issues.

I mean, it’s not too hard if you have the right CP, gear and knowledge of the arena…

…It’s borderline impossible when you experience:
    • Mobs teleporting around.
    • Frame rate drops to almost a slide show.
    • Game freezing every time an enemy dies.
    • Game bugging out so the special event of the level doesn’t show - Ice platforms not showing they are broken, webs not showing on the stones - "all the platforms light up so you have no idea which one to take the Clanfear to".
    • Constant 1-2 second delay on all skills, bar swapping and blocking.
    • Game logging you out mid fight, for no reason.
    • Enemies failing to show any animation, and just walking after you like a bad horror movie.
    • Can't animation cancel, as the game cannot keep up and just ignores input.

Sometimes if I die, and choose not to use a Soul Gem, when running back to the portal, half the building is missing, and the textures are all low-rez, with about 10 pfs... Oh and the portal is gone.

I respect all those people who put the work in and have completed Maelstrom Arena, hell the Flawless Conqueror title is one of the best things sport while drinking skooma with your fellow Khajiit buddies. But the arena experience defiantly varies with each player.

To top it off, after going through pure hell, I may get a ring of Succession? NO. This is not acceptable.

Can Zenimax just give us XBOX users some graphic settings, so I can tune down everything into cubes and increase my framerate above 15fps?

/rant over. :)

AMEN TO THIS!!!!
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    The XB1 cannot handle the game. Simple.

Have you ever tried playing BF4 32 x 32 in 30ft square area? Same lag.

I am still stuck on stage 2...this is going to take a while...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's any consolation, Maelstrom weapons have a 100% drop rate in Update 11 :smile:
  • thelastNoble
    Yes I have heard they are going to allow us to drop graphic quality but this game is already mediocre graphic quality which is fine but turned down I didnt buy an xbox one to have less than 360 quality graphics. 100% maelstrom drop chance is coming out but core gameplay issues are still at hand. I know console is inferior but this is absurd. Please just respond ZoS! Help us help you! I have over 2000 hours in just over a year. Thats a quarter of the entire year invested in a game that doesn't seem to give the same attention to its users...
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I were you guys, I would just sell my xbox and buy something else. Honestly, I haven't heard anything good about the xbox one. I don't think I know anyone that owns one.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade