Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live’s Next Episode: 8/12"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live’s Next Episode: 8/12. This show features two creative ideas for show segments suggested by you, our players, so join us at 4:00PM EDT for news, Developer chats, Q&As, and of course giveaways. See you then!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Truewan
    Truewan
    ✭✭
    With the long anticipation of One Tamerial and its release, what is the next big thing players have to look forward to?

As someone who has played since released, I would love to see new ways to combat, be it a spear-line, necromancy, the ability to become a Lich (or dragon-priest), the possibilities are endless, will we ever see any new combat skill trees?

Do you have any new classes planned?
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will Magicka get balanced? Currently right now you are at a big disadvantage even going magicka vs stamina.
  • Truewan
    Truewan
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy listening to the new soundtracks you've put into the game. The person who did it, did an amazing job, that said, do you have any plans to introduce new music into the PvP zones (Primary Cyrodiil)?
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roadmap *wink*
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to optimize and scale up the remaining sets in the game to CP160 and change the bonuses they provide to better reflect the current state of the game (either magicka or stamina based)?

If so, is there any rough time frame?
    Edited by Vythri on August 11, 2016 6:44PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show the console UI for gameplay, all new features like text chat as well as the crown store.

We seem to very rarely have console focused ESO live episodes leading up to new DLC releases even tho the content is the same, the experiences are VERY different.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STILL NOTHING ABOUT "BALANCEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing magic Sorcs and their shield have been a disaster what will be done to improve their utility?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question~ With One Tamriel, all zones level to player. Mats level too? As a GM of a crafting guild, I am always making level 1 research items and gear of all levels. So, am I going to have to buy all my low level crafting mats now, or will I still get say Iron Ore in Stonefalls?
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We know Player Housing is coming, Thank You!! But what about "Guild Housing"? A instanced "home" available for guild members? Please think on this. We need more guild perks and support... Huzzah on a awesome game!
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know Player Housing is coming, Thank You!! But what about "Guild Housing"? A instanced "home" available for guild members? Please think on this. We need more guild perks and support... Huzzah on a awesome game!

Guild Halls, like Guild Flagships in SWTOR. That'd be great.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    E-Mote music.... Please!! For the love of Akatosh!! May we please have new songs for our lute!! :)
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Sledgemoto
    Sledgemoto
    ✭✭
    Will we ever see Vulkan API or DX 12 Support and would this help the performance in cyrodill?
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    I think the REALLY big question is, do they expect anyone to actually watch this episode live on launch day for the PC version of No Man's Sky? XD A big dip in viewership would not surprise me.

But on a more serious note I think I'll second Truewan - more classes/skill lines plz? I mean other than TG and DB style passives that are really only good in PvE. I for one would like to see spears/polearms as well but maybe bound weapon (like the spells from Morrowind) versions of the standard weapons that scale off magicka might be interesting too, and yes, yes, YES, absolutely need necromancers!
    Edited by Xeroxed on August 11, 2016 8:56PM
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • atreides
    atreides
    ✭✭
    Greetings ZOS,

This question probably has been asked before but I was wondering if there would be an option to change your alliance for your character?

Also regarding current first person bow animations in ESO, any chance that the first person bow animations for Skyrim could be copied over? Apologies if this question seems absurd. Thanks!
    Edited by atreides on August 11, 2016 11:20PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you say something about your plans for Craglorn, please?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have achievement account widely please ? As its very boring to get the same thing again and again . Also some achievements are really hard to get for multi-times.
    Thanks
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    1)
    The champion point redistribution very convenient. (Redistribute, use + - , confirm), because it don't reset the spent points. Do you have plan something similar with skill point reset (skill point redistribution) in the future?

2)
    Do you plan to move the disguises into collections UI? Particularly Kollopi Essence and Shadowsilk Gem?

3)
    Did you ever think that it would be worthwhile to split PvP/PvE skills + champion points? One setup for PvP another setup for PvE, maybe templates?

4)
    More and more, you can read on forum about CP180 (CP cap raise). Is it possible to come? If CP cap raise is coming, Both CP cap raise and Dungeons/Trials/Arenas CP upscaling to new CP cap will be released at the same time?
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on August 12, 2016 6:50AM
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)
    With One Tamerial, will ALL zones scale from lvl 1 and up? And in what Q do you think it will hit the servers?

2)
    Any plans on working, on how the group finder works in Cyrodiil (Maybe an always open group and a bonus just like you given on using group finder to dungeons?). something something... :)

3)
    Any plans og making sorc pet builds a thing in dungeons?
    Maybe let Clannfear scale after stamina.

4)
    Will we see more hats in the crown store soon :)?
    Edited by kongkim on August 12, 2016 8:10AM
  • Aidanp02
    Aidanp02
    Will we ever get another class, or are we going to forever play with just these four?

Will the racial passives ever change again? Or are they at their final product?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xeroxed wrote: »
    I think the REALLY big question is, do they expect anyone to actually watch this episode live on launch day for the PC version of No Man's Sky? XD A big dip in viewership would not surprise me.

What is this No Man's Sky? Never heard of it. You mean there are other games besides ESO??? lmao..:)
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to ESO live today. I'd like to echo what others have said: when will we see class changes? what change are in store.

More specifically, though, I'd like to ask the team what the future holds for hybrid builds. Many players are trying to make it work, gaining inspiration from the Pelinal's set.

I'd love to hear a line or two from the team about it. =D I'm tired of hearing people say "give up, it doesn't work."
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious about the anatomy of a bug fix section and how it will be. If it provides some understanding for what the QA team is actually doing and how they approach a certain bug - I guess it will be about a specific bug and what they had to do to find and fix it - furthermore if it gives some inside in how the megaserver works and why some things are so hard to fix. Maybe even why they favor a huge list of fixes once per quarter over more frequent fixes where bugs could be more easily detected, because it is easier to say, which change might have caused it - in a huge bunch of changes this is pretty hard to do. And finally, maybe they give some hints, how we could contribute to help them finding and resolving issues.
    Edited by Lysette on August 12, 2016 1:50PM
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys found a fix for group finder yet?

Why doesn't Shadow of the Hist have it's own special login screen and load screen like the other dlc releases did?

When is the next attempt at a fix for cyrodiil performance?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys found a fix for group finder yet?

Why doesn't Shadow of the Hist have it's own special login screen and load screen like the other dlc releases did?

When is the next attempt at a fix for cyrodiil performance?

These dungeons are in an already existing zone.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to evaluate certain skills that are in need of balancing?

In my opinion Evasion/Shuffle is the most over-performing skill in the game. Would you consider removing Major Evasion and snare immob immunity and give it something more predictable and balanced?

One idea is to remove snares/immobilizes on activation and reduce the duration and efficacy of all incoming snares/immobilizes by 50% while active and also reduce the cost of dodge roll by X% while active.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable... I complained about not having regular ESO Lives anymore then I go and completely miss it GRRRRRRR. :/
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450