Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you get a follower to follow you anywhere in the game basically

partyrockstarmike
How do you get a follower to follow you anywhere in the game basically i've seen several people with made your followers in places that you're not supposed to happen how do you do that and if so if it's a glitch how do you do it or can you do it with the Nord worrier followers etc. please with detail in the missions name how to do it thank you
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a question, did the followers you saw have a name? Because if so, they could be the bankers and assistants from the crown store.

As far as I know, there is no way for people to get followers to follow them outside of quest specific areas.

For instance, if I were to do Quest X and NPC Y will be with me throughout the duration of Quest X - NPC Y will only be with me in the set location where Quest X is. If Quest X is in a cave, then NPC Y will stay with me anywhere in that cave but once I leave the set area, NPC Y will leave.

Hope that helps!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    partyrockstarmike

The other day I was on a quest in Wrothgar. I had just started when someone else, who I didn't know, asked me to team up, I did. When we finished that quest. He then asked me to help him with another quest, also in Wrothgar. But miles away, so we went to the nearest Wayshrine and he teleported, as you do. I couldn't remember the quest's name that he wanted my help with, and I thought how do I find where he went? So I brought the Wayshrines map up and scanned Wayshrines, until I saw one with a white crown, that signifies your leader. So I teleported there and followed him to where he wanted me to go.
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    partyrockstarmike

The other day I was on a quest in Wrothgar. I had just started when someone else, who I didn't know, asked me to team up, I did. When we finished that quest. He then asked me to help him with another quest, also in Wrothgar. But miles away, so we went to the nearest Wayshrine and he teleported, as you do. I couldn't remember the quest's name that he wanted my help with, and I thought how do I find where he went? So I brought the Wayshrines map up and scanned Wayshrines, until I saw one with a white crown, that signifies your leader. So I teleported there and followed him to where he wanted me to go.

You could have used Group Tool, right click on name of group member to bring up options and one is a teleport to nearest WS.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Could have been the banker assistant etc. If it was an NPC that helps on a quest most of the quests seem to be set up with an invisible circle around them and if you go out of this area the npc disappears. I personally found one quest by accident that seemed to be set up that if you crossed a line to the left on the map the npc disappeared however if you went right he stayed with you, that npc helped me on a bunch of quests before I went and did what he wanted me to do :-) cant remember the name of the quest but it was in the rift, at the bottom of the map and had something to do with a dragon shrine
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • partyrockstarmike
    It was a mage guild follower and it was healing it was a fight with the character helping him out he was in the rift main city then I saw him in deshaan in a dungeon and the follower was still with him it's not the banker or store I have them I also saw a Nord Warrior following someone around to
  • partyrockstarmike
    I know that there is a invisible circle around the quest area I have tried myself to trick that to get the follower to follow me it didn't work they disappear when you leave the area but somehow people are glitch in it or bypassing the invisible barrier i'm not the only one who have seen this one of my friends said he went into a dungeon and there were like 15 Mage guild followers ffollowing 15 player s they were all together just standing there and that dungeon does not have any followers related with any quess for I have bet this game 2 times now
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know the answer to this?

Have seen it previously & is not a banker or merchant or npc for that quest - I was obviously doing the same quest & did not have the option of a follower. Saw again last night.

They are called Guild Mage / Fighter and though they are the same as ones that you do get in some quests - but I thought they are tied to a certain area for that quest. (So not like Skyrim when at one point you could have 3 followers plus dog if you went off the quest line) How have people managed to circumvent this?

PS4 EU
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a quest in The Rift where you get a follower in a camp and then go off to where the action is, but if you don't go straight there your follower stays with you. They won't go everywhere with you but it's close. Can't remember exactly what/where it is but it's the bottom leftish corner of the map and I'm pretty sure it's the one with all the towers and Harvesters. Also, I think I remember that if you lose the follower you have to abandon the quest and pick it up again to get them back. Been a while since I did this so sorry I don't remember all the details!
    Edited by lillybit on August 12, 2016 12:12AM
    PS4 EU