Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me please, I am new and get humiliated in pvp

ChiefBeef
ChiefBeef
Hello, I am a Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. I am a level 45, and I get *** in PvP. I run dual weilds as my primary with: ambush, surprise attack, shrouded daggers, mass hysteria, shadowy disguise and soul harvest. I used a 2h as a buff bar: with grim focus, reapers mark, resolving vigor, expert hunter and rally. I feel like I do 0 damage to other players and have thought about switching to 2h as my main because of execution but then what would I used for buffs and shrouded daggers I heard is pretty good. I'm am a noob ig and I really would appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

Best Answers

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2h: Mass Hysteria, Rally, Relentless Focus, Ambush, Surprise Attack. Ultimate: Incapacitating Strike

Bow: Cloak, Vigor, Shuffle, Poison Injection (powerful dot), and the last one can be anything you see fit, such as Snipe, Mark Target, Draining Shot

Other than knowing the build, you need to know how to stay buffed up at all times and what your rotations are. Crafted gear is very very very very VERY important so if you can find a crafter who is willing to make you some stuff, accept it! Your stats will increase greatly!
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your dw/2h?

Dw Bar : Suprise attack, ambush, vigor, mass hysteria, Free slot e.g. camo hunter/ blood craze. Ult = incap strike.

2h Bar : Rally, shuffle, relentless focus, crit cloak, free slot, mark/caltraps etc... Ult Dawnbreaker or smiting when you get it but for now use soul tether.

Get crafted gear asap.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge roll timing is critical! And so is knowing when to break CC. You should rebind both of those things!
    I use an extra mouse button for dodge rolling and 'F' for cc break. You should NEVER die with stamina left. Dodge or block to death!
    Get the basics of animation canceling. Every surprise attack should be canceling a heavy attack animation.
    Make sure you have your buffs/debuffs applied before going on the offensive.
    1v1ing is not just button mashing! It's a lot of back and forth. You need to be able to realize when you need to play defensively and when you have the opportunity to do damage.

Stay away from Zergs. At the very least stay away from the big clumps. Charging in with your alliance can be fun, but it's the worst way to gain valuable experience. At least stay on the edges of the zerg and look for secluded engagements.
    Have a plan (Know your rotation.) When someone jumps on you what is the first thing you are going to do? etc.

Can't emphasize enough how important crafted gear is.

edit: If you're PCNA feel free to mail @jerzyk and I can help you with gear. And if you're console I regret helping you ;)
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on August 10, 2016 4:41AM
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried playing in a non CP campaign? Makes a big difference. If you have no CPs and you're fighting someone at 501, I guarantee you won't even leave a dent on them. Your build is not exactly something I would use, but you have the right idea going on. Don't use expert Hunter, btw. It is completely useless
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Have you tried playing in a non CP campaign? Makes a big difference. If you have no CPs and you're fighting someone at 501, I guarantee you won't even leave a dent on them. Your build is not exactly something I would use, but you have the right idea going on. Don't use expert Hunter, btw. It is completely useless

I am in a level 50 and below campaign lol and expert hunter says it gives critical rating, so what skills should I switch around or what should I do?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you wearing crafted gear? Try 5 piece Hundings Rage and the rest Night Mothers, all impenetrable. I prefer running 2h and bow because of the mobility and range the bow has to offer
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    Are you wearing crafted gear? Try 5 piece Hundings Rage and the rest Night Mothers, all impenetrable. I prefer running 2h and bow because of the mobility and range the bow has to offer

I have someone who said they would make thst stuff and I think I will start to run that but I would need your help with knowing what skills to use.
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    Well this is going to be a difficult choice between the two...
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    I honestly don't know what to do.. I just want to be able to kill people
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    Dodge roll timing is critical! And so is knowing when to break CC. You should rebind both of those things!
    I use an extra mouse button for dodge rolling and 'F' for cc break. You should NEVER die with stamina left. Dodge or block to death!
    Get the basics of animation canceling. Every surprise attack should be canceling a heavy attack animation.
    Make sure you have your buffs/debuffs applied before going on the offensive.
    1v1ing is not just button mashing! It's a lot of back and forth. You need to be able to realize when you need to play defensively and when you have the opportunity to do damage.

Stay away from Zergs. At the very least stay away from the big clumps. Charging in with your alliance can be fun, but it's the worst way to gain valuable experience. At least stay on the edges of the zerg and look for secluded engagements.
    Have a plan (Know your rotation.) When someone jumps on you what is the first thing you are going to do? etc.

Can't emphasize enough how important crafted gear is.

edit: If you're PCNA feel free to mail @jerzyk and I can help you with gear. And if you're console I regret helping you ;)

Xbox one lmao thanks tho dude
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... At least stay on the edges of the zerg and look for secluded engagements...

Wanted to emphasize this. In my experience a CatStamBlade performs best in big engagements working the outer edges of the battle, engaging opportunistically, cloaking out of unfavorable situations, helping pull the zerg apart.

(All the other advice in this thread is good as well.)
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    Thank you guys for all the help, this is a lot to take in and figure out but I will get it eventually.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted gear is a must and as you hit L50 start to look for jewellery sets. Join a good guild too, will transform PvP for you if you hang with experienced players. Also Crit chance is not that important in PvP as alot of people run Impenitrable or wards which don't crit. PvE crit is king.

Otherwise the build advice here is good. But keep at it is the maim thing
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget to enchant your equipment as well. That is a good chunk of stats to be missing if you havent. And your equipment, purple if you can.
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    The dude who made the gear for me made dual weild daggers and a bow...what should I do skill wise?
    Edited by ChiefBeef on August 10, 2016 5:02PM
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    2h: Mass Hysteria, Rally, Relentless Focus, Ambush, Surprise Attack. Ultimate: Incapacitating Strike

Bow: Cloak, Vigor, Shuffle, Poison Injection (powerful dot), and the last one can be anything you see fit, such as Snipe, Mark Target, Draining Shot

Other than knowing the build, you need to know how to stay buffed up at all times and what your rotations are. Crafted gear is very very very very VERY important so if you can find a crafter who is willing to make you some stuff, accept it! Your stats will increase greatly!

Should I do 2h and bow or dual weild and bow?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform and faction are you?
  • ChiefBeef
    ChiefBeef
    What platform and faction are you?

Xbox one AD
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To help with survival you will want at least 4 items with Impenetrable on it. It will help lower the damage being done to you. Also do you have Undaunted Skills up to level 9 yet? If you do, you'll want to run 5 medium, 1 light and 1 heavy item to get the 6% boosts to stats. If you don't have it leveled yet, try out 5 medium and 2 heavy(chest/legs) for the most armor.
    NA Server - Kildair