Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many players needed to confront World Bosses in Wrothgar?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I know the answer varies depending upon player levels and skills, so I guess what's the typical group size for confronting these bosses?
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the world boss. Beat some with 2 but more the merrier
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 flawless conqueror
    Or
    2 stormproof
    Or
    4 boethia's sythes/deadlands explorers
    Or
    5-15 pugs

:trollface:
    Edited by Shunravi on February 18, 2016 9:59PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    I've beaten some weaker 1s with 3 and some work. Some like the dragon can take about 8 people
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    I've found 4-6 to be adequate.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually wind up with one other player running along side me when I head into taking down a World boss in Wrothgar.Although there are a few that has a ton of minions that are rough to remove alone.At least two dungeons are rough enough to take a pal with you,..or two.
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I did try one or two on my own, it didn't go well.....
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JuZ wrote: »
    I did try one or two on my own, it didn't go well.....

Dito.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know a few people who have solo'd them, but that's pretty rare. I can normally two man them with a mate, but it's hard. The more the merrier I say.
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the boss mechanics. I've never seen Zandodunaz go down with less than 6-8 people. As long as you have 1 or 2 people taking care of those portals, everyone else should be dps. Same with Old Snagara, the riekr king, and the ice ogre guy, I forget the names. In those cases, the adds can get nasty, so the more the merrier as said above.

The others though, the dwarven centurion guy and the hagraven guy (omg why can't I remember their damn names) I've done with just myself and one other player. Good times.
    Edited by RoyalPink06 on June 15, 2016 11:06AM
    NA PS4
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6 is usually plenty when you're doing them with people from zone chat unless they're all new. Goes a little faster with more.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Nadar
    Nadar
    ✭✭
    I prefer doing them as a team of 2. Presents a good challenge that is difficult to find elsewhere. Best thing doing them with just 2 is that it helps hone some skills and penalizes you if you get sloppy (although when the LAG boss decides to join in, you have little backup so you feel it).

UD is usually the hardest as you are getting chased by the suicide sappers while avoiding the mass of AOE.
    EDU can give it a good run in difficulty but only because of the lag introduced as it is so close to a zone border (the city) although that seems to be much better now.
    Poacher and MAD are fine as long as you take out the healers quickly
    NYZ is frustrating only because of the reflecting shield that can cause it to be slow to complete.
    NB is probably the easiest.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    4-6 Good Player
    10-12 Pugs
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 decent, but not necessarily optimized people can kill any WB in any DLC. Better players can do with less, but a 4 man pug should be sufficient, unless someone really sucks. I have killed them all with three other random people that were standing around at the time (no idea who they were). Wrothgar there is usually a pug raid chain killing them, you can just piggy back on one of those as well.

Edited by emily3989 on June 15, 2016 1:28PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the riekr king

King-Chief Edu
    the ice ogre guy

Mad Urkazbur
    the dwarven centurion guy

Nyzchaleft
    the hagraven guy

Corintthac the Abomination

Personally I'd rank them from easiest to hardest as NB -> NYZ -> EDU -> POA -> MAD -> UD. A group of four coordinated people can probably get them done but the more the merrier. Pugs tend to get slammed by AOE, though, or not knowing that they do actually have mechanics (like Nyzchaleft's projectile shield). MAD and UD are a mess of adds and AOE, and EDU/POA have some surprise heavy hitters. NB and NYZ are basically "don't stand in stupid".
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the riekr king

King-Chief Edu
    the ice ogre guy

Mad Urkazbur
    the dwarven centurion guy

Nyzchaleft
    the hagraven guy

Corintthac the Abomination

Personally I'd rank them from easiest to hardest as NB -> NYZ -> EDU -> POA -> MAD -> UD. A group of four coordinated people can probably get them done but the more the merrier. Pugs tend to get slammed by AOE, though, or not knowing that they do actually have mechanics (like Nyzchaleft's projectile shield). MAD and UD are a mess of adds and AOE, and EDU/POA have some surprise heavy hitters. NB and NYZ are basically "don't stand in stupid".

lol thank you. stoopid memory.
    NA PS4
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Duo'd a couple World Bosses, Unfinished Dolmen being one of them, although a 3rd person showed up towards the end of the fight.

They can be solo'd for the most part, if your willing to invest 15 to 20 minutes to running a pattern and rotation precisely during that time. However, that is not an accomplishment I find to be all that much fun.

I think 4 to 6 people in a Pug, is about the right amount for most the WB's in Wrothgar. The Pirate Captain in Hew's Bane, that is another story. Anyway, 4 to 6 for Wrothgar gives a nice challenge. If your with a good established group, the number needed can go down from 4 to 6, depending.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on peoples build me (Mag Sorc shields OP) and my friend (Mag Temp with HoD S&B) did most world bosses with us 2 only for the daily quest for motifs etc the only one thats pretty hard is the unfinished dolman with the AoEs and the deadric portals and suicidal banekins but we have beat it with 3 people some random guy who was waiting there lol

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    done some with 4-7
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on all kinds of things, not just level, but situational awareness and how team-focused you are. The first time I faced that ice ogre in Wrothgar, it was just me (CP 130) and two others, one was level 41 (obv battle leveled to 150/160) and the other was CP 113. It was a tough fight, but we beat the dang thing. The second time I was with two random CP 501s, and it was just fail after fail.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 people for all of them and its heaps of fun ( that is without no lag)

I have StamSorc in experimental stage and Temp and my buddy has Temp and NB so we just keep on doing daily's sharing the quest and killing World Bosses.
    Edited by ForsakenSin on August 11, 2016 6:58AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."