Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Abah's Landing eidetic memory completion

BlackEar
BlackEar
✭✭✭✭✭
While trying to carefully search for all notes, letters, journals and other writings 10 have still eluded me.

If anyone knows the location or whereabouts of:
King Farangel's Ode to Wayrest
Letter to Abbot Kulan-dro
Letter to Lady Sulima
Letter to Paathi
Lord Wallavir's Wedding Invitation
Rhanbiq's Orders: Iron Wheel Headquarters
The Bleak Veil Endures
Vazshara's Jounral
Wake Walkers' Orders
Warehouse Under New Ownership

Thank you :smile:

Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .Letter to Abbot Kulan-dro: Maw of Lorkhaj i believe (ladder room after 1st or 2nd boss maybe?)

Letter to Lady Sulima: Sulima's mansion, on a desk/table, 1st level i think

Letter to Paathi: Maw of Lorkhaj (in one of the ladder rooms, i forget which boss it is after, 1st or 2nd)

Lord Wallavir's Wedding Invitation I pickpocketed this during the quest, you could check if he is still wandering around on the street that leads to the palace...

Rhanbiq's Orders: Iron Wheel Headquarter On the wall just before you enter the Prison at No Shira, Walks-Softly was standing in front of it during the quest)

Vazshara's Jounral: Also found in Maw of Lorkhaj I think.

Wake Walkers' Orders: In the boss room of Shark's Teeth Grotto i think

Warehouse Under New Ownership: Posted outside of Silver Claw's previous warehouse, the entire area there is considered trespassing, you should find it if you go around the entire outside of the warehouse at ground level.

Two of these I don't know where to find either:

The Bleak Veil Endures (I suspect it has something to do with Bahraha's Gloom given the necromancers are all "bleak veil"
    Edited by Mix on March 20, 2016 1:03AM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mix You are amazing! Thank you very much.

Also for anyone else please check http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hew's_Bane_Bookshelf for help!

I completed both Lady Sulima and the Wedding and did not catch the notes while doing it. I have been looking high and low to see if they spawned anywhere else but so far with no luck :(

Maybe ZOS forgot to add them to a spawn afterwards like they usually do.

EDIT: I have been carefully searching bahraras gloom and I could not find the book. I believe it to be elsewhere.
    Edited by BlackEar on March 20, 2016 10:37AM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I have looked through Bahraha's Gloom too, maybe it should be there but is bugged and isn't...

I forgot to read the notes Walks-Softly gave me for his quest and they don't remain on the tables where you planted them, so no access to those after the quest is completed. I reported them though.

Are you updating the uesp.wiki pages?
    Edited by Mix on March 20, 2016 5:14PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as of yet but I should start. I will try to do it when I find some new ones.

Achievement hunter:

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am always afraid I will mess up their nice website if I start mucking around trying to add stuff:p

I have started a new toon specifically for finding possibly bugged Eidetic items, particularly quest related ones or in areas that quests change. My main went through all the content when Eidetic was still hopelessly bugged itself...
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I am always afraid I will mess up their nice website if I start mucking around trying to add stuff:p

Hehe, you shouldn't be. It would be great if more people contributed! You will hardly mess up the pages, as there are pro patrollers who tweak all the recent changes :)

I did most work on Hew's Bane Bookshelf on UESP and the ones that are question marks are -

The Bleak Veil Endures

The first one must be bugged, it should be readable in the inventory or at least appear somewhere after you place it on display. Second one I thought to be inside MoL, but sadly haven't been there myself yet.
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nurrtibub16_ESO That gives me some comfort at least :dizzy:
    I signed up. Will try to remember to update it as I go! Apologies for any mess I may cause
    Would it help if I added coordinates?

Also @Mix and @nurrtibub16_ESO are you on EU?
    Edited by BlackEar on March 21, 2016 5:41PM

Achievement hunter:

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wont post it here due to spoilers but there is a good video on you tube detailing all the locations.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the North American Megaserver.

@nurrtibub16_ESO Thanks:) I really should add stuff to the site as I use it so much and I do get frustrated when things are missing...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, you shouldn't be. It would be great if more people contributed! You will hardly mess up the pages, as there are pro patrollers who tweak all the recent changes :)
    Yeah, the patrollers get a list of all the recent edits, and each one needs to be "checked off" so none are missed, so don't worry about messing anything up. Feel free to ask any of the editors any questions as well! :)
    BlackEar wrote: »
    nurrtibub16_ESO That gives me some comfort at least :dizzy:
    I signed up. Will try to remember to update it as I go! Apologies for any mess I may cause
    Hey @BlackEar, thanks for contributing! Unfortunately I don't think coordinates would help, as they are only available with add-ons. (And I've seen some add-ons using one set of coordinates and other add-ons using a different set, so the numbers don't always match up anyway.) What you could do though is add the location to the UESP ESO Map, and add a link to the map from the book page using {{Map Link}}. For example, here's Trials of Saint Alessia in Glenumbra. This has locationId 16227 which would be linked using {{Map Link|16227}}. (See this page for how that works.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    @BlackEar @Mix Saw you both making accounts yesterday, and Mix (that was you, yes?) thanks to your comment on Eidetic Memory, @Enodoc changed the lorebooks table template so that it shows locations. So nice =)

@jamesharv2005ub17_ESO Haha, how about a link to the video? ;) You can't just say it's there and then mercilessly leave us searching in vain haha!
    ~Tibbie~
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yeah, the patrollers get a list of all the recent edits, and each one needs to be "checked off" so none are missed, so don't worry about messing anything up. Feel free to ask any of the editors any questions as well! :)
    nurrtibub16_ESO That gives me some comfort at least :dizzy:
    Hey @BlackEar, thanks for contributing! Unfortunately I don't think coordinates would help, as they are only available with add-ons. (And I've seen some add-ons using one set of coordinates and other add-ons using a different set, so the numbers don't always match up anyway.) What you could do though is add the location to the UESP ESO Map, and add a link to the map from the book page using {{Map Link}}. For example, here's Trials of Saint Alessia in Glenumbra. This has locationId 16227 which would be linked using {{Map Link|16227}}. (See this page for how that works.)

Thank you!

Achievement hunter:

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok well dont click this if you dont want to know where the locations are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiGDFVnUN34
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Well ... That's not the lorebook location video. That is the location for the relics collected for Master Thief which is entirely something else. Also, collecting the *item* (Farangel's ode etc etc) will not give you the lorebook, which is basically what we're discussing ^^ And which is why I said it is likely bugged, grr :D
    ~Tibbie~
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like there are so many semi-bugged books.
    What I mean is there are many books at a location that is inaccessible after a quest and they do not seem to spawn outside of it! E.g. all the notes in Bleakrock Village. They are not there and I can't find them anywhere.

Also; The Five Companions book "Proper Torture Techniques: Vol 8" does not spawn outside the Harborage. Yes, I submitted it ;).
    EDIT: It does spawn in Auridon though! Near the beach. Can't find the DC or EP version. ( I am EP).
    Edited by BlackEar on March 29, 2016 6:15PM

Achievement hunter:

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link ^____^

Achievement hunter:

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlackEar @Mix Saw you both making accounts yesterday, and Mix (that was you, yes?) thanks to your comment on Eidetic Memory, @Enodoc changed the lorebooks table template so that it shows locations. So nice =)

Yeah that was me:) I was surprised how fast the response was!

@BlackEar I agree, there are many semi-bugged books that are inaccessible to characters that completed quests/areas prior to eidetic memory being fixed, or are simply inaccessible because the character missed reading them - I think I missed a few because I read it when i picked it up but not in the quest inventory?? Regardless, I am taking a lowbie character through quests and marking which lorebooks there are and then checking if they appear somewhere after the quest is complete (both on the lowbie and my main). If they are not available after a quest (or in some cases, like Bleakrock, the area phases upon zone completion) I am reporting them. Not much else we can do for those books!
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like there are so many semi-bugged books.
    What I mean is there are many books at a location that is inaccessible after a quest and they do not seem to spawn outside of it! E.g. all the notes in Bleakrock Village. They are not there and I can't find them anywhere.

Also; The Five Companions book "Proper Torture Techniques: Vol 8" does not spawn outside the Harborage. Yes, I submitted it ;)

@BlackEar Proper Torture Techniques: Vol. 8 can be found in Auridon, beside the Vulkhel Guard harbor barrier, on the beach S of the Harborage.

I'm so glad I found this thread. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who treats Eidetic Memory like a scavenger hunt. Like @Mix I've been obsessively going through and cataloguing locations for books and noting the ones that are unobtainable after quest completion. Lucky for you your example is not one of them :)
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey both @nudel and @Mix thank you for the follow up.

I recently made another thread collecting bugged ones (or those I think are bugged/ quest related).

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2821864#Comment_2821864

It says Wrothgar but I am doing it everywhere as I go (no real system yet).
    Hopefully you are willing and able to add to the list!

Cheers

Achievement hunter:

• thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    One can also use UESP's log viewer to find missing books. Search for the book, click view, click locations, and you should get a list of coordinates of where the book can be or has been found in the past. (Tip: if the list shows a large number of possible locations across many zones, they might be found in bookshelves in those zones.)

To mark the in-game coordinates, go to the zone or sub-zone where the book is listed, open your map, and paste the following into your chat:

/script PingMap(MAP_PIN_TYPE_PLAYER_WAYPOINT, MAP_TYPE_LOCATION_CENTERED, x, y)

Substitute 'x' and 'y' with the numbers found on the book's page on UESP. A marker will appear on your map, showing you the approximate location of the book. That said, some books have seemingly never been found in-game (by those who provide UESP with logs, at any rate) and thus not appear in the list at all ('A Less Rude Song'), while others have been moved or seem to have disappeared ('Dead Man's Drop', 'Note from Jeegren').
    Edited by thawks on March 30, 2016 10:27AM
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping...

Am I to assume these two are bugged then? :/ Anyone that has information regarding these two books, please let me know :)

The Bleak Veil Endures

P:S: Kindly don't redirect me to UESP, as I'm an editor there... the book collection page is made by me >,< Thanks.
    ~Tibbie~
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping...

Am I to assume these two are bugged then? :/ Anyone that has information regarding these two books, please let me know :)

The Bleak Veil Endures

P:S: Kindly don't redirect me to UESP, as I'm an editor there... the book collection page is made by me >,< Thanks.

King Farangel's Ode to Wayrest or "King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest" is an unreadable item as far as I know. It's a treasure, part of Kari's Hit List. I'll try reading it from the display case since I've collected it. But I know I could not read it in my inventory.

EDIT: I can confirm that it it not interactive in the display case either. Unless there is another hand-placed version of this book somewhere, there is no means of reading it currently.
    Edited by nudel on April 30, 2016 9:32PM
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Warehouse Under New Ownership scroll is pinned on the wall next to the warehouse entry so dont search for it on the ground for a an hour as I did :)
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on August 10, 2016 10:23AM