Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[off-ESO] Help upgrading my pc

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Please Zos don't delete my topic :D

Off-eso help plz.
I have been playing games on pc my whole life, but one thing that I didn't figure well is the proper way to upgrade it. Since it's father's day next sunday, my wife allowed me...I mean...I told her that I'm going make a small upgrade on pc, and I'm wondering what should I get.

Here's my specs:
I7 4770
8 gb ram
GTX970
Motherboard ASUS TUF Vanguard
1TB hdd.

I'm wondering, should I get one of those SSD hard drives or put up more ram, or perharps little bit both? I only use the computer for gamming, and stuff.
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the specs you don't really need an upgrade.
    But yeah upgrading to 16gb ram wouldn't hurt and not too huge SSD for primary drive. You should keep current drive still.

I'm still doing fine with 8gb and i7 that was released 2010.
  • XistenZ_one
    As previous poster said, you don't really need an upgrade :) but if anything, 16GB RAM wouldn't hurt and if you really want to spend you can upgrade your graphics card (there's slight room for improvement, slight!).
    But again, you really don't need to.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty for the feedback guys. Perharps I'll postpone it for a couple of years.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • XistenZ_one
    But of course if you feel something is bothering you while you play, like loading screens takes too long, low FPS, everything looks like crap etc then it wouldn't be a waste to upgrade the proper component. Just have to figure out something that bothers you that is related to the hardware :)
    #enabler
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks pretty good, but if you're being allowed upgrading, 16GB ram would be the way to go I believe. Or just grab an SSD for your operating system. I found my OS on and SSD is super snappy and couldn't go back now haha.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you guys recommend me a good hd ssd? Buying this kind of stuff is kind of tricky.

A fried of mine suggested me the SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 2.5´ 480GB SATA III 6.0Gb/s - SHFS37A/480G. Is this one good? A other friend of mine suggested me the SSD Samsung 850 EVO 2.5´ 500GB SATA III - MZ-75E500B/AM.
    Which one is better?
    Edited by Milvan on August 9, 2016 2:20PM
  • itz_Lobster
    itz_Lobster
    ✭✭
    Love my Samsung SSDs, can't go wrong with one.