Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Tanking Sets?

Travy_2Hype
Travy_2Hype
✭✭✭
I'm currently built as a Magicka Dragonknight.

The current armor set I have is: Knightmare Set
(2 items) Adds 1898 Physical Resistance
(3 items) Adds 1039 Max Health
(4 items) Adds 126 Weapon Damage
(5 items) 20% Chance on melee attack to apply Minor Maim to nearby enemies for 5 seconds, reducing the damage they deal by 15%.

With the Valkyn Skoria monster set:
(1 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
(2 items) 6% chance when damaging an enemy with a damage over time effect to call a meteor dealing 7607 Flame Damage to target and 3657 Flame Damage to other nearby enemies. This effect has a cooldown of 5 seconds.

Working on getting the Rebellion Weapon set:
(2 items) Adds 1039 Max Health
(3 items) 5% chance on attack to gain a 3010 point Damage Shield for 5 seconds.

I almost have enough research done on heavy armor to craft the Shalidor's Curse set:
(2 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
(3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
(4 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
(5 items) While you are below 50% Health, light attacks restore 559 Health.

- Slightly hesitant to craft the Shalidor's Curse set, because overall it doesn't seem better than the Knightmare set that I already have.

Any one else know of any better sets for Magicka Tanks? Or have an idea of what the 'best' set(s) are?
X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go with the Shalidor's Curse set. This is because your healer should be healing you the instant you pop below 50%.

Hist Bark is still strong, because of the 20% dodge chance while blocking, and Armor Master is good when paired with Annulment.

Here's a good list of all sets: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanking in ESO is about buffing your group. The act of holding aggro and staying alive is simply "busy work" for a tank. The most desirable tanks in today's game are those that will boost the damage output of the group, along with other buffs that may afford survivability. That being said, tanks that deal a reasonable amount of damage are still viable/desirable in 4man content and pvp. But for pve trials tanking, the former is more applicable.

The strongest buff a tank can give is Aggressive Horn. As such, the best tanking sets are those that enable us to crank out more horns: Tava's Favor, Blood Spawn, Akaviri Dragonguard, and Potentates. Other good/decent options include Alkosh, Ebon, and in certain situations Bahraha's Curse (which isn't a buff set, but a self-healing set).
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What @Autolycus said. Ultimate generation tanks are best in the business these days. Go with tavas favor, bloodspawn, potentates, and 2pc endurance, agility, or willpower depending on the stat you're low in. Slot shuffle on second bar. Profit.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to recommend two other sets: armor master and black rose. Both have really interesting 5 piece bonuses. Black Rose works particularly well with magicka dk. I bet it would work great with summer.
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Tanking in ESO is about buffing your group. The act of holding aggro and staying alive is simply "busy work" for a tank. The most desirable tanks in today's game are those that will boost the damage output of the group, along with other buffs that may afford survivability. That being said, tanks that deal a reasonable amount of damage are still viable/desirable in 4man content and pvp. But for pve trials tanking, the former is more applicable.

The strongest buff a tank can give is Aggressive Horn. As such, the best tanking sets are those that enable us to crank out more horns: Tava's Favor, Blood Spawn, Akaviri Dragonguard, and Potentates. Other good/decent options include Alkosh, Ebon, and in certain situations Bahraha's Curse (which isn't a buff set, but a self-healing set).

Well I have the level for Aggressive Horn, just need to morph it.
    Have enough saved up for Tava's Favor, already have Blood Spawn - so would just need to go gather Potentates in PvP.
    Thanks ^_^
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS