The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add on questions

Nhadyla
Nhadyla
I used to play WoW and these mods were standard for me back then, they made my life a lot easier.

1. Deadly Boss Mods
2. A mod that allows you to track debuffs on mods

Are there addons like these in this game? Ive heard addons exist but im not sure.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nhadyla wrote: »
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Been a long time since I logged into WoW, what did this one do?
    A mod that allows you to track debuffs on mods

Look here. Srendarr is popular, I use AUI at the moment.

If you're going to download addons from esoui.com though, use Minion it makes the process much easier.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes there are many add-ons and some are really useful. You just have to make the add-ons you use are up to date with the current version of ESO. Sometimes out of date or obsolete add-ons can cause problems. Go to www.esoui.com , it's the site most of us here trust for add-ons.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Nhadyla
    Nhadyla
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Been a long time since I logged into WoW, what did this one do?
    A mod that allows you to track debuffs on mods

Look here. Srendarr is popular, I use AUI at the moment.

If you're going to download addons from esoui.com though, use Minion it makes the process much easier.

Deadly Boss Mods is an addon that helps you with boss encounters, telling you not to stand in the fire, what phase will come next and all sorts of help regarding bosses.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play WoW and these mods were standard for me back then, they made my life a lot easier.

1. Deadly Boss Mods

Are there addons like these in this game? Ive heard addons exist but im not sure.

1. If your referring to a mod that shows you were the Bosses are, there are two, All Public Bosses and Destinations. The latter is preferred as it shows you a bunch of other stuff
    2. There are lots of Buff/Debuff timers. The thing is to try a few of them to see what you like. I think AUI and FTC both have this as optional modules, but there are also stand alone buff timers
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nhadyla
    Nhadyla
    Nestor wrote: »

1. Deadly Boss Mods

1. If your referring to a mod that shows you were the Bosses are, there are two, All Public Bosses and Destinations. The latter is preferred as it shows you a bunch of other stuff
    2. There are lots of Buff/Debuff timers. The thing is to try a few of them to see what you like. I think AUI and FTC both have this as optional modules, but there are also stand alone buff timers

DBM is more of a mod that helps you with boss encounters on dungeons and raids, it was extremely useful and all raiders like myself had it.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. Deadly Boss Mods

DBM is more of a mod that helps you with boss encounters on dungeons and raids, it was extremely useful and all raiders like myself had it.

Not aware of anything like this for ESO, we usually just pass around YouTube videos of the more talented among us wrecking face in dungeons.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most bosses in this game, all you need to know is that they are there. Some have a pesky habit hiding in among regular mobs like they are coy or hiding or something. Quite a few times I wade into a group of mobs wondering why one if them is not dying on schedule and then I see they have 10 times the health of the other mobs.

The ones you have to worry about, best to look at videos of others having the fight or listening to your Tank when they talk about the mechanics.

• Nhadyla
    Nhadyla

Most bosses in this game, all you need to know is that they are there. Some have a pesky habit hiding in among regular mobs like they are coy or hiding or something. Quite a few times I wade into a group of mobs wondering why one if them is not dying on schedule and then I see they have 10 times the health of the other mobs.

The ones you have to worry about, best to look at videos of others having the fight or listening to your Tank when they talk about the mechanics.

I am the tank though :P

Looks like ill have to go without that mod, such a shame, im gonna miss it.

This is a video on basically what it does and how it does it, just to show you how good it was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRyYYsCHWX0
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I see. In ESO the bosses will broadcast tell-tales that indicate what they are going to do and who they are going to do it to. Learning these tell-tales and reacting to them are a pretty fundamental part of the challenge and immersion in PvE encounters, so I think that's a big reason we don't have an addon like this available.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, all the mobs in this game have Tells before they do an attack. You have to learn to recognize them. Once you learn the "body language" then its fairly easy to figure out what they are going to do next. What you don't get to see are the trigger points for adds, like some bosses will call out extra adds at certain levels of health, or transform at certain health levels for example. Those, you just have to know the trigger points. AUI Frames can help with that by showing you a percentage of health for the bosses so you know when those attacks or changes are eminent.

• spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    Deadly Boss Mods is an addon that helps you with boss encounters, telling you not to stand in the fire, what phase will come next and all sorts of help regarding bosses.

Did some looking on ESOUI.com and it looks like maybe this is what you're looking for?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1094-SunTzu-BossStratsanddungeonshelp.html

I haven't tried it but the description sounds close.
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer