Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting and the new post lvl 50 leveling

Jade1986
Jade1986
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I cannot be the only one that finds this whole new system flawed, can I?

I recently just made lvl 48 gear for my toon, and was happy as could be when going into pvp, my stats were good, everything was optimal......

Then I hit 50 and FLY up to cp 160. Now when I go into pvp my stats are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful, and I cannot exactly craft that lvl gear yet, so I have to grind like CRAZY in order to get my smithing and the like up. Personally I dont think they thought this through at all. Gear should just stop at 50. Period.
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    Too late to want for that. It is what it is now and will likely only progress upwards. Be happy your trip to the top was so quick and realize that you now have access to higher level loot to wear or deconstruct as needed.

Now get out there and grind.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Or buy cheap stuff from the trading guilds to deconstruct or to research traits.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To the best of my knowledge it is impossible for a players first character to jump from level 49 to CP160. Based on the fact that you cannot earn CP until you reach level 50, your statement leads me to believe that this is not your first character and you have (or have had) at least one other character at CP160 (or had a vet character before vet removal).

If you are saying that you have no material to make gear, no gold to buy it and no skills to make it, what have you been doing with your other character/s?

Plenty of people either bought or went grinding for enough material to make their Vet 16 gear before the change, why should that gear now be next to useless because you don't like the jump from level 50 to CP160?

I would have thought that not having to worry about making multiple sets of gear as you progress from level CP10 to CP160 would be a bonus, not a problem.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or buy cheap stuff from the trading guilds to deconstruct or to research traits.

Thats what I am doing now : cries :
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge it is impossible for a players first character to jump from level 49 to CP160. Based on the fact that you cannot earn CP until you reach level 50, your statement leads me to believe that this is not your first character and you have (or have had) at least one other character at CP160 (or had a vet character before vet removal).

If you are saying that you have no material to make gear, no gold to buy it and no skills to make it, what have you been doing with your other character/s?

Plenty of people either bought or went grinding for enough material to make their Vet 16 gear before the change, why should that gear now be next to useless because you don't like the jump from level 50 to CP160?

I would have thought that not having to worry about making multiple sets of gear as you progress from level CP10 to CP160 would be a bonus, not a problem.

But you do have to make multiple sets. If you have lvl 48 gear, and fly over cp 140 and enter a pvp campaign or pve group finder dungeon, your stats will be goooood awful. So you have to somehow get all the perks really fast to make cp 140 gear, otherwise you might as well not even do either of those activities.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    So, I cannot be the only one that finds this whole new system flawed, can I?

I recently just made lvl 48 gear for my toon, and was happy as could be when going into pvp, my stats were good, everything was optimal......

Then I hit 50 and FLY up to cp 160. Now when I go into pvp my stats are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful, and I cannot exactly craft that lvl gear yet, so I have to grind like CRAZY in order to get my smithing and the like up. Personally I dont think they thought this through at all. Gear should just stop at 50. Period.

Actually my take on this is the part that wasn't thought through at all was your "so what do i need for when i get this one of my characters to 50."

That old phrase about "your lack pf planning..." comes to mind.

That said, it will be helped IMO when they finish the deal and scale all the nodes so any character can harvest any useful material at their level anywhere. Right now, the legacy nodes at low-cp levels throughout so many zones are just wastes for the most part. the audience for "CP20, 30, 40, 50 etc gear is far less than it was before and will continue that trend.

They got it right with runes, but i guess that was just testing the waters and so we will see all nodes scaling by one-tam or sooner.

but yeah, plan ahead.

i had four characters promoted to Cp160 the day of the changover and had them all in Cp160 gear right away - because i had been working towards that easily forseen event ahead of time.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But you do have to make multiple sets. If you have lvl 48 gear, and fly over cp 140 and enter a pvp campaign or pve group finder dungeon, your stats will be goooood awful. So you have to somehow get all the perks really fast to make cp 140 gear, otherwise you might as well not even do either of those activities.

This is by design, to prevent you from simply choosing to keep your old gear rather than make new gear once you have levelled. The scaling system does not - and should not - level lower level gear to your level to save you making new gear. If you have not been doing any crafting leveling on your way to level 50, that is just poor planning,

My first remark from earlier still stands, you cannot jump from level 50 to CP140 or CP160 without having earned the CP on another CP level character (or a vet character prior to vet removal). If you have (or have had) another character reach vet/CP level, you have had the opportunity to level your crafting skills all the way and have either chosen not to or maybe deleted the character that had all the skills.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do dailies in Gold Coast, easy way to get some base-line cp160 gear to hold you over until you can get some stuff that more readily conforms to your playstyle.

Sithis, Flanking, and Morihaus sets are all pretty easy to come by.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, vr15 purple gear is perfectly viable for most content short of vMA and trials and high-level PvP. If you are in a group, you should be able to hold your own weight no probs. And v15 mat is dirt cheap cos u only need like 20 pieces to make a one slot?
    Edited by Vangy on July 20, 2016 9:44AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loads of drop sets you can buy to see you through, rarer since DB as lots of people had the same thought, I bought a ton priror to DB dropping to be ready.

but anyway if you have jumped to CP160 you must have another charactor right? Surely they are leveled enough to make the gear for this charactor? I.e. You don't have to craft it on that toon?

Levels slow I had most crafts at L50 before I hit L50 as a rank. Did you grind to L50 / level fast?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Loads of drop sets you can buy to see you through, rarer since DB as lots of people had the same thought, I bought a ton priror to DB dropping to be ready.

but anyway if you have jumped to CP160 you must have another charactor right? Surely they are leveled enough to make the gear for this charactor? I.e. You don't have to craft it on that toon?

Levels slow I had most crafts at L50 before I hit L50 as a rank. Did you grind to L50 / level fast?

other characters didnt do smithing :/ I just realized tho the other day that all the gear dropping in the DLC areas are 110 or higher, so I am just farming gear there now to deconstruct.
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

other characters didnt do smithing :/ I just realized tho the other day that all the gear dropping in the DLC areas are 110 or higher, so I am just farming gear there now to deconstruct.

Doing daily dungeons, as well as, the Normal and Vet Undaunted Dungeon can net you really good gear. Most importantly 2 piece epic sets. If you have the people to do Trials, that'll net you not only good gear but good 5 piece epic sets.

Also, like someone else stated earlier - if you do that Dark Brotherhood quests in Gold Coast you'll net 140-160 Sithis Armor. Same goes for Theive's Den in Hew's Bane (don't remember name of armor sets).
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Max level gear is so cheap now. You can buy full pvp and bad trait sanctum sets for 20k!