The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove/Fix Shuffle and make Shields critable

NotPhobia
NotPhobia
✭✭✭
BALANCED by Phobia
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrid idea

Edit: here's why i say that: the crit on shields. Couple of things, there is no armor resist calculations on the shield, so you do full tooltip damage to the shield.

Second shields can be critically hit, if the ward is smaller than the damage, you will still do some crit damage, not all but some - changing this would make any ward weaker than a heal completely worthless.

If you make shields crit able, you'll end up taking more damage thanks to the ward - not less, making their existence pointless.

Shuffle, meh, as long as there isn't a cheat engine in place, I see no issues - but I care more about the wards.

Why make magicka even worse?
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 28, 2016 5:56PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horrid idea

Edit: here's why i say that: the crit on shields. Couple of things, there is no armor resist calculations on the shield, so you do full tooltip damage to the shield.

Second shields can be critically hit, if the ward is smaller than the damage, you will still do some crit damage, not all but some - changing this would make any ward weaker than a heal completely worthless.

If you make shields crit able, you'll end up taking more damage thanks to the ward - not less, making their existence pointless.

Shuffle, meh, as long as there isn't a cheat engine in place, I see no issues - but I care more about the wards.

Because Magicka sorcs are already free AP. Some lazy Stam guys don't want to put in any effort to take it.

[Split] , I'm sure [Split] @Wrobel will give Stam builds everything that they want.

[Edited for Bashing and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on July 29, 2016 4:01PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Horrid idea

Because Magicka sorcs are already free AP. Some lazy Stam guys don't want to put in any effort to take it.

[Split] , I'm sure [Split]@Wrobel will give Stam builds everything that they want.

Seriously magicka is not weak a good magicka player is still able to be very deadly. Seriously you bad magicka players stop whining about stamina and either learn to play or re-roll stamina since it's "so easy".
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on July 29, 2016 4:00PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield already got nerfed into the ground what is the purpose now? Waiting six seconds now makes me laugh.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrid idea

Keep crying though, I'm sure dimwit @Wrobel will give Stam builds everything that they want.

Seriously magicka is not weak a good magicka player is still able to be very deadly. Seriously you bad magicka players stop whining about stamina and either learn to play or re-roll stamina since it's "so easy".

Dude, wtf? How is it whining when someone suggests an idea to nerf something that just got nerfed and you explain why you feel it's a bad idea? His comment actually had nothing about previous changes, to me, his post comes from an angle that recognizes ZoS does in fact change this based upon community outcry, and to voice our opinions against such changes need to be made in the hopes of making ZoS realize that the first community is not the majority, or at least not in complete agreement.

I've played a magicka sorc for over a year and re rolled a majority stam build.

Two things about sorcs: now playing against one there are clearly visable moments of weakness that Did Not exist before, the duration Is Short Enough to have a noticeable effect and not only does a stam class have a Much larger array of abilities to choose from, despite any class choice, they have a Far more interesting and viable sets of armor.

You know what magicka sets do? They say increase x, y, and z stat. They had One non stat modifying set and they nerfed it too (VD via Proxy det nerf)

I'm not arguing viability, just come on man, it's pretty obvious
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrid idea

[Split] , I'm sure [Split]@Wrobel will give Stam builds everything that they want.

I love it when you post about balance. Always so ignorant and biased :)

You may not want to hear it, but those Magicka players did reroll Stamina. Not because it's "so easy", but because it is overall stronger, less restricted, and has more tools for evasion than Magicka. That is why we are in a Stamina meta.

You've always been inclined to believe that Stamina classes take extraordinary skill to play, while Magicka classes are easy and inherently OP.

That is very flawed logic. That is the logic of how people viewed balance years ago when ESO was almost literally Elder Staves Online and Magicka DKs reigned supreme. ZOS has made many changes since then :/

And when you say "good" Magicka players are still deadly.... well of course they are :lol: Good players are deadly no matter what!

It is when Weak-Average players begin rerolling something that it becomes obvious what is going on. Currently Cyrodiil is packed with Stamina classes and Malubeth Magicka Templars. Do we need to explain this more for you?

You'll understand one day when you finally accept that Stamina builds are not at all gimped like you want to believe they are.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back shield durations to 20 seconds, remove bolt escape fatigue or add cloak fatigue for balance, and then you can make shields critable / dots impacted by them.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks, I don't want to have to put/get impens on every single armor I use in PvP.

The shield is risky sometimes, but allows me to use infused and divines and have a little more diversity with my build.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Seems they are catering to the solo PvP crowd that want to have high damage, survivability and sustain and have no weaknesses.

if you want group pvp, then make grouping a thing. remove Vigor Heal and make stamina builds rely on getting healed by a magic healer.

shuffle certainly seems bugged to me. 20% dodge rate goes off a lot - while double take - same 20% dodge rarely goes off - like 20% of the time ;P
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring it down to 10% then and not go crazy at 6 seconds like they did with shields.
  • joshhh_nb
    joshhh_nb
    ✭✭
    100% agree, remove the rng bs and make shuffle and double take remove snares and add movement speed instead. Increase the duration of shields to how they were pre DB, double the damage they absorb but make shields crittable, thus making Impen viable, to further the balance the bigger the shield the less effective Impen is. (Wouldn't want to deal with sorcs that have 40k max magic and 2k -2.5k crit resist.) It adds diversity to sorc shield stackers, either have big shields and hit hard with your max magic, but more vulnerable to crits or have a smaller shield but even more crit resistance.

Haven't played sorc since they butchered streak but also giving sorcs their streak would be nice.

@twistedmonk, they are not catering to solo players. They are making the lives of solo players harder with the recent addition to poison and snares. The burst meta you talk about also centres more around zergs who don't have to manage resources, just dishing out as much damage as they can.

Someone said that magic players need to stop whining about the overperforming stam classes. LOL.

- unchained passive
    - racial choice that synergies a well with stam classes
    - easier to stack weapon damage
    - Roll for days until your vigor heals you to full health
    - Overperforming rng dodge chance that also removes snares.
    - *** easy resource management. (Dark deal, repentance - goes well with stamplar because the faster you kill the easier it is for you to get stam back and red guard stam blades utilising siphoning attacks) Mag nbs can use siphoning but they give up more compared to stam nb.

I'm not going to lie Magic does have one overperforming magic class and it's a mag plar though. Damage you can get with sweeps and devouring swarm is nasty, you can stack about 2.5 crit resist and be a tank in 5 light 1 heavy 1 medium. Or you can go 5 heavy seducers 2 blood spawn and 2 torugs, damage is excellent, resource management is almost non existent if you use rune too you're essentially a walking hulk. Go duo with another Templar and the Zerg is gonna need another Zerg.
    Edited by joshhh_nb on August 4, 2016 12:20AM
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Remove shuffle already!
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm insta dying with 20k shields and 20k life my sorc from NB combo with full cp for whatever reason on my sorc, so I dunno why NB are complaining about needing to crit when you can get 4k weapon damage. Shuffle, I see guys perma dodge and not run out of stam, but for me I use dodge roll and shuffle it doesn't seem to have any effect usually I'm dead mid dodge from a dodge able skill. I'm not sure why works for some player and not others makes you wonder that's all I can say. personally I still think there's people exploiting some broken mechanic out there or maybe just cheating with CE.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we talk about how shuffle actually works, 20% to open a dodge window like dodge roll meaning everything in that time frame misses, not every 1/5 attacks
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm insta dying with 20k shields and 20k life my sorc from NB combo with full cp for whatever reason on my sorc, so I dunno why NB are complaining about needing to crit when you can get 4k weapon damage. Shuffle, I see guys perma dodge and not run out of stam, but for me I use dodge roll and shuffle it doesn't seem to have any effect usually I'm dead mid dodge from a dodge able skill. I'm not sure why works for some player and not others makes you wonder that's all I can say. personally I still think there's people exploiting some broken mechanic out there or maybe just cheating with CE.

Reverse slice and morphs have been killing me through dodge roll for a few days now, pretty annoying getting ganked by a heavy>surprise attack>incap>reverse, dodging the incap and still dying to reverse
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g