Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Gold Gear.

watts320
watts320
✭✭✭
Im looking at leveling up crafting, but were should I start. I wanna end up getting willows path set and stuff for my Templar, but should i deconstruct purples for best mats?
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    Improvement materials can be acquired via a few methods. Invest points in the expertise to get more materials from refinement as well as points into hirelings for the craft. Do writs daily and when you are ready to create and improve items, invest points into the passive for improving armour using less materials. There is more to crafting and remember to deconstruct as it levels your skill faster than creating or doing writs.
    Also, all those trash items that have no value and result in no materials or inspiration from deconstruction, improve them to green for full value.
    Edited by RandalMarrs on August 5, 2016 2:09PM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get gold mats by:
    - Doing daily crafting writs
    - Deconstructing gold items (not guaranteed to get a gold mat)
    - Refining raw materials (Raw leather, ore...). You'll get 1 gold mat per material stack (200) on average.
    - Buying from other players. Prepare your $$$ tho.
    - Hirelings (very low chance however)

Do note that since it takes no less than 8 upgrade mat per piece, you really need to be certain of what you are upgrading. Having gold gear before reaching max level is mostly useless, as it'll have the same performance as a purple one 2 levels higher (approximately).

If you really have gold mats to spare, the priority is to upgrade your weapon, as the difference between a purple & gold weapon is much more significant than a purple & gold armor.

You are not required to craft gold gear to reach level 50 in any crafting skill line. Best way to level a crafting skill line (Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Enchanting & Clothing) is to find someone willing to craft gear that you'll deconstruct, to get as much Inspiration (crafting experience) as possible.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    watts320 wrote: »
    Im looking at leveling up crafting, but were should I start. I wanna end up getting willows path set and stuff for my Templar, but should i deconstruct purples for best mats?

Deconning Mob Loot is the best way to level crafting. Don't deal with trading between players, that no longer gives the most Inspiration. It was changed a long time ago.

The other thing you need to do is Trait Research, there are several threads in the Crafting section about how to go about researching traits. But, if your at L50 in crafting and know no traits, then you can't make anything useful anyway.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"