Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam NB DPS

PlagueMonk
PlagueMonk
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought I was doing ok with my current set-up until I can actually get the end gear I'm looking for (like M.Daggers, Viper, VO) but I just watched a video of a Stam DK and Stam Sorc BOTH doing between 40-50k sustained single boss damage to the vSO Mantikora and read how magicka are complaining they can only hit 40k.....holy muther how do people do so much ****** damage? I can get 50-60k group damage but single boss I'm lucky to hit 20k and that is pulling out all the stops with potions, rotations, light weaving, etc.....What in THE hell am I doing wrong (or what are others doing right?). I gotta say this is the type of crap that wants to make me throw in the towel.

As for stats/ gear etc.....

I have about 32k stam, 20k health and 16k magicka

I'm wearing 5 piece Hund, 4 piece Mork (3 when I switch to bow), 3 robust stam jewelry. Gear - jewelry is all gold, gold enchants (running the older 3 inf meta since I have had this gear for a while)

Abilities:

Killers Blade - Rearm Trap - Steel Tornado - Surprise Attack - Razor Caltrops - Flawless DB
Poison Inject - Endless Hail - Siphon - Relentless Focus - VIgor - Shooting Star

Yes, I know I could probably re-gear to increase DPS by prob 5-10% maybe but these people are literally doing 100% more damage than I am doing which seems well beyond gear, abilities and race. (about 7-10k of that comes from M daggers (which i do not have atm)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The people you see in videos pulling 40k-50k have full buffs from their entire trials team, do you?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    The people you see in videos pulling 40k-50k have full buffs from their entire trials team, do you?

Hummmm, well in 4 person dungeons obviously not but I would like to think when I have run nSO yes.......but probably not "fully" (as in carefully planned buff organization/rotation) since nSO is pretty autopilot. But could this really account for......lets go ahead and say I had M. daggers putting me at maybe 25-28k......20k+ more single target sustain?

Again I am having a hard time believing how they pull those numbers but they are.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Hummmm, well in 4 person dungeons obviously not but I would like to think when I have run nSO yes.......but probably not "fully" (as in carefully planned buff organization/rotation) since nSO is pretty autopilot. But could this really account for......lets go ahead and say I had M. daggers putting me at maybe 25-28k......20k+ more single target sustain?

Again I am having a hard time believing how they pull those numbers but they are.

I'm not a great min-maxer, I'm more like you where if I can hit 20k-25k I'm patting myself on the back. The team I run trials with is pretty laid back, so we're not running perfectly timed rotations we're mostly just trying to not die. Maybe one of the more hardcore PvE folks can be more specific, but think of all the buffs you could be getting from a disciplined and well-geared team. Someone keeps warhorn up, the healer keeps proccing spell power cure, people in your group are wearing the set that gives everyone more resources, the dps is wearing a set that increases damage to bosses, etc. Stack up all that stuff along with the more traditional buffs and you get these crazy high DPS numbers.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion