Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to game, need help picking out a class

Locqlynn
Locqlynn
Hello, just as the title says I need help finding a class for me.

I hate to say but most of my answers to explain my favorite class or going to be generic. I enjoy a some what flashy class, I either like burst dps or some really high dps attacks. Not one for really stealth attacks. I do enjoy range, but sometimes its nice to smash something in the face. Armor class does not matter to me. So what does this sound like to you?

Thank you for looking at this and giving me your time to help a fellow gamer.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are the easiest class to learn the game with. Your main attack will heal you, and you can always find a group for dungeons. This does not mean your a healer, its just as role you can take on easily with a Templar just using Class Skills.

I would ultimately recommend having one of each class to play. Balance changes can make one class really fun this month, but next month it is not. Not that classes become unplayable with balance changes, you just may want to take advantage of changes as they occur.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Locqlynn
    Locqlynn
    I am a one character only kind of person, not a fan of alts
  • Locqlynn
    Locqlynn
    also FOTM classes don't bother me with patches, it always happens, just looking for something that I'd enjoy playing
  • Locqlynn
    Locqlynn
    also does race matter much?
  • Locqlynn
    Locqlynn
    any have any ideas?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locqlynn wrote: »
    also does race matter much?

There are some races that are better suited to Stamina, and some that are better suited to Magic. So, the first thing decide is do you want Stamina or Magic? I prefer Magic for a Templar for myself. So, in that case, you want Altmer (High Elf) or Breton or if your going to go Healer, then Argonian might be the way to go with the recent changes.

My Altmer Magic Templar is a character that never dies unless I do something really stupid, and was the first character I could solo all world bosses with in the legacy content.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you might like playing a Magicka Sorcerer, flashy and bursty just like you wanted.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably go Templar its a very versatile class that if specd right can play any role without a problem definitely a great class for someone that only plays one character.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One reason you're getting so few answers is that classes don't really work in ESO the way they work in most games. All a class is is a couple skill lines... things like armor, weapons, guild abilities, etc., you can customize to taste without class being a factor.

All four classes can be built in the way you describe (though if you're not really a stealther, a Nightblade may not be it).

Go do some research. Find a wiki that goes over class abilities (like this one: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes ) and see which sounds most fun. And while you're there, look up the racial passives too.

Worst that can happen is you pick a class and it doesn't work for you. It's not hard to restart.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on August 4, 2016 6:20PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Locqlynn
    Locqlynn
    thank you, and to everyone for your advice, right now I'm looking into 2 different builds the Magicka Sorcerer, and the stam sorcerer, they are not the classes like normal games lol.. Its crazy, its like use a bow for so long, then go dw, and not really use magic...

I'm just the type of player that likes to research a bit before I pick a class, however it seems I'm just going to have to kinda go with a guide it seems. Thank you very much though!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go Sorcerer there great for PVE but if you ever wanna PVP your going to have a bad time Stam Sorc isn't bad but still needs more love compared to other stam classes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RebornV3x not sure I'm seeing that. Stam sorcs are just fine in PvP now. They have an ultimate now in dawnbreaker, a huge stamina increase with bound armor, super fast speed, solid passives, resource management with dark deal, and a third bar with overload. Plus all the normal stamina kit (shuffle, poison injection, 2H skills, vigor, etc). What else do you think stam sorcs need?
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on August 4, 2016 8:21PM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nice thing about Sorcerer ( in my option ) for PVE is you have a built in tank ( Unstable Familiar ). That does help a lot.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.