The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sanctum Ophidia - Level 45 scaling loot question

bryanhaas
bryanhaas
✭✭✭✭
I would like someone from ZOS to respond:

Is running Sanctum with a level 45 as intended or is this considered an exploit? Also is this going to be patched or left like it is?

I just want some clarification one way or the other, if you intend to ban people doing the whole level 45 thing then maybe you should let us know it is not allowed.

So just trying to get some clarification that is not in the form of a ban.

Got my answer but did modify the title to be more descriptive.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.
Edited by bryanhaas on August 3, 2016 5:58PM
PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Its just like how you can scale non-vet dungeons.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How can they ban you for it? It can't be justified. You are just playing the game scaled..the intention of it is clear but they shouldn't ban people for it. Maybe it's fixed on pc now although wasn't in patch notes this week.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a massive long thread about this some time back that ZoS was following but refused to clarify anything about it being an exploit even when asked as you just have. Which ultimately has to mean it is working as intended. Happy farming.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoL on lvl 45 anyone? :lol:

PS: Its probably the only one where your group would wipe if they didn't know the mechanics. Imagine that. 12 max level players wiping to level 45 twins... I think this could be a bestseller story !
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PS: Its probably the only one where your group would wipe if they didn't know the mechanics. Imagine that. 12 max level players wiping to level 45 twins... I think this could be a bestseller story !

I actually tanked a nSO run where everyone except me (was tank) and a DD guildie died... scaled to 49. On Troll fight.

That's what you get for running 13k health, spam RR/Mutagen as a healer, and hug each with lightning + poison while not blocking any AoE. I was absolutely speechless after this fight. I mean, even scaled to 49, nSO is doable with 1 vet and 1 lowbie, even Ozara...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    Its just like how you can scale non-vet dungeons.

Yes but running say a pledge at level 10 will drop level 10 weapons (except from the chest) but the drops from SO are CP160 so that was why I had my question.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maw of Lorkhaj is pointless if you're trying to downscale it because only the lootable bosses drop CP 160. The entire trial has THREE chests and TWO directly lootable bosses, which means you're getting 2 CP 160 items and 3 CP whatever-you-scaled-the-trial-down-to items.

Not worth the time.
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

Is running Sanctum with a level 45 as intended or is this considered an exploit? Also is this going to be patched or left like it is?

I just want some clarification one way or the other, if you intend to ban people doing the whole level 45 thing then maybe you should let us know it is not allowed.

It was like this on the PTS

It has survived a few patch updates

It works as intended, or ZOS really are [snip] at it.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 21, 2018 7:30PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    There was a massive long thread about this some time back that ZoS was following but refused to clarify anything about it being an exploit even when asked as you just have. Which ultimately has to mean it is working as intended. Happy farming.

Yeah must be then. So at some point then the price will drop but if they were going to patch it then the drops should be held on to until the patch and sold after for more profit. Ah well maybe I'll keep a few and sell the rest.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clarkieson wrote: »

Well then may they continue to be [snip] at this end of it. Lol.

If they decide to hand out bans I am just going to reference this post and say I asked and you said nothing. How can you ban when we asked directly if this was allowed and you said nothing. Probably like you all are saying and working as intended.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 21, 2018 7:29PM

• mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how much this has been discussed with no comment by zos as to exploit or not I highly doubt any bans will occur because of this. It very well could be changed in a patch to scale loot to instance level, but considering the frequency of runs done like this I'm reasonably sure 1/2 the endgame community would be banned, not a good business move considering the lack of comments regarding zos stance.
    Asmael wrote: »

I actually tanked a nSO run where everyone except me (was tank) and a DD guildie died... scaled to 49. On Troll fight.

That's what you get for running 13k health, spam RR/Mutagen as a healer, and hug each with lightning + poison while not blocking any AoE. I was absolutely speechless after this fight. I mean, even scaled to 49, nSO is doable with 1 vet and 1 lowbie, even Ozara...

This made me laugh and cry!
    The few cheese SO farm runs I did were done with 4 to 6 people and I don't think one of them actually had an actual tank or healer.
    In fact I think the few times anyone died a few would stop what they were doing even in a boss fight, to teabag the dead... (Note: this wasn't a pug but people who often play together the teabagging going on was not the same as in pvp was done more as a joke and not poor sportsmanship.)

• VinyParsley2016
    VinyParsley2016
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't have time to patch Sanctum Ophidia. They must fix the endless lagging, DC, Wrothgar trap first. They must...
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clarkieson wrote: »

Well then may they continue to be [snip] at this end of it. Lol.

If they decide to hand out bans I am just going to reference this post and say I asked and you said nothing. How can you ban when we asked directly if this was allowed and you said nothing. Probably like you all are saying and working as intended.

Asked it about 3 weeks ago, still no answer...
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 21, 2018 7:30PM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scaling a trial for all levels is a feature.

when Zenimax made the dropped level of loot at max level, they did not bother scaling it for levels below CP10, probably to save 2 hours in the office.
    so the trial at levels below CP10 simply gave the max level loot.
    its not players fault, its the developer's slacking. and this is probably the only one who doesn't give cancer
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    In fact I think the few times anyone died a few would stop what they were doing even in a boss fight, to teabag the dead...

As they should. As they should. :smile:

• ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    As you may have noticed we have decided to close this thread.

Discussion of cheats and exploits are typically against our community guidelines.

Currently we have an official thread for the discussion of various in game exploits.

Please use this channel to continue your conversations regarding the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.