The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Activity finder still broken! Why?

Tvex
Tvex
The dungeon finder still breaks and I don't understand why.

Friday July 29, 9pm, I queue as healer dps for random normal dungeon. I get a group in less than thirty seconds.

Saturday July 30, 2pm, I queue as healer dps for random normal dungeon. I get a group in 2 minutes.

Saturday July 30, 9pm, I queue as healer dps for random normal dungeon and I get the infinite queue. After 30 minutes, still nothing. I give up and log off.

Anyone else experience random inconsistencies for activity finder? Does Zeno acknowledge it's still flakey?

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 hours of queuing my wife and I gave up and decided to try Neverwinter... Its not bad ;)
  • Tvex
    Tvex
    Right on, I'll check it out. Hey zeni if you're reading this, two players are now exploring other games, because, while your product used to be great, after 6 weeks of going on faith that the best part of eso would be fixed (grouping) we have lost patience and confidence. When i first picked up eso prior to DB it was really fun because it worked!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add my wife and I queued every night for about 10 days or so whilst we skyshard hunted on our characters we play together... about 1 or 2 hours a time - and we haven't done a dungeon together now in all that time. It's broken. UTTERLY BROKEN!! And goes without acknowledgment from ZoS. But hey, that's okay... we have new costumes and pets in the crown store!! YAY... & #sarcasm
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have successfully used group finder once since the changes came out in DB. Can't wait for the two new dungeons to come to console so I can queue for those and not get to see what they are like.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Omnompork
    Omnompork
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah its appears for me 4am-4pm EST I can queue and find a group almost instantly, but 4pm-4am it takes hours. Super convenient, cuz y'know, its not like the average person is asleep or working during those hours.

Last night I was in queue for over 3 hours before finding a group, only for it to get interrupted by maintenance.... Which also appears to have done nothing to solve this problem that has been going on for weeks, if not months.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 hours an acceptable queue time and get no dungeon??
  • onlinegamesb16_ESO
    onlinegamesb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'd like to vent some steam regarding that topic.

First off: I (still) enjoy this game very much and I specifically appreciate the fact that this is an MMO that has been released on consoles and is actually doing great.

However, I am MASSIVELY disappointed and discouraged due to the fact that the activity finder is simply not working as it should be!
    Moreover it is extremely disappointing that this problem now exists for more than months! I am a father of two and hardly find any time to throw myself into the world of ESO and if I do I often simply want to do some dungeons.
    At the moment, however, it normally looks that way that I start the activity finder and it either does not find a group within hours (in which case I think the activity finder is simply offline) or it assembles groups that are totally broken. raid-groups of 5 or more players for a 4 man dungeon. The guy with the crown, that should be the group-leader, is actually not the group-leader. Instead someone else is the group-leader but does not have the crown. Only the 4 fastest players can join the dungeon. The rest has to stay outside (max 4 players) and leave the group AND will EVEN BE PUNISHED for 15 minutes and cannot start the activity finder for that time-period. Unacceptable!
    I sometimes have an existing group of 3 players (close friends) and we'd like to do a dungeon together. So we start the activity-finder and IF it assembles a group it sometimes kicks out one of my friends. What the heck???? So we all have to leave the group, restart the process but, of course, only after having to wait for 15 minutes!

This is extremely frustrating and the worst part is, that we all (or at least some) are paying our real money in one way or another. I for one am ESO Plus member and I really like to stay one since I also like to support the whole game but I have to admit that I am really not willing to pay further when those important standard things are not working. At least have the decency and tell us what the problem is, if you are working on it and when it most likely will be fixed. This would give us paying customers a better feeling.
    And like other people already mentioned: It is really not looking good in ANY way when you keep announcing new DLCs and keep on adding new riding pets and other crap we have to pay for when the things that are already in the game are TOTALLY BROKEN! Please reconsider!

Thank you for your understanding.

Greets
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've been using the group finder in Nerverwinter all week and it is almost instant, most I have waited for a group is about 20 seconds.

Dunno why Zenimax still can't fix bugs that have been in this game since launch
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    longest I've had to wait in last week is 30 mins. I do play late around 11.00pm had no probs.
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    Rittings wrote: »
    3 hours an acceptable queue time and get no dungeon??

Wow bad luck pal :'(