Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

clothing and heavy armor writs?

CombatPrayer
CombatPrayer
✭✭✭✭
I can swear I remember doing these and it being 2 void items and 1 ancestor or rubedite. Now it's all top rube and ancestor. Is this broken, is my memory wrong or did they change it?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just changed on Monday. Now the Tier 10 writs only require Tier 10 Mats.

Surveys still give a mix of Tier 9 and Tier 10, and this is supposed to be fixed in an incremental patch in the near future.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the rewards come even close to the mats wasted on them? I hadn't done any before because I was saving my rubedite. Seems like this is geared toward long term players who have a lot of mats to waste.
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    No, they don't. I've just about decided I won't do any but the woodworking ones because I have lots of it. I definitely NOT doing a clothing writ that takes leather. That stuff is just too painful to farm to lose a bunch for a writ.

I also seem to have horrible luck for getting surveys recently, so that doesn't encourage me to "waste" any more resources on writs.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I feel like the armor writs chew up too many mats. I never did them as I was leveling the skill because it seemed a waste to me to waste more than 20 ingots usually, and I doubted I would get that back. The thing about these type of writs is that at some point with the provisions and alchemy you can sink points into getting more out of your mats. So you can hang onto what you make or use it give it away if it's extra. But that's not the case. Plus they want far more than the other writs. 2 this, 2 that and one other thing. That's a lot of mats. Today I thought okay, well maybe the reward is worth it now that it's 2 void and 1 rubedite since void is easy to gather for me now. Then then change it. Frankly for what rubedite goes for, they could never match it reward wise, and clearly they are not even remotely aware any prices within their system or they'd realize it's actually not logical to ask for that many of anything rubedite. Even just one item that is rubedite takes around 10 ingots.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on August 4, 2016 6:04AM