Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Maelstrom Arena help

bakeandjake
What's up all, for those who care to help, I need assistance in vma. Currently my build is set up for PVP in the image attached is my destro bar buffed up, I'm currently running 5 x julianos 3 Magnus and 3 will power, on destro bar I'm running 1. C-frag 2. Endless fury (love having a ranged finisher that restores magic on front bar) 3. Harder ward 4. Crushing shock 5. Curse (sometimes pulsar) ulti. Metro or Overload on my back bar (resto) I got 1. Liquid lighting (streak in pvp) 2. Lighting form 3. Healing ward 4. Surge 5. Harness magic ulti. Bats
I'm in the 5th stage and have problems with survival, I'm dealing stupid amounts of damage but feel like if anyone even so much as sneezes on me, I'm dead. This build dominates in pvp but in maelstrom it feels like I'm just shield spamming and only getting to use 1 or 2 offensive skills and then I'm out of magic which means dead, I'm on seths balcony or whatever is called and any help would be great, I have 303CP and am using 5/1/1 (even tho I haven't unlocked undaunted passive) so yeah, any advice on gear or skills I should be using for the arena? Any help is greatly appreciated !

w3j1i1ug74me.jpg
  • bakeandjake
    My boundless storm just wore off when I took the pic it's like 13k physical resist and about 15 spell
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do u not have food on?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • bakeandjake
    do u not have food on?

Yeah I got tri-stat food
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Heavy attacks. If you have resource problems, slot Elemental Drain.

Cast it on enemies that take more than a few Crushing Shocks to kill. Weave in light attacks. You will gain Magicka faster from regen+Elemental Drain than you can waste while casting light attacks and Crushing Shock.

Try that out and good luck! :)
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players usually hit a wall on stage 5-7. Mine was stage 5. Your health is a little low, I might try replacing one of your armor enchants with a health enchant. Otherwise your stats look fine. Are you wiping on the boss or the early rounds in stage 5? Stage 5 I found its easy to get overwhelmed if you don't burn the right adds quickly. Archers, spell casters, and those water things need to be bursted quick.

For the stage 5 boss, she spawns adds at certain health points. When you see adds, stop DPSing the boss and kill the adds. She also breaks platforms at certain health points. I planned it so that I ended up on the platform with the damage sigil, then grabbed it after she broke the second platform and bursted her down.
  • jeo329
    jeo329
    ✭✭
    Hi noticed you have a lower crit than some other may I suggest getting that higher and also while being powerful bat swarm and meteor do consume all ultimate where as you can save up with overload and nuke some adds very quickly to even the odds also how have you spent your champion points and you should be trying to get undaunted passive as 33k magika is a littlle low and the passives can easily find another 2k I have completed VMA on a 501 Argonian sorc and I still get 35k max magika and 38k with bound aegis also you say u use pulsar may I suggest inner light for crit and 5% max magika also swap healing ward for deadric minefield and try to kite melee adds though them and combine with liquid lighting for some great damage also try to use sigils if ur getting rekt by ranged attacks as the defensive with reflect all projectiles other than that all I can suggest is to watch some videos and read some better explained guides
  • bakeandjake
    jeo329 wrote: »
    Hi noticed you have a lower crit than some other may I suggest getting that higher and also while being powerful bat swarm and meteor do consume all ultimate where as you can save up with overload and nuke some adds very quickly to even the odds also how have you spent your champion points and you should be trying to get undaunted passive as 33k magika is a littlle low and the passives can easily find another 2k I have completed VMA on a 501 Argonian sorc and I still get 35k max magika and 38k with bound aegis also you say u use pulsar may I suggest inner light for crit and 5% max magika also swap healing ward for deadric minefield and try to kite melee adds though them and combine with liquid lighting for some great damage also try to use sigils if ur getting rekt by ranged attacks as the defensive with reflect all projectiles other than that all I can suggest is to watch some videos and read some better explained guides

Applying inner light now put my magicka up to 35k and 48.1 spell crit in cp points, I have 94 in elemental 1 blessed 3 elfbron 1 erosion in green tree I have 10 in tumbling 78 in recovery 12 in reduction red is 89 in baiston rest split between hardy and elemental defender. I'm trying to get it now just the times I play aren't very steady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need more AOE DOTs. Get rid of pulsar/curse and grab Wall of Elements.

Also, no need to have so many shields slotted. Keep Hardened Ward and abandon Harness Magicka and Healing Ward.

And also, on final boss for round 5, it isn't a DPS race, so keep it slow until about 25% when you have to burn her.

Plus, it's fine to take breaks, so you don't get frustrated while learning it.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar