Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Black Sacrament requiring killing with poison

CometStrike
CometStrike
✭✭
I've recently gotten the Dark Brotherhood DLC and twice I've now had a Black sacrament quest where one of the optional steps was to kill the target using poison. The first time I just used the Blade of Woe and did not fulfil the optional step, obviously. The second time I equipped a poison to my main weapon and attacked the target with it. I managed to kill him and got credit for the kill using poison. However, I got upped in the alert status and a bounty for being found trespassing.
Is there a way to fulfil the poison requirement without being detected/getting a bounty?
PC/EU (AD)

Best Answers

• jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually yes but its almost impossible.

1.Equip poison.
    2.Find target.
    3.Buff yourself
    4.Kill him with ONE weapon attack to avoid bounty
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
    Answer ✓
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, equip it on your active bar then use the Blade of Woe. The game doesn't tell you this at all unfortunately
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
    Answer ✓
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you equip a poison on your active bar before using the Blade of Woe? That's how I do it and I always fulfill the poison requirement
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »
    Did you equip a poison on your active bar before using the Blade of Woe? That's how I do it and I always fulfill the poison requirement

So what you are saying is that i have to equip a poison (on the active bar), but i do not have to use it, but can use the Blade of Woe instead and it registers for the optional step? If that works, it would be nice to be told somehow ingame, but at least it solves the problem. Thanks!
    PC/EU (AD)