The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I think he dc'd

a1i3nz
a1i3nz
✭✭✭✭
If I had a crown for every time I heard that.

Hey ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_TristanK , will we ever get an official statement about why console performance is so horrible? Or about an ETA in fixing it COMPLETELY. After 2 years. Nothing.

I've tried staying positive about the game because I think it is actually the best MMO available, but honestly this has gotten to a point where it's borderline unplayable on console. Even PVE is a lag fest now. I go to unpopulated zones for some questing and spend 10 minutes fighting load bosses.

So maybe stop making bad costumes, bad mounts, mediocre dlc, and actually fix what's broken or at least admit if the console hardware is to blame (if you legally can). Because there is currently no light at the end of the tunnel and I really really wish there was.

I've put over 2000 hours on, and paid over $150 in sub fees so if anyone wants to bash me for ranting I really don't care. I needed to.

Thx :)
Edited by a1i3nz on July 29, 2016 11:39PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like an icon to appear over the player as they're still online the network but not on the game server.

Prob asking more than a simple request tho cause ZOS doesn't play well with others.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till One Tamriel comes out when the PvP lag is added into PvE

Rawlka will be a nightmare to shop around
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait till One Tamriel comes out when the PvP lag is added into PvE

Rawlka will be a nightmare to shop around

Oh lawd..
    #WaitingForCU
  • YeOldeGamer
    YeOldeGamer
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel too. I really do like this game. I would LOVE to keep playing. Unfortunately the terrible performance issues since TG & DB have already driven off ALL my friends. I am finding it increasingly hard to justify my sub. I will very likley be moving on if no changes in performance come with the next patch. At least acknowledge there is a problem and outline your solution. State of the game on console is pathetic considering ZOS seems to be making money hand over fist.
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    i actually switched back to pc just for this reason not to long ago
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    I warn people that im probably going to disconnect whenever I go to southern highrock

everyone dc's at southern highrock, its a *** joke I dont even bother with bounties anymore because of it.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have ports set up and mapped to the device specifically, not to the IP you will likely have disconnects, especially with raiding.

Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like an icon to appear over the player as they're still online the network but not on the game server.

Prob asking more than a simple request tho cause ZOS doesn't play well with others.

@NewBlacksmurf
    Bruh, that would actually be a really solid idea. And would help players on consoles tremendously on figuring out what happened with the player in question. Take this +1, comrade.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    If you don't have ports set up and mapped to the device specifically, not to the IP you will likely have disconnects, especially with raiding.

That's not the issue tho. On console many of us have the ports set correctly.
    I kept d/c yesterday cause two of my characters that I log into start having Audi crackling sounds when I choose them from the load screen. Regardless of where they are located in the game it's a matter of time as once selected the game starts to stutter and crackling sounds occur breaking up the audio track. Then the game crashes.

If I play on the two new characters I created, it's not an issue.
    Sorry but this is seemingly more of a ZOS issue and not user based.

Hell, I'm not even in either of the maps where others are crashing often and I get this since DB launched.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kept d/c yesterday cause two of my characters that I log into start having Audi crackling sounds when I choose them from the load screen. Regardless of where they are located in the game it's a matter of time as once selected the game starts to stutter and crackling sounds occur breaking up the audio track. Then the game crashes.

Hell, I'm not even in either of the maps where others are crashing often and I get this since DB launched.

You have your console in your list of devices in your router named, then your ports set to the device name and mac address, not to the IP? This is the only way to assure that your settings will always be set to your console. If you sent the ports to IP instead, the router might not assign that IP to your console every time you turn it on. People who have intermittent issues, this could be why. Mapped to the device name and mac address assures the settings will follow the device. Its what I do and I don't have connection issues on Xbox.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have your console in your list of devices in your router named, then your ports set to the device name and mac address, not to the IP? This is the only way to assure that your settings will always be set to your console. If you sent the ports to IP instead, the router might not assign that IP to your console every time you turn it on. People who have intermittent issues, this could be why. Mapped to the device name and mac address assures the settings will follow the device. Its what I do and I don't have connection issues on Xbox.

Most of the issues have nothing to do with the connection. It is the game itself crashing. Not to mention the game ran just fine up until the last 2 dlc.

Although for me it has mainly just been a problem since dark brotherhood. And zos has semi acknowledged part of the problems in automated response support tickets people have filed. This is not a network issue, but it is a zos issue. The game just keeps getting worse after each dlc.
    They had said a fix was coming and a patch came but it fixed absolutely nothing and they have been silent on the matter since then.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE is bad at the minute with all the loading screens and late loading or nps etc. You can't even change weps for about 10 seconds after zoning in. PVP is a dream in comparison, except on Thornblade as its too busy and laggy.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    PVE is bad at the minute with all the loading screens and late loading or nps etc. You can't even change weps for about 10 seconds after zoning in. PVP is a dream in comparison, except on Thornblade as its too busy and laggy.

At least I sorta expect that in PVP during prime time. Now its like that around the clock in PVE, even late at night. I thought I'd use this time to finish all the quests, boy was I wrong. PVP is a dream in comparison!