Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback Regarding One Tamriel and DLC's

dodgehopper_ESO
dodgehopper_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm happy with what One Tamriel is trying to do but it also brings up some problems with DLC sales that I want to point out in feedback. Some of us have European or American friends we play with on the alternate servers. I've got friends I've played with for a decade that live in Europe. When this game came out I naturally made characters for both servers so that I could enjoy teaming with longstanding friends who would play this game (this is the only reason why I made a couple characters in alternate factions on the US server). When DLC's first came out, a couple of my friends and I bought the DLC packages. My point of view was that it supported the game for efforts that I personally felt were important, and should I find myself not playing as much due to real life I might still possess access to some of these fun regions. There was an added bonus of having a Camel or Bear or other silly pet/mount/costume that came with the package. The point I'm making here is that we were all surprised when we discovered that none of these DLC purchases appeared on the European server. Now that they are selling a package of DLC's with a new packaged version of the game at essentially a discounted price from the crown store, it seems odd to me. Why would anyone buy those DLC apart from Tamriel One (apart from ignorance) and why can't they port our ownership of DLC across the two servers? There is no reason for this apart from greed, but to be honest I'm not particularly interested to pay 60 USD per DLC. I get it you want to sell, but its simply promoting a wait and buy strategy particularly on the part of subscribers. I really think they should reconsider how they handle these purchases, as they are function unlocks and not simply costume unlocks.
US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
<And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly someone else feels the same. I know because I've heard the complaints since IC came out on multiple Ventrilo/teamspeak channels.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about One Tamriel or the ESO Gold edition?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

Gold Edition. My error.
    <And plenty more>
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Gold Edition. My error.

No worries! :smile: I do agree though. DLC should be on both servers if you buy them. ESO+ is, so why not purchased items? ZOS did say somewhere that they were hoping to get a bundle of DLC out for those of us who already own the game. It doesn't really change much though :/
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Gold Edition. My error.

No worries! :smile: I do agree though. DLC should be on both servers if you buy them. ESO+ is, so why not purchased items? ZOS did say somewhere that they were hoping to get a bundle of DLC out for those of us who already own the game. It doesn't really change much though :/

I'd like to see them at least put these kinds of bundles in a cross-server fashion. Many other players agree with me on this although I guess there are probably not very many players who actually play on US & EU servers. It was not an ideal choice for me, but it is at least worth it so I have the option to team up with friends. There is of course the added benefit of meeting people halfway around the world like this.
    <And plenty more>
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That awkward moment when you live in an expensive country, had to pay around 76 dollars for this game, WITHOUT the imperial edition, WITHOUT any dlc, just so that they release it for $59.99 including everything...

Another awkward moment is realizing that I have to buy my costumes again if I want to play on a different server ;___;... I know they do this to incentivize people buying more character slots instead of just changing server but still...
    Edited by CherryCake on August 2, 2016 1:27AM
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That awkward moment when you live in an expensive country, had to pay around 76 dollars for this game, WITHOUT the imperial edition, WITHOUT any dlc, just so that they release it for $59.99 including everything...

Well the irony here is that all of the DLC (excluding the new Hist one) add up to something like 10,000 crowns. I understand why there is no crossover between PS4, XBOX and PC Crowns purchases, particularly DLC. I don't understand it when its PC-to-PC.

Before anyone here complains 'first world problems' and all of that, I'm just going to go out of my way and say 'you're right'. At any regard as a consumer it feels particularly wrong to not carry these purchases over, and as a subscriber as I've stated before it chills my interest in purchasing DLC's in the future. Why should I buy dlc 'now' when I can simply wait 6 months to a year and get it all for 1/3 to 1/4 the price, and still have all the same content enjoyment?
    <And plenty more>