The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Update - Level/Area scaling

KingMagaw
KingMagaw
✭✭✭✭✭
My friend and i were discussing this earlier and he said he read that like Cadwells silver and Gold areas will scale to your level now, same as Craglorn.

Is this true?. As in Craglorn spawn vr14/CP140 mobs atm, new update this will change to CP160 as i am CP160 to scale?,

Many thanks for your input
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i think so. Also, i think you can them in any order now. No need to finish silver before gold etc. About to hit level 50 so i guess ill find out soon for certain
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn's a little bit of an open question, with Tam1. Right now it's restricted to Vet characters only. I have no idea if the zone will still have that restriction once we're all battle leveled everywhere.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    Yes, i think so. Also, i think you can them in any order now. No need to finish silver before gold etc. About to hit level 50 so i guess ill find out soon for certain

Yeah, you can hit the gold zones without finishing silver now. Also, because of how CR works, you're not really locked into a specific order by your level, so you can just derp around however you want, though the stories do get a bit weird when you run them out of sequence.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling#Experience

Does the exp reward we get from Standard Quests are the same from quest on Caldwell Silver and quest on Caldwell Gold?

For example im Aldmeri dominion, does the exp quest reward from Standard quest on Glenumbra (Gold) give same exp on Standard quest on Stonefalls (Silver)

I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically im asking -

Will the old areas we have in game, that are the Silver/Gold Cadwells, scale to our level that we are or will the areas level of mobs and reward loot and harvesting plants still be on a lower scale?

Orsinium/Hews Bane etc all scale to your char level and the loot and plants also scale to your level. Will alla reas be like this after Tamriel 1 update?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Orsinium/Hews Bane etc all scale to your char level and the loot and plants also scale to your level. Will alla reas be like this after Tamriel 1 update?

To be clear, in Orsinium, Hew's Bane and the Gold Coast:
    • You are scaled up to the level of the zone.
    • Loot and drops scale to your level.
    • Crafting nodes scale to your level half the time, your crafting rank the other half.
    We don't have much specific information about One Tamriel yet, but the stated idea is that every zone in the game will work the same way, that presumably includes Craglorn.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that is the information i was looking towards. It is off putting for me to actually do everything involved in craglorn because the loot is always going to be junk and not at my level, same as nodes its all materials i dont use. My time is always spent better somewhere else.

But if they treated all areas like they treat DLC, it would open up a lot of these areas for me to play.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Can you provide any insight on your thinking on this towards One Tamriel please?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ref wrote: »
    Question, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling#Experience

Does the exp reward we get from Standard Quests are the same from quest on Caldwell Silver and quest on Caldwell Gold?

For example im Aldmeri dominion, does the exp quest reward from Standard quest on Glenumbra (Gold) give same exp on Standard quest on Stonefalls (Silver)
    @Ref Yes. For a Standard quest in Silver, you will get 7485 XP, and for a Standard quest in Gold, you will also get 7485 XP, because all quests in these zones are Level 50.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp