The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How stable is Xbox One now? Still crashing in Orsinium?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't played ESE in over a month. (damn wasted a month when I could have been training my horse. :P) I finally figured out how to cancel my ESO+ subscription. Thing is I am getting that itch to play ESO again. Last I played I was in Orsinium but kept crashing ever 2 seconds to Xbox One desk top. After 2 days trying to get out, I was finally able to. I know I can just start up my game, and go back to see if it's stable, but I don't want to go through 2 days or more trying to get out again if I get stuck.

So I am asking here, did Zenimax finally fixed the crash to desk top when in a major city especially in Orsinium? I would like to come back and play and resubscribe again but if we just keep crashing all the time, whats the point of doing so. If so I will try it again, if not, will not bother resubscribing.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is still broken but the rest of the zones are fine.From what I can tell but their a load screen now after you port into a zone.You have to move slowly and wait for everything to render. Also sometimes in Dungeons the mobs are invisible.
  • TH3IRI5HR3B3L
    Dlc areas are still a bit dodgey got logged out about 5 times in hews bane today and i was just farming not doing any quests also lagged out when i went to the gold coast to hand in contracts.

I then went farming in non dlc areas for a couple of hours with zero issues.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Orsinium is still broken but the rest of the zones are fine.From what I can tell but their a load screen now after you port into a zone.You have to move slowly and wait for everything to render. Also sometimes in Dungeons the mobs are invisible.

I have these same problems, but the rendering time is much quicker if you limit how many quests you have open.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens to me on PC as well, when I login for the first time into a zone which is crowded - loading screen is just there for a short while, but when I start immediately to ride my mount at top speed, I have a few moments where the game is stuttering before it finally runs smoothly - but this is just in crowded areas this way. It is a loading issue, because while this is happening, a lot of players are just black schemes and some NPCs are not rendered yet and appear after a few seconds.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 11:18PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is horrible still
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't had many problems on Xbox, just the things that others have had. A couple of loading screens but that's about it. Hell even Cyrodiil is alright. The only thing I do in Orsinium is writs and vMSA farming and so far haven't crashed to dashboard a single time since a couple of weeks.

A thing that worked for one of my friends was to copy ESO to an external hard drive while still keeping it on the Xbox. Don't know what exacty he did, but he doesn't have any issues at all apparently, not even the disappearing mobs in dungeons or the black figures when you log on.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, if you get rid as many options as you can live without (subtitles, namplates, etc.) the game runs much much smoother.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing and loading and loading and crashing and loading...
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is still broken but the rest of the zones are fine.....
    .....From what I can tell but their a load screen now after you port into a zone.You have to move slowly and wait for everything to render. Also sometimes in Dungeons the mobs are invisible.

Doesn't sound fine to me....

Especially when you consider that there are a million more performance issues since Dark Brotherhood. All of them affect the game in a very bad way and no mention of fixes coming in Shadows of the Hist :/

It will get worse (slightly) next patch. Then we wait another ~ 3-4 months hoping the next major patch will fix performance issues.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 31, 2016 1:37AM
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xb but not crashing as crazy as before. Get out of Orsinium (however you can) and you should be okay. Let zos fix that wayshrine, but you should be fine otherwise.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had many problems on Xbox, just the things that others have had. A couple of loading screens but that's about it. Hell even Cyrodiil is alright. The only thing I do in Orsinium is writs and vMSA farming and so far haven't crashed to dashboard a single time since a couple of weeks.

A thing that worked for one of my friends was to copy ESO to an external hard drive while still keeping it on the Xbox. Don't know what exacty he did, but he doesn't have any issues at all apparently, not even the disappearing mobs in dungeons or the black figures when you log on.

I've done this and maybe unknowingly avoided many issues. I don't experience anywhere near the problems that a lot of people report.

Edit: I got myself a 5TB external for downloads. It's pretty much amazing.
    Edited by CJohnson81 on July 31, 2016 1:43AM
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!