The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IS it worth coming back?

Takhistis
Takhistis
✭✭✭
Yep it's that time again, some smart ass is wondering if its worth playing ESO when he's not sure if he'll even buy any DLC. Is the base game still worth it? When i left I had around 30?CP and was VR6. And how is the european community atm?
NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Scratch that, apparently my mac doesn't have enough hard drive space... with 51GB free. So hard to find a decent MMO that doesn't take over 40GB and can be played on Mac :(
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get on and play.

You can read other people's opinions but why not go have an experience and form your own.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came back to eso and don't regret at all. You should try if you feel the same.
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came back as well from hiatus :) me and my friends been a victim of invisible barrier created by the so called "3 Alliances", I'm very hyped for "Tamriel One"
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Well. can't even DL the game due to a lack of hard drive. so thats for answers anyways :smiley:
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you're coming back for. And I don't begrudge anyone as a "smart ass" for actually wanting to get opinions/advice in order to make an educated decision. Quite the opposite.

In terms of DLC, you don't have to buy any of them- it's completely optional. I do recommend, however, if you decide to sub that you use your crowns to "buy" the DLC and secure it on your account, considering the wishy-washyness of the Crown Store these days and the "cash-grab" style nature of exclusives/substandard products. Just remember, once you've secured the DLC- you can play as long as you like even if your sub lapses. (food for thought)

In terms of the EU community- I have no opinion as I play NA. Sorry, can't help you there.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it's free to come back I'd say it's reasonably priced .
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth a try. See what you think.

Having 60CP will be painful. However, the catch-up mechanic will level you up very fast.

My early advice is that you should save your money until you hit CP160. That is the new max level. From there, you can purchase max level gear. This is assuming you return to ESO of course.

You said you're on PC so I recommend it. I would not do the same for a returning console player. It'd be rude of me. The PC version is totally worth returning to! :)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get an external hardrive copy all your games to it. and unistall them from the main harddrive. this would give you room for all your games and more!
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go for it man :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you broke away you should probably invest time in something that is not coming apart at the seams. If I were to walk away I would only return once a year to sub and blow through DLC stories in a month.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you have fun zerging? Did you have fun spending hundreds of hours collecting materials and leveling? Did you have fun just waiting around to join a group? Was the combat really satisfying to you? If your answer is yes than definitely come on back.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get an external hardrive copy all your games to it. and unistall them from the main harddrive. this would give you room for all your games and more!

Yep, storage is pretty cheap.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They fix Malubeth Monday, get in here!
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a couple of posts that were not constructive. Please keep your posts civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've removed a couple of posts that were not constructive. Please keep your posts civil.

Yes it is :) I can't wait for Updates 12 and 13. Just subbed ESO Plus as well, man this Crafting Bag is so amazing now i can pilfer everything in my sight 219-.gif
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Durann
    Durann
    ✭✭
    I would come back to play for a day, but the 50 GB of patches are kind of hindering me. No need to download for nearly a full day just to see how it is. Read some posts about the performance and you might rethink going back :neutral:
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Get yourself one of these and shift stuff you don't use often to it.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, its worth it, but try it for a week and see for yourself!
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes the game i epic!!!!
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything here is opinion even my post, only you can tell if you think it is worth while, you own the game already does not cost you anything to try, it just depends on what your expectations of the game is, I still think it s a good game, there are a few things that frustrate me, like all games, but if you don't have the HD space that kinda makes it hard to try out.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    returned a few weeks back after a year out....loving it.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    So here's the question for ya'll techies out there: Would any of the linked or external hard drives work? Or any external hard drive at all? Remember I can only play from my MAC

Thanks in advance
    You've all been helpful and made it very tempting to get back. I really really loved my Bow/dual wield NB :)
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some will say yes. Some will say no.

It costs nothing to try it, so have a see for yourself! :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »

Of course you'd post on this thread just to say sometrhing in regards to moderating lol. Nothing ZOS has to input on the communities output on this thread huh?
    Master Debater
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takhistis wrote: »
    Well. can't even DL the game due to a lack of hard drive. so thats for answers anyways :smiley:

USB Hard Drive!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • slaweqkeb17_ESO
    Yep it's that time again, some smart ass is wondering if its worth playing ESO when he's not sure if he'll even buy any DLC. Is the base game still worth it? When i left I had around 30?CP and was VR6. And how is the european community atm?

You need to answer yourself why you stopped playing. I certainly can't recommend coming back if you stopped because of cyrodill performance and lags.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here's the question for ya'll techies out there: Would any of the linked or external hard drives work? Or any external hard drive at all? Remember I can only play from my MAC

Thanks in advance
    You've all been helpful and made it very tempting to get back. I really really loved my Bow/dual wield NB :)

I originally played on an external HD from my MacBook Air (the one with the Nvidia card, so it wasn't completely useless). Totally workable, expect zone loading times to be long but otherwise it's fine. A 1TB external drive is currently under $60 on Amazon.

You'll still have a ton to do if you're not at CP160 yet; all the Cadwell's Silver zones are higher level, and Gold are CP160. But after that, the base game only has group and PVP content.

If you're going to get one DLC, get Wrothgar, so you have a long solo quest, a bunch of delves with daily quests, 2 public dungeons, and Maelstrom Arena.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Jamie22
    Jamie22
    ✭✭
    In terms of the EU community well atleast on PC its pretty bad, Top players and dueling guilds at each other throats non stop arguing over dueling spots and who the best is.
    people are personally attacking the leader of probably the best trade guild on EU just because they are jealous.
    The game is great however at this time the community is not. It would be so fun for me atleast if everyone got along.
    PC EU
    Dank NightBlade Jamie - EP Imperial Stamina NB
    Dank DragonKnight - EP Imperial Stamina DK
    Dank Jabs - AD Redguard Stamina Templar
    Jamie Senpai - EP High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    The Warden of the North - DC Redguard Stamina Sorcerer
    The Warden of the South - DC High Elf Magicka DK
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's worth coming back if you love Elder Scrolls, I think that sums it all. Never played in the EU server but I always hear good things, players there are friendly and there is an excellency for competition.