The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Virus/Unreliable download for Mac?

Takhistis
Takhistis
✭✭✭
I just wanted to get back into ESO on my mac, and my mac said the patch file is from an unknown developer so can't be opened. Which is often because it contains malware or something alike. Can anyone tell me if thats true?
Edited by Takhistis on July 30, 2016 8:33PM
NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you have security software?

run a scan on the file.

btw.... the only thing i know about macs is i wear one when its raining.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Ususally Mac alone is enough as I don't rlly go to sites that require protecting software. Mac has the inbuilt system where ANY program that wants to make any changes to files, needs to be confirmed by the user with password.

But any mac users can confirm if it's safe?
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My MBP uses Avira Free - no issues at all.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had that issue on my mac.
    Though I know the "unknown developer" thingy which is more annoying and useless than helpful usually.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Takhistis wrote: »
    I just wanted to get back into ESO on my mac, and my mac said the patch file is from an unknown developer so can't be opened. Which is often because it contains malware or something alike. Can anyone tell me if thats true?

That is a message from the gatekeeper software built in to OS X. Its there to warn you that the program did not come from a known developer (to Apple that is)

Run it again and then just allow it to run from system prefs, security & privacy, "allow apps downloaded from" you will need to provide the admin password to do this.
    Edited by Slammer99uk on July 30, 2016 11:51PM