Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So when are they going to release crownstore showcase whats going to be in crownstore next month?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am curious about this I thought they were going to release that yesterday but they didn't
Edited by Thevampirenight on July 30, 2016 6:09PM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping they would have released it yesterday, so I could have seen what is coming and decide if I wanted to buy the stuff that is leaving or to save my crowns for the stuff that is coming next month.

Too bad :/
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    They usually do it on the 1st... So... Monday
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just gonna make a thread about this, you beat me to it.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psyonico wrote: »

No they don't.

The only times they have released it on the 1st of any month is May 2015 and July 2016.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

No they don't.

The only times they have released it on the 1st of any month is May 2015 and July 2016.

lol that is recent and concurrent, which means its gonna be released on the 1st of every month from now on.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't.

lol that is recent and concurrent, which means its gonna be released on the 1st of every month from now on.

Hm, I am not a native english speaker - to use "concurrent" in this context sounds weird to me, I think it should be "consistent", but maybe I am interpreting "at the same time" in a different way - concurrent means to me exactly at the same time (as in "in parallel"), not in a continued form like on the 1st of May and the 1st of July - some clarification on the proper use by a native english speaker would be appreciated.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 9:03PM
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will release the actual Breton Costume, instead of their late April Fools Joke.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that the next DLC is going to drop Monday...it wouldn't surprise me if they wait further into the month for more Crown Store costumes.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't wait for the Drom-a'thra costumes that were datamined a while back. Or the panda bear mount. Because you know... Pandas. My Orc has elves in Atlanta. Hitting the skooma in the bando. :trollface:
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who did not read the news section of the forum - Gina clarified the price of the "hair pack" with all the hairstyles from the basic game - it is 1000 crowns - this was missing in the last style parlor announcement from ZOS.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    Maybe they will release the actual Breton Costume, instead of their late April Fools Joke.

One would hope that they're taking some time as a "creative pause" in order to re-assess the current/past offerings and their "value".

Of course, I've pretty much given up hope personally that they'll just magically "come to their senses", it seems these days with companies complaints just get you the "silent treatment" and they keep on going business as usual until someone either serves them with a proper lawsuit or government intervenes. It's really sad that it takes all that to make it happen- but just look what happened to the banking industry and de-regulation.

All I have to say is if things continue to run their course, (because people are fed up with getting "bent over the table with no lube") it will only last for so long- unless things start to balance out, you'll have the extreme opposite side of the pendulum swinging back. By all means, keep ****** over your customers, if you wish to drive your business into the ground.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

No they don't.

Hm, I am not a native english speaker - to use "concurrent" in this context sounds weird to me, I think it should be "consistent", but maybe I am interpreting "at the same time" in a different way - concurrent means to me exactly at the same time (as in "in parallel"), not in a continued form like on the 1st of May and the 1st of July - some clarification on the proper use by a native english speaker would be appreciated.

Don't forget, hyper correction is a thing too. Concurrent just means what it means; happens at the same time. Consistent also means what it means; process in effect over a period of time. Just say what it means in full; "It is recent and happens at the same time" vs "It is recent and the process is in effect over a period of time" one kinda gets the point across and the other not so much.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't.

Don't forget, hyper correction is a thing too. Concurrent just means what it means; happens at the same time. Consistent also means what it means; process in effect over a period of time. Just say what it means in full; "It is recent and happens at the same time" vs "It is recent and the process is in effect over a period of time" one kinda gets the point across and the other not so much.

This was not against you, Brittany_Joy, I am just interested what is the proper word to use here - concurrent means to me at exactly the same time - as in parallel - while consistent would be more like it - but maybe there is a more proper word in english, which I do not know yet - that is why I wanted some clarification by a native english speaker, to enhance my english.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the last day of the month I was hoping they where going to show whats coming out next month today. I am hoping for the Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown will be released its going to be a popular one. They hopefully are releasing it in august I would like to see the open shaman oufit that looked nice. On pts right now in august but I would not be surprised if they do not add the shaman outfit. But I want my Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown dress!
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I was hoping they would have released it yesterday, so I could have seen what is coming and decide if I wanted to buy the stuff that is leaving or to save my crowns for the stuff that is coming next month.

Too bad :/

By design.

Of course, I've pretty much given up hope personally that they'll just magically "come to their senses", it seems these days with companies complaints just get you the "silent treatment" and they keep on going business as usual until someone either serves them with a proper lawsuit or government intervenes.

Corporations are blind to all but the teachings of High Lord Greedus, with his many tentacles of short-seeing.

Anything else just sounds pansy and tin-foily. Until their market tanks and people leave in droves because the best thing they had going for them was the lack of any meaningful competition.

Most industries (like gaming) with an art and entertainment focus walk a fine line, almost a war between the "suits" that somehow get to control everything and make all the decisions, and the talent, that are the ones actually generating the value these morons get to throw away.

Why we have a society of aristocratic morons instead of a society of talent is a subject for scholars, philosophers, and shrinks.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No they don't.

you are correct concurrent does mean - at the same time/in parallel. consistent - in the same way over time (the teacher was consistently stern in her marking for the whole course).

the idea that two dates 14 months apart represents something concurrent is...... very poor use of the language and just plain wrong. - unless, of course, it was intended as a joke.