The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadows of the Hist - Console Performance Improvements?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know we haven't seen any patch notes yet.... but are there any plans to make changes that may improve PS4 & Xbox One stability on August 16th?

It has been a major concern since Dark Brotherhood, and has given way to many unintended situations. By this, I mean dungeons not loading correctly, Wrothgar trapping characters, 5-15FPS w/ stutters in many combat scenarios, player silhouettes, NPCs not loading, load screens everywhere, and many other scenarios.

Text chat is also coming next patch, and as cool as it is, can only add (a tiny bit) more stress to the game in general. I can imagine cities like Wayrest seeing this effect from text chat if there is any.

Plain and simple.....
Will console performance see any improvements with the Shadows of the Hist base game patch? Please say yes!
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Has anyone here heard some news about this I haven't?
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only hope they really need to improve PVP performance it was good for like 1 day and back to 4 to 5 disconnects a day
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ha! Keep dreaming. Won't happen. Either pray that they do a Neo/Scorpio port or cut your losses and A.) change games B.) swap to PC.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything was a whole lot better before dark brotherhood. So I know it can be fixed, if they would just put some effort into it. I really don't understand how they can continue selling people the orsinium dlc while at the same time telling you not to go there. I had very few problems at all until dark brotherhood. Since dark brotherhood though I have lost my character in orsinium, been dash boarded more times than I can count, and spent nearly a week to get my eso+ benefits that I paid for. If it was not for the crafting bag I would most definitely stop subbing.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ciub26Q.png

2977457-9595356216-idn2p.gif

不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got at least 10 disconnections in scourge. I'm done with this game if it is not improved. Can't play like this.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was meant to get a response on the issues..... not to bash ZOS.

Would be great if we can get an official response.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    This thread was meant to get a response on the issues..... not to bash ZOS.

Would be great if we can get an official response.

Don't expect one, they poured so much effort into the console releases. Now that their poor game optimization has started to become so bad it's breaking consoles, they're probably having a *** firing a ton of incompetent programmers. I'm sure the use of this games engine hasn't helped any with the MMO factor. The game really needs to be properly threaded, and the logic behind the programming needs to be more sound.

Since before consoles were released, this games optimization issues came into effect causing many players such as my self to have to go out and buy over-recommended specs because the games claim of what hardware you need is not accurate at all.
    Master Debater