The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Puzzles and door mechanics are 100% uninteresting and prevent me from progressing.

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to get past the final door in the Ruins of Kardala in Craglorn, after trying to solo this place at CP70 (it's a CP110 dungeon).

I am having a blast. It's just challenging enough so that I've died a few times, but I can eventually win. The perfect balance.

But now I can't progress any further because of this idiotic door mechanic. This "puzzle" (LMFAO) requires several players to stand on blocks all at once. Obviously I can't since I am by myself.

So the entire dungeon is now ruined.

I looked it up in the forums and further problems are apparent:

1 - Because of the phasing, I can't just ask any 3 players to come and help me. It has to be 3 players at the same quest stage.
2 - Finding players still doing Craglorn stuff who even WANT to help me will be difficult if not impossible for a solo player.
3 - I'm not sure if I'd have to repeat the entire dungeon again up until this point. I HATE repeating content I've already completed.

I absolutely abhor any mechanics that force me to play with other people just for its own sake. I understand some dungeons require groups simply because of the numbers and damage involved, but gimmicky crap like this (i.e. bosses who MC or polymorph you, or idiotic door mechanics) just leave an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

I was having fun until some idiot developer thought he was being "clever" (LOL!) by putting this simplistic, useless and uninteresting door mechanic to destroy any fun I was having.

Dear ZoS, please stop doing this crap.

If you're going to make puzzles, at least make them interesting and not require other players just for its own sake.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »

1 - Because of the phasing, I can't just ask any 3 players to come and help me. It has to be 3 players at the same quest stage.

I have been told this was changed many months ago and anyone can come in and help you unlock those puzzle/doors now.

I still wont do Craglorn though.

I don't have a problem with group quests but at least let us complete the quests in any order(unless of course they have also changed it to allow that). I mean people want to do them in groups so say I join a group we get the first one or two quests done and people bail. Now I am on the third and need to find people that are there, or have to repeat the other 2 to get new players to join me at 3rd and what if again I get stuck. Too many what ifs for me to worry about regarding zone story quest and easier just to ignore the zone other than it's farming purposes.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still unlock the doors in order to progress with your quest. The other players doesn´t need to share the same stage of the Craglorn story quest. Just ask in zone.chat or guildchat (If you´re member of some guild). And regarding Craglorn, it´s supposed to be a groupbased area (even tho most dungeons in lower Craglorn are easy doable solo), so no need to rant about that.