The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Confirmation: Viper Set does NOT work with Ranged weapons

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all, I've been curious about this set to see if it would work with a bow. After extensive testing of every bow ability and regardless of range, Viper set didn't Proc once on any type of bow skill, light or Heavy attacks. It's strictly melee weapons only so Duel Wield, 1h and all 2h. I didn't bother to test a staff as I figured anyone using a staff wouldn't have this set.

It would be nice if the Viper did work with bow though. Maybe Zos will change it at some point, who knows.
NA Server - Kildair
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It kinda says on the tooltip that it only procs on melee attacks... :wink:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be considerably OP as it is now on a Ranged Weapon. If they made it capable of procing on both Melee AND Ranged Weapons they would have to nerf the damage to compensate.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it say on melee attacks in the tooltip? Thought that was pretty obvious.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus & @IzakiBrotheSs it does. Yet there are numerous posts out there saying that it works for bows within 7M which isn't accurate.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    I would say atleast 50% of my kb's recently have been from viper. Pretty cool set sctually.
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to read tooltips OP, the blatant ones would save you some time
    Edited by Nifty2g on July 30, 2016 4:43AM
    #MOREORBS
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Did you test heavy attack from bow into weapon swap 2h? The heavy should become a 2H heavy and should theoretically proc.

Bread an butter opener for NB is Heavy into Poison Injection into wep swap for ambush and sa spam...
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    I run the viper in PVP, on ranged it would be be OP
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Viper still procs on melee attacks if you use a Bow. If you use Surprise attack and Ambush on a nightblade it will proc even if you use a Bow.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 30, 2016 7:23AM
    PS4 NA DC