The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Have I just lost my whole game and character?

moonio
moonio
✭✭✭✭
The game crashed and when i tried to log back in again it said an auto save file had been corrupted.
I had the option to overight the corrupted file but it said if I didnt saves would be disabled!!!!
SO I said YES!!!!!!!!!
And it took me to a screen where I basically start a new game!!!!!!
like adjusting the screen size and brightness, agreeing to the end user license!!

Please can someone help me get my game and character back?
PLEEeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasseee

crying!! :'(
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your characters are saved on the server, not on the local drive. They should be fine.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't sound like ESO.... this game never used typical save/auto-save files. Everything goes straight to the server. If you could corrupt your profile by crashing, not a single player would be left!

I wish I could help you but I've never heard of this happening to someone in ESO :/
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game doesnt even have your character data save file in your PC to even become corrupted with.

Maybe someone deleted your character while you were sleeping >:)
    Edited by Wow on July 29, 2016 8:28PM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've had my save file corrupted twice, maybe three times total since launch. All it does is reset your settings. It in no way harms the account itself.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 8:33PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to make sure you're on the correct server. At very most, it's more likely that your launcher bugged which can be deleted and reinstalled (without deleting or reinstalling the game). As mentioned, no local data for saving your characters. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ +1 for knowledge :smile: