Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No one told me all my quest rewards would be stamina based :(

Deathgiggle
Deathgiggle
✭✭✭
I decided to play a Magicka Nightblade and all through the lower levels I didn't care about gear too much cause everything was kind of easy. Now I'm level 26 and have started doing some basic dungeons and learned I died kind of easy. So, I decided to focus on my gear to improve myself and that's when I noticed all quest rewards were stamina. Not sure why they don't give you a choice of 2 items, one for stam and one for magicka, but it is what is is. This last dungeon I got a really nice bow and a purple 2 hand axe but neither one is for me, lol.

I don't mind switching to a stam build but I chose the wrong race for it. I'm not a crafter so I didn't make myself any armor or weapons, I was hoping to get some of that from quests as I leveled up.

P.S. I did 3 dungeons through the Dungeonfinder and all three seem to have been total chaos. People dying all over the place, people leaving the group as soon as we kill the first boss, it's a headache.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to switch, magicka nightblade is a very good choice. It's nice to loot some blue or purples complementing your build, but it isn't necessary - tactics and teamwork are more important at this point. And outside group content you can use whatever, it doesn't matter while leveling. However, if you want to be properly equipped, I recommend rethinking your stance on crafting - it's the most reliable long-term solution.

Keep in mind that if you use the group finder, the dungeon is scaled up to cp160. This puts low level players at a disadvantage - they're scaled up too, but have limited skills available and are more easily overpowered than actual cp160 players. You could try finding a group in zone and see how it goes scaled to the leader.

I don't know what server you're playing on, but you could also look for a newbie-friendly guild that could teach you the dungeons in a more coordinated group. It looks like your previous groups didn't really know what they were doing.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well thats RNG.

But in your lvl better use crafted gear.

Just ask somebody to craft set for you
    Edited by jeedrzej on July 29, 2016 7:33AM
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to play a Magicka Nightblade and all through the lower levels I didn't care about gear too much cause everything was kind of easy. Now I'm level 26 and have started doing some basic dungeons and learned I died kind of easy. So, I decided to focus on my gear to improve myself and that's when I noticed all quest rewards were stamina. Not sure why they don't give you a choice of 2 items, one for stam and one for magicka, but it is what is is. This last dungeon I got a really nice bow and a purple 2 hand axe but neither one is for me, lol.

I don't mind switching to a stam build but I chose the wrong race for it. I'm not a crafter so I didn't make myself any armor or weapons, I was hoping to get some of that from quests as I leveled up.

P.S. I did 3 dungeons through the Dungeonfinder and all three seem to have been total chaos. People dying all over the place, people leaving the group as soon as we kill the first boss, it's a headache.

Mage guild line will help other then thay crafting is awesome.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had tons of troubles with ESO before I got good at playing it, but gear never was one.
    Of course, I also didn't bother with dungeons much before endgame... I always thought, why bother going through all the trouble for something I'll decon in five levels anyhow?
    (All, right, I admit it... that's an excuse, I don't do dungeons because I am a socioiphobe who could not bear PUG-people, and have no friends who coax me into joining them on a dungeon crawl...)

Anyways...

I would suggest staying your course, magica nightblades can be fun to go with, don your best sunday robe, hoist staves or twin daggers, not that you'll need them much, since you'll just lifesteal your way to glory! Merely doing the normal questing should keep your gear acceptible for most of the game, also many guilds have set themselves up to give out stuff their better members don't need and wouldn't bother selling to upcoming members, so it may be worth asking...
    Gear only becomes an issue when you want to PvP or run dungeons... then you want to go with purple sets (guild stores are your friend for that, but I would not bother spending on that until you reach 160-CP and go shopping for the endgame gear set - but when you do, find one that strikes your fancy, and enjoy the life of a lifesucking mageblade! ;) )
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can craft your own gear at 3 traits. Starts grinding skillshards and researching
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can craft your own gear at 2 traits. Starts grinding skillshards and researching

Fixed it for you.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well decent gear. At 3 traits he could craft a 9 piece set
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on PC NA, hit me up, I don't mind making free low level armor to help newcomers. You just have to supply the materials yourself.