The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Daedric Mounts

Cazzy
Cazzy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There's a distinct lack of them. There's such a creative opportunity to add them in game too.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedra don't serve Mortals , it's the other way around .
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We already have one :) the flaming horse in the crown store
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on July 29, 2016 5:08PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Soul-Shriven Horse, Zombie Horse, and that one Panther that has blue glowing stripes suffice in my opinion lol

Hell the Zombie Horse is actually an undead horse raised by the Worm Cult!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 5:08PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We already have one :) the flaming horse in the crown store

That's why I mentioned the "creative opportunity" to add more :wink:
    I think the Soul-Shriven Horse, Zombie Horse, and that one Panther that has blue glowing stripes suffice in my opinion lol

Hell the Zombie Horse is actually an undead horse raised by the Worm Cult!

Yeah I have the zombie horse. Maybe daedric armour for him would be better. I know it's unimportant and small but I'd like to be able to customise my mounts a little.
    Edited by Cazzy on July 29, 2016 5:12PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tbh they only started existing with that horse.. so lets not violate the lore any more
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What if I roleplaying as Daedra? :smiley:
    Tbh they only started existing with that horse.. so lets not violate the lore any more

True, I don't want to break the lore :smile: Maybe customisation on armour is more sufficient.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Yeah I have the zombie horse. Maybe daedric armour for him would be better. I know it's unimportant and small but I'd like to be able to customise my mounts a little.

Even just some motif and dye options on mounts' gear would be pretty cool.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll find out more about the Atronach horse and senche when that certain other war progresses. Might be a year away, though.

ON-icon-mount-Atronach_Horse.pngON-icon-mount-Atronach_Senche.png

But for a real horrible nightmare mount from the depths of Oblivion... alliance bouncy riding balls!

t973bc.jpg
    signing off
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll find out more about the Atronach horse and senche when that certain other war progresses. Might be a year away, though.

But for a real horrible nightmare mount from the depths of Oblivion... alliance bouncy riding balls!

t973bc.jpg

What's wrong with bouncing here and there and everywhere?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

t973bc.jpg

What's wrong with bouncing here and there and everywhere?

Unleash the dragonfrog swarms!
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That would be very cool! We all use mounts quite a lot. Surprised there hasn't been Mount Armour in the Crown Store tbh.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be very cool! We all use mounts quite a lot. Surprised there hasn't been Mount Armour in the Crown Store tbh.

Considering this is the IP renowned for horse armor DLC, I'm shocked too.

What would you be mounting, anyway? Clannfear are small, Daedroth walk upright, Titans are too big... other than "Daedric [mortal creature]" I can't really think of something able to be used as a mount. I think it'd be neat, too, but just wondering what options there'd be.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What would you be mounting, anyway? Clannfear are small, Daedroth walk upright, Titans are too big... other than "Daedric [mortal creature]" I can't really think of something able to be used as a mount. I think it'd be neat, too, but just wondering what options there'd be.

I had considered a slightly larger Clannfear. Maybe a Matron? They made the wolves bigger to become mounts so could do the same?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had considered a slightly larger Clannfear. Maybe a Matron? They made the wolves bigger to become mounts so could do the same?

Hmm, maybe. I wonder if they'd be too similar to the guar, though. But I do love me some Clannfear!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im eagerly awaiting that white wolf, or was it snow wolf?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cazzy They should make a daedroth mount where you ride atop his shoulders O.O
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

t973bc.jpg

Or Alliance leaders! Strap a saddle on Ayrenn/Emeric/Jorunn and led me ride them fearlessly into battle, à la Yoda on Luke's back.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rhapsodious So are Kagouti as far as body shape, didn't stop ZOS so don't give up hope. :)

An Elytra mount might be neat...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭

Daedra serve mortals when summoned. Read some lore in game a Dremora was summoned and forced to fight her own Kyn. She did express extreme distaste through the entire ordeal
    Edited by GivvumBoane on July 29, 2016 6:47PM
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's that lore book in the hollow city. It is journal a daedra wrote describing being summoned by a mortal against its will and forced to serve that mortal.
    Xbox NA
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one wants to ride on the shoulders of a Deadroth. And have him explain to my enemies, with his fire breath, why they must not be allowed to get in my way. :)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rhapsodious So are Kagouti as far as body shape, didn't stop ZOS so don't give up hope. :)

An Elytra mount might be neat...

True, true!

Daedra serve mortals when summoned. Read some lore in game a Dremora was summoned and forced to fight her own Kyn. She did express extreme distaste through the entire ordeal

Right. Lesser daedra, like the bestial ones, are able to be controlled by the summoner with relative ease, but it's still not easy. More powerful daedra like dremora and xivilai are only able to be controlled by extremely talented mages, otherwise it doesn't end well for the summoner. They either get overpowered or tricked, as they certainly do not want to be there. And even if they are controlled, they're none too happy about it.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Darkest_Darkness

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:I_was_Summoned_by_a_Mortal

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:A_Tragedy_in_Black

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Origins_of_Conjuration

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Tome_of_Daedric_Portals

Food for thought because I love lorebooks.

Edited by rhapsodious on July 29, 2016 7:07PM
  • steussy
    steussy
    ✭✭✭
    Some sort of flying beast mount would be nice.
    Edited by steussy on July 29, 2016 7:09PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get a Molag Kena mount.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if I roleplaying as Daedra? :smiley:

True, I don't want to break the lore :smile: Maybe customisation on armour is more sufficient.

You would need to record such sessions for review by me first :)