Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Catch Cheaters in PVP

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a little tip. If you have an NVIDIA card in your computer, you may have a recording program called "Shdowplay" that came with it and not even know it. Check and see if you do. And if you do just remember ALT+F10 automatically saves the last five minutes by default. You can then send in the file via you tube link in a ticket or straight up just send in the file.

Go to NIVIDIA page and download the GEFORCE Experiance app to check/set it up.

Happy gaming and good riddance to scrub cheaters.
Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on August 30, 2016 11:31AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild was recording last night in X1 Haderus and got some good footage of a handful of EP. We'll see what comes of it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know this . How do you access this program with window 10 ?
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rohamad_Ali Do you have the Geforce Experience setup? It's one of the features listed there under "My Rig". Or you can download it at the link below if you have an Nvidia compatible video card.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay
    NA Server - Kildair
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my windows 10 came with a recorder build in... i just have to hit win+alt+r to record
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by SleepyTroll on July 29, 2016 4:02PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali Do you have the Geforce Experience setup? It's one of the features listed there under "My Rig". Or you can download it at the link below if you have an Nvidia compatible video card.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay

Yes I do thank you .
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you think someone is cheating doesn't mean they are. I get accused of cheating all the time. Does not bother me in the slightest. Baddies will always look externally to factors and variables that do not confirm their pre conceived notions of fairness or performance. Potatoes will always be potatoes until they have the self awareness and self discipline to be better.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Just because you think someone is cheating doesn't mean they are. I get accused of cheating all the time. Does not bother me in the slightest. Baddies will always look externally to factors and variables that do not confirm their pre conceived notions of fairness or performance. Potatoes will always be potatoes until they have the self awareness and self discipline to be better.

That's great you don't cheat . Too bad everyone doesn't hold the same standard .
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will want to download the NIVIDIA app GEFORCE Experiance from their site. That is where you will set up your preferences for it.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking someone is cheating is different then seeing 6-7 players gap closer exploiting right in front of you.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can never get shadowplay to work, I tried it a few times. One time when i started recording my computer locked up. I also tried some other software for recording couldn't get that to work either. Finally, tried some Microsoft gaming bar for recording, can't get get that to work either.

Please help, I want to record.

[edit] I noticed one problem I was having was using short cut keys. I would get into the game and press something like ( alt + r ) then some window in ESO would pop up. All my shortcut commands would not work for recording.
    Edited by vamp_emily on July 29, 2016 4:13PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guildies send in clips of gap closer exploiting, land sharking, someone moving at ridiculous speeds. It's not for me to say if someone is cheating. It's up to me to determine wether I think ZOS should have a look and make that call themselves.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily I had the same problem before. There are numerous you tube videos on how to properly set it up. I went through a few vids before I found one that worked. I will see if I can find it again.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guildies send in clips of gap closer exploiting, land sharking, someone moving at ridiculous speeds. It's not for me to say if someone is cheating. It's up to me to determine wether I think ZOS should have a look and make that call themselves.

What's Land Sharking ?

This is all Google had

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/landshark/2832305
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a player is under ground textures and able to damage you but you can't damage them.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowplay is awesome.

Records in your resolution with little performance impact.

While I haven't recorded PVP, I've recorded dungeon runs and stuff like that.

Very useful tool to have for a nVidia user.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a player is under ground textures and able to damage you but you can't damage them.

I've seen that just didn't know the term . Ty
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily I had the same problem before. There are numerous you tube videos on how to properly set it up. I went through a few vids before I found one that worked. I will see if I can find it again.

OK thanks, I will also look at youtube

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised many are unaware of the features of video cards they paid decent money for.

If you have a decent nvidea card you have shadowplay.

You can set it to record manually or shadow (or both).

In the upper right of your geoforce expereience app you will see shadowplay. That opens the shadowplay menu in a separate window. You can adjust setting from there... you do need to turn the switch on for what setting you picked to become active.

It basically acts as a running dvr of the length and quality you have selected. You merely press the hotkey to save that length to hard drive. If you have it set to 1 minute it will be shadow recording everything in a rolling one minute block. It will only be saved when you press the hotkey to save it.

If you are recording of good quality and decent length the videos will be larger than you can send in to ZOS.

I recommend using Windows Movie maker for editing. It's free and it works fine on win 10 (even though not supported officially). You can clip the video down to show the exploits/cheats at work only from there and if it's of decent duration save it at a size that you can submit to ZOS.

Many of the cheaters get away and exploit because there deeds are not known. Recording these cheating cretins and submitting their bs is the only way of getting them their just rewards.

It's relatively trivial to save a couple of suspect incidents a night and edit them with Windows Movie Maker and submit them when you have time.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised many are unaware of the features of video cards they paid decent money for.

In the upper right of your geoforce expereience app you will see shadowplay. That opens the shadowplay menu in a separate window. You can adjust setting from there... you do need to turn the switch on for what setting you picked to become active.

It basically acts as a running dvr of the length and quality you have selected. You merely press the hotkey to save that length to hard drive. If you have it set to 1 minute it will be shadow recording everything in a rolling one minute block. It will only be saved when you press the hotkey to save it.

If you are recording of good quality and decent length the videos will be larger than you can send in to ZOS.

I recommend using Windows Movie maker for editing. It's free and it works fine on win 10 (even though not supported officially). You can clip the video down to show the exploits/cheats at work only from there and if it's of decent duration save it at a size that you can submit to ZOS.

Many of the cheaters get away and exploit because there deeds are not known. Recording these cheating cretins and submitting their bs is the only way of getting them their just rewards.

It's relatively trivial to save a couple of suspect incidents a night and edit them with Windows Movie Maker and submit them when you have time.

+1
    Boom! /micdrop
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I can never get shadowplay to work, I tried it a few times. One time when i started recording my computer locked up. I also tried some other software for recording couldn't get that to work either. Finally, tried some Microsoft gaming bar for recording, can't get get that to work either.

Please help, I want to record.

[edit] I noticed one problem I was having was using short cut keys. I would get into the game and press something like ( alt + r ) then some window in ESO would pop up. All my shortcut commands would not work for recording.

I had some intial problems with shadowplay and just settled for making f2 my record hotkey and that doesn't seem to interfere with anything in game.

I guess issue you have with it will be related to the computer you use. Personally I save the shadowplay videos to a separate hard drive.

• Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    My guild was recording last night in X1 Haderus and got some good footage of a handful of EP. We'll see what comes of it.

I spent the night leveling up my alchemy, so I'm totally in the clear.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

+1
    Boom! /micdrop

I'm not entirely certain of the actual max size you can upload to ZOS. I know anything over 200 mb will just result in an error.

Like I mentioned, with Windows Movie maker you can set a custom lower kbps on videos that will reduce quality a bit but also reduce size and still be watchable.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the majority I have sent have been via YouTube link
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the majority I have sent have been via YouTube link

I've seen some support reply that they don't check 3rd party sites.

Which is laughable.

But, yes you can just upload to youtube and link that, even so you might want to trim the video a bit and add captioning or add the action in slow motion to illustrate it. Windows Movie Maker does all that, even if it's not a super high quality video editing program.
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    I highly recommend shadow play.... I've gotten 14 confirmed cheaters banned by using it ..
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    my windows 10 came with a recorder build in... i just have to hit win+alt+r to record

It sucks use the NVIDIA app.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great you don't cheat . Too bad everyone doesn't hold the same standard .

Its also too bad you apparently can't challenge a ban, and zos will not provide proof of you having cheated. I have a friend who is very adament about not having cheated. He was permabanded recently. While others who used CE to destroy VMA were unbanned.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Stien wrote: »
    I highly recommend shadow play.... I've gotten 14 confirmed cheaters banned by using it ..

LOL nice! hahahaha
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys