The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inspiration at Master Level Writs

Bouldercleave
Bouldercleave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there a point to the inspiration gained by doing the top tier writs? I may be wrong, but it seems pretty silly to gain 20,000 inspiration when you are already at max level.

Wouldn't better gold or resources make more sense?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I (and probably many others) have always wondered at that myself since the inspiration doesn't even show up in any form as you've already maxxed the skill line before being able to do top tier crafting... but alas, it is the way it is -- good luck getting any official nibble at what might "make more sense" :)
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I have written in my review here, crafting writs really need an upgrade or an overhaul.

The small amount of exp is ok, the gold is nice, and of course you have the chance of mats and surveys and stuff.

However, making items for the writs is insanely simple, and as you say, the inspiration gained is rediculous when you've already mastered all crafts.

Why not have two tiers of crafting writs, complete one but not the other. One would be the current ones we have now, they require simple items, and provide inspiration. The other tier would be for master crafters. Now you have to make 3-ingredient potions and poisons, blue and purple level foods and drinks, green, blue and purple level runes, and Ruby equipment in different motifs, different traits, and even different sets. The rewards, however, would be larger too. More gold, more chance for high level mats like gold, purple and blue tempers, gold and purple runes, rare motif stones, blue and purple recipes, maybe even motif pages. And no inspiration, as it is already assumed you have your craft maxed to make these.

Now that would be a much more interesting writ system to me, where the requiremenets needed were larger and more advanced, but the rewards also potentially richer.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    As I have written in my review here, crafting writs really need an upgrade or an overhaul.

The small amount of exp is ok, the gold is nice, and of course you have the chance of mats and surveys and stuff.

However, making items for the writs is insanely simple, and as you say, the inspiration gained is rediculous when you've already mastered all crafts.

Why not have two tiers of crafting writs, complete one but not the other. One would be the current ones we have now, they require simple items, and provide inspiration. The other tier would be for master crafters. Now you have to make 3-ingredient potions and poisons, blue and purple level foods and drinks, green, blue and purple level runes, and Ruby equipment in different motifs, different traits, and even different sets. The rewards, however, would be larger too. More gold, more chance for high level mats like gold, purple and blue tempers, gold and purple runes, rare motif stones, blue and purple recipes, maybe even motif pages. And no inspiration, as it is already assumed you have your craft maxed to make these.

Now that would be a much more interesting writ system to me, where the requiremenets needed were larger and more advanced, but the rewards also potentially richer.

I agree 100%