The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keen Eye & Kuta

saf227_ESO
saf227_ESO
✭✭✭✭
So I have 2 toons I play regularly.
1 toon is fairly new (<6 months), a Breton Sorcerer. I leveled him up before vet ranks went away. He has full Enchanting Crafting skills. Everything. When I go farming with that toon, he seems to pick up a Kuta from a runestone about every 50-70 runestones. Roughly. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.
My other toon is a toon I've had a long time. Altmer Templar. A while back I re-did his skills. I decided to leave out things I didn't need any more. One of those things was the Keen Eye skill for Enchanting. I took it to level 1 - but left it there. It was good enough to give me a little help & that was enough. Everything else in Enchanting was maxed up.
Ever since the change to runestones, this toon has found 0 Kuta. 300-400 runtestones. Maybe a bit more. 0.
I decided to test something. I added the 2 extra levels to the Keen Eye skill. Not 10 runestones later: Kuta.
Going by the tool tip for Keen Eye, that shouldn't have made a difference.
So - is this a designed behavior? Is it an error? Is it an really, really, really extreme coincidence?
(BTW, my wife, who also plays, says her toon - that picks up Kuta regularly - has 1 for Keen Eye. So that doesn't seem to be it by itself. But maybe a combination of things? It seems exceptionally odd that I can go from the start of DB - playing almost daily - until now w/o a single Kuta, and then get 1 right after I add points to that skill.)
Inquiring minds...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG. Keen Eye has no effect on the CONTENTS of the node, just how far away it shines from. In short, coincidence.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 4 Denata I pulled from a single rune were the result of the tweet I sent right beforehand.
    SEND MORE TWEETS. IT IS SCIENCE.

signing off
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one of my characters that has 0 in keen eye I just looted a runestone and got 2 kutas earlier today, so I think is just coincidence.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do people really put points into enchanting keen eye? I can see the red glow on the ground long before I see the glowing smoke stuff.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Do people really put points into enchanting keen eye? I can see the red glow on the ground long before I see the glowing smoke stuff.

Some people don't have a natural keen eye for such details though, so they do invest in the passive :p
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. You can see that orange glow from a mile away.

(until you get there and it's just a campfire ;) )

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on July 28, 2016 2:50AM
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    My enchanter rarely finds out, even from the survey's

But my gear crafter finds them all the time while farming nodes and he has no points into enchanting
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can spot a red glow from further than max keen eye on all nodes
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never select the keen-eye passive for enchanting on any of my characters & they all get the rare kuta... very rarely! I have about 14 in my craft bag currently & I have used about 30 of them total. I thought this was a lot but a friend of mine who has no levelled enchanter has 62 kuta in his craft bag! I think the difference is... my friend goes out of his way to farm areas of nodes but I just pickup what is in front of me when I am going places.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. You can see that orange glow from a mile away.

(until you get there and it's just a campfire ;) )

I guess I do end up chasing quite a few campfires and torches, and finding that as the source of the glow is almost as disappointing as finding a Ta rune.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have keen eye for enchanting on any of my characters and I do find Kuta fairly regularly.
    The Moot Councillor
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    So I have 2 toons I play regularly.
    1 toon is fairly new (<6 months), a Breton Sorcerer. I leveled him up before vet ranks went away. He has full Enchanting Crafting skills. Everything. When I go farming with that toon, he seems to pick up a Kuta from a runestone about every 50-70 runestones. Roughly. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.
    My other toon is a toon I've had a long time. Altmer Templar. A while back I re-did his skills. I decided to leave out things I didn't need any more. One of those things was the Keen Eye skill for Enchanting. I took it to level 1 - but left it there. It was good enough to give me a little help & that was enough. Everything else in Enchanting was maxed up.
    Ever since the change to runestones, this toon has found 0 Kuta. 300-400 runtestones. Maybe a bit more. 0.
    I decided to test something. I added the 2 extra levels to the Keen Eye skill. Not 10 runestones later: Kuta.
    Going by the tool tip for Keen Eye, that shouldn't have made a difference.
    So - is this a designed behavior? Is it an error? Is it an really, really, really extreme coincidence?
    (BTW, my wife, who also plays, says her toon - that picks up Kuta regularly - has 1 for Keen Eye. So that doesn't seem to be it by itself. But maybe a combination of things? It seems exceptionally odd that I can go from the start of DB - playing almost daily - until now w/o a single Kuta, and then get 1 right after I add points to that skill.)
    Inquiring minds...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Never wasted points on Keen Eye got plenty kuta

• damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    2dqio11.jpg

witho 0 points in KE

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I pulled the twin Kutas from a node. :smiley:
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found 2 in a node and 4 in a heavy sack once. Its RNG. Sometimes while farming my favorite loop I find 4 sometimes 0. Before DB I had never found any.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a comfirmed bug actually the CP that has a chance to doubles the yeld and keen eye actually ups your gold chances up to 15% higher then normal when tested on 1000 nodes.

You will of course still get Kutas without them but you do have better chances it's been like this for about four months now.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regularly go to Wrothgar and farm mats/runes whilst collecting surveys and I have not found 1 kuta in about 7 months.
    The only Kuta's I get are from writs....
    I am beginning to think something is bugged with my crafter who does the bulk of my gathering. I am currently gathering stats and so far I have collected 326 aspect runes in 2 weeks farming on & off in Wrothgar from normal nodes & surveys.
    So far Kuta = 0. I used to get them fairly regularly before I reach 50 in enchanting, now i get bugga all.....

All enchanting maxed except keen eye 0/3, but I had 0/3 keen eye before I reached 50 enchant and found regular Kuta then.
    Edited by Synfaer on July 28, 2016 7:02AM
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm toting about 60 kuta around atm, and I've never put anything into keen eye.

Although I'll admit I probably get more from writs then in the wild. But I still find them out there regularly enough so...
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did over 30 enchanting surveys over the weekend across three toons, I know i got very lazy about about surveys since crafting bags came out and I actually have inventory room.

0 kuta

This game maybe the most trollish game I've ever played in regards to RNG.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP only one of my characters ( I have 12 ) has keen eye...

All 6 of the 12 have 50 in enchanting and the rest are also all pretty high up there...

Some months I get a Kuta every week, other times I don't get a kuta at all.

Same with the mails some months I get a kuta here and there in the mails, other times I don't get any at all...

The plus side is kuta is fairly cheap and the price is stable unlike the other legendaries which fluctuate far too often for my liking...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing, my enchanter is maxed out but picks up less Kuta than my other characters with 0 points in enchanting. RNG = RNG I guess...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. RNG is RNG. But I went through more than 300 runestones. Lots and lots. Keen Eye shouldn't matter. It hasn't mattered on other toons. But as soon as I put points into it, Kuta started showing up. I don't believe in coincidences like that.
    Trying to bring it to DEV's attention. Maybe they know something? Maybe they don't?
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pfft all u nubcakes dont know how to harvest. Here is my secret;

I run out the house everytime I spot an enchanting node;
    Circle round the tree there exactly 3 and a half times, not more not less,
    then RP walk back into my house and quickly down a glass of water,
    then do the chicken dance in celebration of all the kutas im going to get for exactly 10 seconds.
    Then back to my PC, if the node hasnt been stolen by someone, it will yield 2 kutas.

Works everytime. Try IT!
    Edited by Vangy on July 29, 2016 1:21AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz