The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master of refinement glitched? (PC NA)

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
Is the achievement bugged or am I just not understanding it correctly?
You have to "refine 3000 raw materials"
I was at 2000, I had well over 1k raw mats on me from nirn hunting, I refined them, it only went up by 200 :/
Am I missing something?
I know refining doesn't give you back as much as you put in, but I mean on 1k you at least get 700ish back
Plz explain? I've been trying to get it done since forever.
Edited by MercTheMage on July 27, 2016 11:03AM
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, but maybe it's only counting each time you press the "refine" button? Since each press uses 10 raw materials, it would only count 1/10th of the raw materials used if that is the case...
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I'm xbox not pc but I'm fairly sure @Tevalaur is correct. I'm on about 9.5k/10k towards the harvester achievement, assuming an average of about 3.5 per node means I've picked up about 33k raw mats, I got the achievement for refining 3k raw mats fairly recently which would tie in with it being you have to refine 3k times. I thought the same as you previously, definitely one that should have the description updated
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you need to hit "refine" 3,000 times. Same with the harvester achievements - you need to gather from a node up to 10k times, not grab up to 10k materials from a node.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Confirm that Tevalaur is correct. it takes 30K mats to refine 3K times.

The real drag is that the achievement came later. If you had already done all your deconstruction and refining in the first year of play getting all crafting up to 50, then when the achievements came out it reset all your crafting achievement values to zero.

I'll probably never see those achievements now. I can't stand to have to do it all again, to no benefit other than achievement!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz explain? I've been trying to get it done since forever.

On my Master Crafter, who refined every Cloth, Leather and Wood Material that all 8 of my characters gathered took about 18 months to get that achievement. I would have done it in a year if she was also doing Metal at the time.

This is one of those long slow slog of an Achievement that chasing is not the best way to get it. You will just frustrate yourself. Best to just let it happen naturally.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"