Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Refining gold mats, bad luck or something fishy!?

Lettigall
Lettigall
✭✭✭✭✭
Refined around 900 clothing mats(400+ ancestor silk and 400+ rubedo leather) and got 2 golden mats and 3 purple. From 440 rubedite ore I got 5!!! golden and 5 purple mats! Am I only one who's getting less golden mats from clothing? I'm asking it since last time I refined raw mats, clothing also gave less! Or it's just bad luck when it comes to clothing?
Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG, I refined 30 raw hide scraps and got a Dreugh wax last night
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rng I refined 1800 raw voids tone and got 9 tempering alloys. I refined 1k a couple days later and got 18.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the RNG just wants that I buy golden mats for my new gear...
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I refined about 100 cloth mats this morning and got 4 wax and that character got 2 more from his hireling.

Now I probably won't see another one for a week or so.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's just RNG coming into play, average tends to be about 1 every 100. You might refine 800 for 3 and then get 7 from the next 200. I tend to get more wax than the others for some reason but have never used any, whereas I use the wood and metal tempers to improve weapons.

I refined about 300 of each raw material type (wood, metal, cloth) last night for 4 wax, 3 alloys and only 1 rosin.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    So the RNG just wants that I buy golden mats for my new gear...

RNG doesn't care about you or your needs. RNG is cold, uncaring, oblivious.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem to matter if you have points in deconstruction either. I noticed I actually get more without putting points in. System appears broke to me.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    RNG, RNG, RNG... So you didn't actually think that 90% pickpocket would get you 9/10 picks without getting caught did you? lol, more like 6/10...
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish if there were system where you can transform 10 green mats into 1 blue, 10 blues into 1 purple and 10 purple into 1 gold!