Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Can we change the language of the game on PS4?

Neirymn
Neirymn
✭✭✭✭
I am French and thus playing on the French version of the game but I'd like to play on the English one because the French localization isn't so great, is there any way or any plan to do so in the future?

Best Answers

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there not a console option?
    Not within the game but to change the language on the entire console so it changes the game?

On Xbox one that's the only way I'm aware of but there are also limitations soon to be changed.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Answer ✓
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok apparently the only way on ps4 is to change the whole system to english, the reason it didnt work in italian for me, its because they only have english, french and german :(.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4803/kw/change language
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Answer ✓
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if you can do that to be honest :( never stumbled upon it...
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not within the game but to change the language on the entire console so it changes the game?

On Xbox one that's the only way I'm aware of but there are also limitations soon to be changed.

There is one, but it doesnt seem to change the language of all games...wait I will go to check!
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I can change the language of the entire console but I'd rather not. :/ I was more likely looking for an in game option, but I might eventually do what you suggested because I can't stand going through like 10 misspellings and other localization issues every 20 to 60 min of my play time. ^^'

I tried to report them in game but I was told by the support to go to the forums and on the French forums, well, it's like a no man's land... Some issues have been reported since last year and none have been addressed as of now. I assume there is less misspellings and such on the "original" version of the game?
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No changing the language didnt do anything to mine...it is already in english, so I tried changing it to italian and it did nothing :(...
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Hm if the version you buy in Italy isn't Italian then I don't think they have language packs for every game. They should at least have most languages for the text, but if you can't change it then it must be encoded in the disc/digital content
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok apparently the only way on ps4 is to change the whole system to english, the reason it didnt work in italian for me, its because they only have english, french and german :(.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4803/kw/change language

Thanks the help! Well that's not ideal but it's better than nothing I guess. xD

On FFXIV I can change the language of the game without having to change anything in my console settings, I hope ZOS will make this option available in the future. It doesn't bother me to play in English but I'd feel more comfortable with my console interface being in French when I'm not playing ESO. :)

The French localization is not that bad but I just don't want to spend like 1/4 of my play time giving feedback if no changes are made in game for months or even years, most of the time that's just texts to ajust... I'm not even sure where to post them on the French forums to be heard, because some did report those localization issues a while back in August 2014 and since the console release, it seems like no one is checking on us anymore, except for the moderation comments.
    Edited by Neirymn on July 27, 2016 1:56PM