Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I find out if i have the STEAM version or Bethesda version of the game?

Dharnagon
Dharnagon
✭✭✭
Is there a way to find it out on my account detailed information?
I was given the game via STEAM, however when I go to my Account -> Detailed Information i see nothing mentioning STEAM at all.
I know that most probably it IS a Steam version since i received it as a gift on STEAM, but as I said, there is nothing about steam on my account info, so maybe i hv the Betsheda version....dunno. How can I find out?

Thanks!

The Pride of The Eagle is its power itself!
Eagles, Advance!
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dharnagon wrote: »
    I was given the game via STEAM, however when I go to my Account -> Detailed Information i see nothing mentioning STEAM at all.
    I know that most probably it IS a Steam version since i received it as a gift on STEAM, but as I said, there is nothing about steam on my account info, so maybe i hv the Betsheda version....dunno. How can I find out?

Thanks!

You have the steam version, it won't say anything on the website because it isn't a special version. The only thing that buying the game through steam gives you is that the launcher is added to your library. There are no special versions of the game, they are the same files and you can abandon steam if you want to by just download the launcher from the game's website.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get it from Steam it is the Steam version.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I made my account; it was during Beta. After few months, I got the ESO on steam; however. I am still using my beta account but on steam.
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »

Thanks!

You have the steam version, it won't say anything on the website because it isn't a special version. The only thing that buying the game through steam gives you is that the launcher is added to your library. There are no special versions of the game, they are the same files and you can abandon steam if you want to by just download the launcher from the game's website.

I understand, the problem is that some websites offers some nice discount on Bethesda version of the game for things like ESO+, but not compatible with STEAM versions, so it is at least one more difference between them =*(

Thx, guys.
    I wish I could make it NON Steam version, hahaa
    Eagles, Advance!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others said, it is the same game files. Also, one can use a non steam account on a steam download launcher. That is what I do all the time. It really not a difference between the versions, besides steam keep track of hours play, library and overlay for friends list, etc,
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Like others said, it is the same game files. Also, one can use a non steam account on a steam download launcher. That is what I do all the time. It really not a difference between the versions, besides steam keep track of hours play, library and overlay for friends list, etc,

i see, but most of the discounts for ESO+ are NOT compatible with STEAM versions.

Eagles, Advance!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »

i see, but most of the discounts for ESO+ are NOT compatible with STEAM versions.

It sounds like that you only comparing store's price to the steam store price. But in the end the day, it still the same game. You might got it cheaper elsewhere or might not, but the game itself is the same.
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

It sounds like that you only comparing store's price to the steam store price. But in the end the day, it still the same game. You might got it cheaper elsewhere or might not, but the game itself is the same.[/quote]

yeah, but something else must be different in order to differentiate prices between both versions.
    There is not a way to make my version a NON STEAM, right? I dont mean files/library, friends overlay and stuff like that, i mean in the "account system".
    Eagles, Advance!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like that you only comparing store's price to the steam store price. But in the end the day, it still the same game. You might got it cheaper elsewhere or might not, but the game itself is the same.[/quote]

yeah, but something else must be different in order to differentiate prices between both versions.
    There is not a way to make my version a NON STEAM, right? I dont mean files/library, friends overlay and stuff like that, i mean in the "account system".
    [/quote]

It is the same account however one get ESO...
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate your help, guys, However i dont know if I made myself clear.
    Ill keep on looking for an offer with a good discount for me (I live in Brazil, so the price is a bit different for me, 15$ is like a lot more for me than to you) with no Steam restriction on the offer.

Thx, appreciate your help!
    Eagles, Advance!
  • Hellwigs
    Hellwigs
    Soul Shriven
    A difference between the two versions of the game is if you buy crowns; if you have a steam version you have to pay with the steam wallet.

A way to see if you have a steam version would be to try and buy crowns on this web site and when you log in, it will direct you to steam to pay to which you can then cancel the order and you will know the answer.

also some websites sell crown packs and such which don't work on the steam version and on steam they charge the full price with hardly any offers ever on.

on most sites that sell crown/eso plus time it says does not work on steam version.

you don't need to load steam to play the game but the transactions go through steam for the game.
    PC - EU Server
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Hellwigs. - Khajit Nightblade
    Hamsolo - Imperial Nightblade
    Steelix - Imperial Templar
    Lonely Shepherd - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Fragments. - Imperial Sorcerer