Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown sale

thestampede38
Hi ZOS
will there be a crown store sale for NA servers because i recently saw that EU got one but NA did Not. i am a College student that needs a deal. I just payed my Tuition and jeez Please come out with a deal soon!!!!!!!
  • solipsist
    solipsist
    as far as I remember they have crown sales just around the time they release a DLC or was it during Black Friday? I don't remember. But it's usually 50 off. Just wait abit there will be one eventually.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EU sale was Ps4 only and was a playstation deal not ZOS direct im afraid
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The EU sale was Ps4 only and was a playstation deal not ZOS direct im afraid

Glad you clarified, I was like wait I never seen any crowd deals! - As I'm on xb1
    Would be nice to see a crown sale though *cough* microsoft *cough*
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • thestampede38
    They have had two crown sales that I can remember on was Black Friday the other was right before thieves guild but not one before dark brotherhood. So hopefully the bring one for this update
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they better have one if they want me to buy their overly expensive tokens. :p
  • thestampede38
    Thank you ZOS !!!!!!! Crown sale everyone
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see no sale. I'm NA PC.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is this 'Crown Sale'? I believe it's against forum rules to make false statements on the forums.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • thestampede38
    It's on xbox
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, I saw PS4 sale, so I checked the store for PC (I have other stuff on my ps4, not TESO)

and while there is no advertised sale, the prices are the sale prices that I can see?

I'm pretty sure 5500 crowns don't typically sell for $23.99 , 1500 for $11.24 ,etc - those prices do correspond to PS4 crown sale one as well. so... I'm actualy thinking of buying some, while the price is so nice :) (and yes, when you click them, it says PC/mac only) so I'm definitely looking at the right store.
    Edited by Linaleah on August 2, 2016 8:04PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that 5,500 crowns is listed for $23.99 https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/5500_crowns.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well isn't this nice... after I just bought Crowns earlier this morning!! :(
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! I've been waiting months for this!
    PC/EU DC
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices are reduced on the website store in the UK too. A 5,500 crown pack, which is normally £24.99 is currently £14.39.

Which makes me wonder why they don't advertise these sales?

I've just checked the official website and Facebook and I don't see anything on there about a crown sale, in spite of having an article entirely about the crown store posted today. Even on the store itself there is nothing to indicate that the price is reduced. If I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have even looked and if I didn't remember the normal prices I wouldn't know that the ones currently displayed are lower.

All I can think is it's either extremely poor marketing or they actually don't want people to know about the sale, which makes no sense at all.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    They happen from time to time, no worries it'll happen again (I'm also xbox one and I've taken advantage of them twice)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there some way to buy multiple crown packs instead of having to make a separate transaction for each one?

i realize implementing a website 'shopping cart' is a difficult and revolutionary proposition, but i'm sure zos could farm it out to someone, no?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Prices are reduced on the website store in the UK too. A 5,500 crown pack, which is normally £24.99 is currently £14.39.

I've just checked the official website and Facebook and I don't see anything on there about a crown sale, in spite of having an article entirely about the crown store posted today. Even on the store itself there is nothing to indicate that the price is reduced. If I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have even looked and if I didn't remember the normal prices I wouldn't know that the ones currently displayed are lower.

All I can think is it's either extremely poor marketing or they actually don't want people to know about the sale, which makes no sense at all.

It is the same reason they don't advertise in advance, they don't want people saving up for sales, they want them to buy at full price. More people buying at full price is more revenue versus people buying them at discounts. Just this morning I bought three full-priced 5500 packs... if I had known that a sale was coming, I would have waited... and ZOS would have lost money.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    is there some way to buy multiple crown packs instead of having to make a separate transaction for each one?

i realize implementing a website 'shopping cart' is a difficult and revolutionary proposition, but i'm sure zos could farm it out to someone, no?

It would be nice, I agree... but you have to figure, the ONLY time people buy multiples is during sales... otherwise, people tend to only buy one pack of Crowns at a time. On the plus side, at least each purchase assigns a different number so that multiple credit card transactions don't get flagged as possible fraud or duplicate charges.
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    How long do the sales go on for? Do I need to order crowns now or can I wait a day??
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trublz wrote: »
    How long do the sales go on for? Do I need to order crowns now or can I wait a day??

It appears to be until August 7th on the XB1 ..... I saw this when I selected a crown purchase. It showed the full cost, the discounted price and also stated till August 7th .....

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I bought the big bundle of 5K but everything's so expensive in the crown store I'll wait till things in the store go on sale before spending my precious crowns horde ...
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just bought 2 5500 crown bungles through steam. I was charged properly, got receipt and everything, but I don't see the crowns in my ESO account page. Unfortunately, due to the maintenance, I cannot log into the game to check if the crowns were added.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

UPDATE: never mind, just got added after 30 minutes delay after the purchase.
    Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on August 3, 2016 9:11AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Well isn't this nice... after I just bought Crowns earlier this morning!! :(

Yeah, I feel your pain. I just bought the 5500 Crown pack right after the DLC release ( 8/1 ). :s:'(
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • adamastorx
    adamastorx
    ✭✭
    YEAAAH!!!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »

It is the same reason they don't advertise in advance, they don't want people saving up for sales, they want them to buy at full price. More people buying at full price is more revenue versus people buying them at discounts. Just this morning I bought three full-priced 5500 packs... if I had known that a sale was coming, I would have waited... and ZOS would have lost money.

In that case why bother having a sale at all?

It's not like they're competing with other retailers or need to clear out stock, so the only reason to have a sale on crowns is as an incentive for people to buy more than they usually would. (Case in point I had no intention of buying crowns any time soon because I still have some on my account, but since they were cheap I got a 5,500 pack anyway.)

I understand not advertising it in advance, so people don't hold off buying them at full price, but I went looking after it had started and I couldn't find anything to say it was happening. If I hadn't seen players talking about it on the forum I would never have known it was happening and they wouldn't have gotten any money at all from me.

If they want to keep it that quiet, and keep the number of people buying at the discounted price to an absolute minimum it seems to me they may as well not have a sale at all and let everyone buy them at full price.

Edit: They are now advertising it on Facebook. But nothing on the main site and even the store itself has nothing to indicate that this is a sale price.
    Edited by Danikat on August 3, 2016 5:58PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned this in guild chat yesterday. The crown store lists the 5500 pack as $23.99 (USD) now, which is 40% off the price they list in support, and the Facebook post does suggest it's going on until 8/8. It's a little unusual though that I had to hear about it through the grapevine and check several places online before I was sure there was any sale going on.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pareidolon wrote: »
    Someone mentioned this in guild chat yesterday. The crown store lists the 5500 pack as $23.99 (USD) now, which is 40% off the price they list in support, and the Facebook post does suggest it's going on until 8/8. It's a little unusual though that I had to hear about it through the grapevine and check several places online before I was sure there was any sale going on.

I literally JUST got an e-mail advertisement from them about the crown sale O_O days later. apparently its part of quakecon sale?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • valthierX
    valthierX
    ✭✭
    Damn! I didn't get any notice of this sale and I only saw it from the game launcher yesterday. If I knew this days before, I would have bought more crowns. I am wondering if I still have up to tomorrow?
  • valthierX
    valthierX
    ✭✭
    The weather today is not so good in my place today. I wish they could extend the sale up to a few more days or even one more week.
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Usually ZOS makes Crown Packs sales around some events, like now there is a Quakecon running. Next sale will hit store probably with Gamescom event, so no worries guys.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski