The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the extent of playability issues on PS4?

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally have the same issues.. even If theres no lag, go have fun in a raid of 12 people with 15-20 fps lol (Ps4) and it's not even lag, its just *** fps issues cuz the PS4 cant handle that lol.

Today released neverwinter on Ps4, although it will also have its flaws, the combat system ist as good as eso and it runs with 60 fps constant, thats just a pleasure after playing eso since beta...

If you have played ESO that long and then u play a game which runs smoothly u fell like wtf have I done the whole year. I would love if ESO makes a downgrade in terms of graphics (who cares about that in an MMO) so that it can runs smoother. This is not a discussion about neverwinter, ESO is a great game, just an info for guys who are looking for another MMO alternative on PS4 which runs "smooth", with the same great combat (but not the customization eso has!)
  • Gwythyr
    Gwythyr
    ✭✭
    I usually have no problems but today, after the latest maintenance (Login and Account), I keep getting kicked back onto the login screen. This happened three times - my character's became slow and my attacks didn't effect any enemies and then I'm kicked out.

I have good wifi for my PS4 EU game. Is anyone else effected like this today?
    Server: EU PSN
    Champion Points: 502

AD - Breton Sorceror
    EB - Templar Bosmer
    DC - Altmer Dragonknight
    AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    AD - Khajiit Templar
    DC - Dunmer Sorceror
    AD - Khajiit Warden
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gwythyr Per my original post, I was getting kicked back to the Game Startup screen BEFORE yesterday's maintenance. And haven't had time to try it since... but this doesn't fill me with confidence that it's improved at all. :s
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh... None of my characters will load at the moment. None. This is plain sad. ;_;
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Post withdrawn.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 25, 2016 4:51AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting issues. While it was better straight after the 'login maintenance', I had multiple occasions from Friday onwards including at least 2 login screen issues.

I played with guildies both Saturday & Sunday nights; last night there were at least 5 occasions in IC when I said "I'm stuck on a ****ing loading screen again, guys" - and the same the previous night(s).

That, plus I've seen an increase in the number of loading screens while going through cities (mainly) - ie not entering a building such as an Oultaws' Refuge. Got two in the Wayrest Merchants area - so the 2nd one occurred within 5 seconds of the first one ending. I used to rarely get in-zone loading screens (ie not even daily).

I'm going to try deleting the Save Game Data again tonight and if it still happens I'm posting another ticket. And of course it's irksome that you have to actually be in the game to post a ticket, which is an impossibility if you can't even login.

Edited by LadyLethalla on July 25, 2016 4:13AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This may sound like a really stupid question but have you actually resetted/turned off your router/modem as well?
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    This may sound like a really stupid question but have you actually resetted/turned off your router/modem as well?

My modem & router get turned off every night, but reset with a pin? Not for a long while. But, and it's a big one, I never used to get as many issues as I do now. And from what I remember, NEVER on the NA server.

Edit: They've said here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3187568#Comment_3187568 that "performance issues can be improved (on console) by deleting quests".

Edit #2: the above "fix" is for invisible NPCs & monsters "specifically". -___________-
    Edited by LadyLethalla on July 25, 2016 5:01AM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    I totally have the same issues.. even If theres no lag, go have fun in a raid of 12 people with 15-20 fps lol (Ps4) and it's not even lag, its just *** fps issues cuz the PS4 cant handle that lol.

Today released neverwinter on Ps4, although it will also have its flaws, the combat system ist as good as eso and it runs with 60 fps constant, thats just a pleasure after playing eso since beta...

If you have played ESO that long and then u play a game which runs smoothly u fell like wtf have I done the whole year. I would love if ESO makes a downgrade in terms of graphics (who cares about that in an MMO) so that it can runs smoother. This is not a discussion about neverwinter, ESO is a great game, just an info for guys who are looking for another MMO alternative on PS4 which runs "smooth", with the same great combat (but not the customization eso has!)

We should at least be able to turn down graphics options
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    @UltimaJoe777 @Doncellius Are you guys on NA or EU?

Sure, I get terrible lag but I hardly ever get loading screens while moving (once per day, if that). If it was just those issues without the constant difficulties in actually loading into the game, I wouldn't mind so much. But couple that with the constant PvP disconnections, and... well, I start to wonder why I'm paying for this monthly.

I don't pay for it monthly. Props if you do! I can't justify it myself though :disappointed:

I need to see the Devs fix stuff before I do that.

I hate to say it but this is my last month of plus service until they get it fixed. I was keeping with the mindset that I shouldn’t cancel because if everyone did that everytime stuff went bad they wouldn’t ever be able to fix it, but after a few months of horrible gameplay I’m thinking that is just the norm.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to finally login, but the amount of issues plaguing console are atrocious. How Microsoft or Sony hasn't put their foot down is beyond me, in regards to refusing to allow patches live.
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    Logged in. Froze. Reloaded. Froze. Didn’t bother. Took a nap. Ate food. Logged in played for 15 minutes froze. Took a dump. Went for a walk aka played Pokemon Go. Finished dailies despite frequent loading screen. Got bored so tried to use dungeon finder to liven things up. lol that didn’t work. Came to forums to be snarky and enjoy text chat. Ate a pot pie and drank a beer. Logged in and realized I was one of three people playing in my guild which used to have dozens of people on all day. Read my Game Informer to see if anything new as coming out. Not really so I guess I’ll repeat tomorrow.